+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Devoted Member

2018 Post Season Presale

On behalf of the Steinbrenner family and the Yankees' players, manager, coaches and front-office staff, we thank you for your support this season.

We are happy to announce that for the 2018 postseason, in addition to two (2) pre-on-sales, the Yankees will continue to have two (2) preliminary pre-on-sales for Ticket Licensees.

This year, we are introducing a new process to further improve the way Ticket Licensees access the 2018 postseason pre-on-sales. The process is simple:
    1. REGISTER HERE by no later than Friday, Sept. 7 at 10 a.m. ET
    2. On or about Monday, Sept. 10, you will receive a personalized, unique offer code that can only be used by YOU and details regarding your pre-on-sale opportunity
    3. On or about Wednesday, Sept. 12, postseason pre-on-sales will begin
    Please note: New for 2018, you MUST register using a Ticketmaster account email address that MATCHES the My Yankees Account email address listed above.

If you currently use a Ticketmaster account with an email address that is different from your My Yankees Account you must either log in to your Ticketmaster account and update your email address or create a new Ticketmaster account with an email address that matches your My Yankees Account email address.
    Click Here to Register

Registration ends on Friday, Sept. 7 at 10 a.m. ET. If you do not register using a Ticketmaster account email address that matches the My Yankees Account email address listed above, YOU WILL NOT BE ISSUED AN OFFER CODE FOR THE 2018 POSTSEASON PRE-ON-SALES AND CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE 2018 POSTSEASON PRE-ON-SALES.

Thank you for your continued and loyal support. Please do not hesitate to call (212) YANKEES if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

The New York Yankees

Re: 2018 Post Season Presale

I wonder when the strip on sale is going to start... I imagine itíll be soon if the presale is in 3 weeks

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    I wonder when the strip on sale is going to start... I imagine itíll be soon if the presale is in 3 weeks
    I believe the renewal deadline is Sept 1.

If there is a strip presale this year I would think it would be early September which falls within your 3 week time period.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    I believe the renewal deadline is Sept 1.

If there is a strip presale this year I would think it would be early September which falls within your 3 week time period.

Last year, the strip sale was 9/8. The WC/ALDS/ALCS pre-pre-sale and pre-sale were 9/18.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Last year, the strip sale was 9/8. The WC/ALDS/ALCS pre-pre-sale and pre-sale were 9/18.
    Sorry to ask a dumb question, but what is the strip sale and who is eligible? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    Sorry to ask a dumb question, but what is the strip sale and who is eligible? Many thanks!

Last year, the Yankees offered season ticket and SOME partial plan holders (maybe not the 11-game value plan holders) the option to buy full post-season strips. As a 16-game plan holder, I was given an offer of up to four strips.

No guarantee they do the strip sale again...

Devoted Member

Last year, the Yankees offered season ticket and SOME partial plan holders (maybe not the 11-game value plan holders) the option to buy full post-season strips. As a 16-game plan holder, I was given an offer of up to four strips.

No guarantee they do the strip sale again...
    I am hoping they do the strip sale again, but as said above, no guarantees that they will.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I am hoping they do the strip sale again, but as said above, no guarantees that they will.

Me, too. I will be passing up on the pre-sales if I can get strips.
    With the introduction of variable-demand-based pricing for the pre-sales, if you don't win the pre-pre-sale lottery and complete buying your tickets within the first 15 minutes, you will end up paying 50-70 percent over what has been listed as "face" for the tickets due to the fact that the algorithm which adjusts prices "sees" everyone buying everything up in a short period of time, and adjusts pricing accordingly. It works like Uber Congestion / Peak Demand pricing. No thank you this year....

Devoted Member

Regular presale registration going on now

postseason tickets
    Register now for the opportunity to purchase tickets during the 2018 Postseason Wild Card/ALDS/ALCS Pre-on-sale scheduled to take place on or about Sept. 13, 2018.

Registration is restricted to residents of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, with residency determined by the billing address of the credit card used for purchase.

The email address and zip code used to register for the 2018 Postseason Pre-on-sale must match the email address and zip code used to purchase.

Register Now

After you have registered, you will receive an email from Ticketmaster to confirm your entry was received, as well as details on what to expect next. Registration closes on Friday, Sept. 7 at 10 a.m. ET.

We expect there to be high demand for Yankees 2018 postseason tickets. By powering this pre-on-sale with Verified Fan, we have the best opportunity to ensure that more tickets get into the hands of fans who want to attend the games.

While Verified Fan does not guarantee that everyone will get a ticket, it does help ensure only fans are invited to buy tickets.

