+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Cy Young

Need opinion on 20 game plan and selling tixx

Hi, I know a lot of people here are season ticket holders and I can really use your opinion... How difficult will it be in getting someone to split season tickets, or for me to sell a whole bunch of games, if I have 3 tickets on an aisle in section 110 of a 20 game plan?

The reason I ask is I currently buy 2 tickets from a season ticket holder, but my son is now old enough where he needs his own seat so we need 3 now.... and it would be nice to have the legacy club perks (I have 15 year seniority so would get a lot). I just need to make sure I won't go broke doing so.

Thanks!

Devoted Member

Re: Need opinion on 20 game plan and selling tixx

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Hi, I know a lot of people here are season ticket holders and I can really use your opinion... How difficult will it be in getting someone to split season tickets, or for me to sell a whole bunch of games, if I have 3 tickets on an aisle in section 110 of a 20 game plan?

The reason I ask is I currently buy 2 tickets from a season ticket holder, but my son is now old enough where he needs his own seat so we need 3 now.... and it would be nice to have the legacy club perks (I have 15 year seniority so would get a lot). I just need to make sure I won't go broke doing so.

Thanks!
    I think 3 is harder to sell consistently than 2 or 4. Depending on the number of games your son would go you might be better off getting 2 seats. You could do a ticket exchange using tickets in the same month and exchange 3 games of 2 for 2 games of 3 tickets

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    I think 3 is harder to sell consistently than 2 or 4. Depending on the number of games your son would go you might be better off getting 2 seats. You could do a ticket exchange using tickets in the same month and exchange 3 games of 2 for 2 games of 3 tickets
    Thanks- that's a good idea... he'll be 4 next year so will be sticking to day games on the weekend for him. My only concern is we need aisle seats because of sensory issues he has... we are always moving from the seats to the aisle, back to the seats, to the playground upstairs, etc.

Will it be realistic to be able to get aisle seats in the same area consistently through ticket exchange? I'm not sure how many options you normally have with it. I would be eligible for the enhanced ticket exchange plan, if that makes any difference.

Devoted Member

Thanks- that's a good idea... he'll be 4 next year so will be sticking to day games on the weekend for him. My only concern is we need aisle seats because of sensory issues he has... we are always moving from the seats to the aisle, back to the seats, to the playground upstairs, etc.

Will it be realistic to be able to get aisle seats in the same area consistently through ticket exchange? I'm not sure how many options you normally have with it. I would be eligible for the enhanced ticket exchange plan, if that makes any difference.

Really depends on the section. Also possible if you don't get aisle seats that you are able to swap with someone once you are at the game.

the enhanced program will not get you better seats but will allow you to change tickets 7 days before a game instead of 14 days.

Thanks!

If you buy seats from a season ticket holder, how do you have 15-year seniority? Do you still buy some type of licensed ticket (plan) from the Yankees?

Be aware that a 20 game plan is every 4th home game, and the "day of the week" will rotate throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post

I don't think having a set (three-of-a-kind for us poker players) is such a hard sell. While I agree that the number of people looking for 2 or 4 is greater than those looking for 3, those with four typically don't want to be left with a single ticket, so the person looking for a set cannot buy three off the guy selling quads / pairs.

For sets, there are fewer buyers, but there are fewer sellers... So if you plan to use the majority of the tickets yourself, buy what you need.

NYYF Cy Young

Thanks for the insight! It really helped!

This made me realize I would be getting over my head because my kid would only be able to go to the day games and i'd be forced to sell a lot of mid-week 3 game seats...

YankeeJimBeam's advice of getting two seats and exchanging them for three makes a lot of sense for me so I can go with my wife or buddy once in a while and exchange a few games for 3 seats on the weekends.

I was able to find 210 row 3 in a 20 game plan, which being a low row I should be able to sell or split with someone semi-easily (I hope.)

Dstoffa- i have 15 year seniority because before my kid was born, I had a Friday night plan since 2004 (good year to start, right? lol). When my son came, I knew I wouldn't be able to go to many games for a few years, but wanted to keep seniority, so kept a single ticket in the upper deck on a 9 game plan for $100 a year while buying a few games in 113 row 1 from a STH.

I'll miss the butt cushions field level seats have, and the legends suite security will miss my kid's antics. They asked about him opening day, when he wasn't even there, meaning they remembered him all offseason.

The sacrifices you make for your kids.

Thread Information