Does anyone have any information on how the verified fan process will work? Will it be just for the pre-pre-onsale, which, in the past, has been a lottery-type system that I've never won a code for? Will this also apply to the pre-onsale to which partial season ticketholders are entitled to? If the verified fan process applies to the regular pre-onsale, this would effectively deprive ticket licensees of their post-season ticket rights, since, if one does not receive a code, one cannot buy tickets. I'm assuming that the public onsale will not require this verified fan process. I haven't gotten any clear information from the Yankees on this, but I know some of you have ways of finding things out so if anyone has any insight on this, I'd appreciate hearing what you have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    Does anyone have any information on how the verified fan process will work? Will it be just for the pre-pre-onsale, which, in the past, has been a lottery-type system that I've never won a code for? Will this also apply to the pre-onsale to which partial season ticketholders are entitled to? If the verified fan process applies to the regular pre-onsale, this would effectively deprive ticket licensees of their post-season ticket rights, since, if one does not receive a code, one cannot buy tickets. I'm assuming that the public onsale will not require this verified fan process. I haven't gotten any clear information from the Yankees on this, but I know some of you have ways of finding things out so if anyone has any insight on this, I'd appreciate hearing what you have to say.

I assume you will need to register for a chance. I am on several MLB mailing lists, and got an email last week asking me to register for the right to buy playoff tickets (WC, ALDS, ALCS). Email and zip code used to register must match email and zip code used to buy.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/...c-registration

Thanks, dstoffa, this is the same e-mail I received, also, but my question was if this will apply to all pre-onsales, or just the first one? The other issue, as you know, is that, if you don't get a code for the first pre-onsale and get tickets almost immediately, the dynamic pricing kicks in and, for subsequent presales, the prices will be tens or hundreds of dollars higher than the "insider" face price.

Seems that, once again, the average fan is being squeezed out of the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    Thanks, dstoffa, this is the same e-mail I received, also, but my question was if this will apply to all pre-onsales, or just the first one? The other issue, as you know, is that, if you don't get a code for the first pre-onsale and get tickets almost immediately, the dynamic pricing kicks in and, for subsequent presales, the prices will be tens or hundreds of dollars higher than the "insider" face price.

Seems that, once again, the average fan is being squeezed out of the post-season.

The link I provided was for the public registration.

If you are a licensee that has post-season ticket rights, there is a separate registration you must complete. For that, too, your yankees email must match your ticketmaster email. This registration is for both the pre-pre-sale and the pre-sale. You should have gotten an email for that, too. Deadline is Sept 7 10am for the licensee registration.

dstoffa, thanks.

Devoted Member

Just got my e-mail about buying postseason strips.

My window is this Friday Sept. 7, 1:30 pm.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Last season was the only season in a while that I didn't have tickets, and prior to that I don't remember a strip presale. I just got an email for a presale Friday at 2 where I can purchase up to 4 strips. Does anyone know the pricing?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    Last season was the only season in a while that I didn't have tickets, and prior to that I don't remember a strip presale. I just got an email for a presale Friday at 2 where I can purchase up to 4 strips. Does anyone know the pricing?
    Here is a link to the post season pricing.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/postseason/pricing

I believe the prices are the sum of 3 WC/ALDS games, 3 ALDS games and 4 WS games at the regular not the preferred price. Prices are slightly less per game for full season ticket holders vs partial ones. The prices for the general sale will be even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Here is a link to the post season pricing.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/postseason/pricing

I believe the prices are the sum of 3 WC/ALDS games, 3 ALDS games and 4 WS games at the regular not the preferred price. Prices are slightly less per game for full season ticket holders vs partial ones. The prices for the general sale will be even higher.

Yes. Once the "variable-demand" algorithm kicks in 15 minutes pass kick-off of the pre-pre-sale, expect anywhere from a 50% to 100% markup over these prices during the pre-sales.

Your cost per seat will be MUCH LOWER if you can secure a strip.

Just got mine for a Max of 2 Thursday at 12pm. Full season

Got mine for Friday 2:30 pm. 16 game plan holder... hope thereís some availability left!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Got mine for Friday 2:30 pm. 16 game plan holder... hope thereís some availability left!

There will be, but the left-overs may not be at the price you want to pay (i.e. - Grandstand / GSO).

Last year I was out in Seattle for work on the day of my offer. By the time I got back to my hotel room (8-9 pm ET), the only thing left that was even remotely affordable (for me) was a pair of Terrace seats in 305. No thanks. I went with the regular pre-sales and got GS seats.

Has anyone gotten a strip-sale offer where the ticket limit exceeds the number of seats in your plan?

There will be, but the left-overs may not be at the price you want to pay (i.e. - Grandstand / GSO).

Last year I was out in Seattle for work on the day of my offer. By the time I got back to my hotel room (8-9 pm ET), the only thing left that was even remotely affordable (for me) was a pair of Terrace seats in 305. No thanks. I went with the regular pre-sales and got GS seats.
    Yeah I wouldnít be surprised. Iím hoping to score some main level outfield seats, section 210/231 back rows. I mostly sat there last postseason and they seemed to be a great bang for the buck. Fingers crossed!

FS Field Level, 10 year seniority. go at 1130am today

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    FS Field Level, 10 year seniority. go at 1130am today

Good luck. Post inventory / availability when you're done.

Thread Information