+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: 2018 Post Season Presale

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    11:00

What kind of seats did you end up getting? There was a post (#70) that dynamic pricing already took prices well north of starting "face" value at 10:45am ...

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    What kind of seats did you end up getting? There was a post (#70) that dynamic pricing already took prices well north of starting "face" value at 10:45am ...
    Grandstand outfield - like WAY outfield
    I think face was $50
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

So for tomorrows verified fan presale, we’re pretty much screwed right? Getting dynamic pricing out the gate
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    So for tomorrows verified fan presale, we’re pretty much screwed right? Getting dynamic pricing out the gate
    Cheaper than Public sale on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Cheaper than Public sale on Monday
    Is it though? With prices changing so “dynamically”. Prices could dip lower next week than they will be tomorrow

Is it though? With prices changing so “dynamically”. Prices could dip lower next week than they will be tomorrow
    Very unlikely, at least via the Ticketmaster algorithm. You might score some off Stubhub but that would probably be for the wild card game. The ALDS against Boston will be a hot and expensive ticket (if that series happens).

The way things are looking we wil lose in Oakland in the wild card game. Those of us who bought strips are we out the $60 service fee if no games are played?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    The way things are looking we wil lose in Oakland in the wild card game. Those of us who bought strips are we out the $60 service fee if no games are played?
    No you will be refunded the 60 in service fees. You will only pay $6 per ticket for every game played at the Stadium

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    They actually tried pulling that a few years back. It might have even been when they were still in the old stadium. Yanks got eliminated and Ticketmaster refunded the ticket price but not the service fees. There was such an uproar, we all got a refund of the service fees a couple of weeks later.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Devoted Member

as of 7:30 this morning

Wildcard

434 - $111
    Grandstand $141
    Bleachers - $146
    Jim Beam - $231
    SRO - None available

ALDS 1,2

434 - $121
    Grandstand $136
    Bleachers - $156
    Jim Beam - $256
    SRO - None available

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Very unlikely, at least via the Ticketmaster algorithm. You might score some off Stubhub but that would probably be for the wild card game. The ALDS against Boston will be a hot and expensive ticket (if that series happens).

I agree. Prices will NOT go down because:

1. There aren't many tickets left. Scarcity drives UP price, not the other way.

2. If takes a LONG time of no activity for prices to even think about decreasing, let alone actually doing it.

The tickets are prices perfectly if the last ticket sells just before first pitch. Since there isn't much inventory left (unless they've held tickets back), they will on their way to reaching their goal, or very close. What is certain is, they've banked more $$$ than if pricing was fixed for duration of the sale, even if they leave seats unsold.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    as of 7:30 this morning

Wildcard

434 - $111
    Grandstand $141
    Bleachers - $146
    Jim Beam - $231
    SRO - None available

ALDS 1,2

434 - $121
    Grandstand $136
    Bleachers - $156
    Jim Beam - $256
    SRO - None available
    Thats disgusting

Does anyone understand how this "Verified Fan" process is working? On my e-mail account that matches my Yankees ticket licensee account, I was put on "standby". Which means, had I not had the presale yesterday, I would have been prevented from getting any tickets through the "Verified Fan" process. I'm unclear as the purpose of this additional presale. Any insights are appreciated.

TM Verified Fan pre sale at 10:00am

For ALDS game 2

Section 415 Row 14 at $146

Jim Beam $256

Bleachers $146 or $156

ALDS Game 1

Grandstand $121, $136

Jim Beam $256

Bleachers $146

WILD CARD

Grandstand $111, $121, $141

Jim Beam $231

Bleachers $141, $146
    Last edited by YankeeSTH; 09-13-18 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added more info

The presale code I received yesterday is good through 10PM on 9/16. I tried to use it this morning and the Ticketmaster site is only accepting "Verified Fan" codes; I'm on standby so I don't have a code. So it seems that my presale code is not good through Sunday, and I'm barred from ordering tickets because the Verified Fan process put me on "standby".

Update: I was able to use my presale code from yesterday on the site, with a different link to the ticketmaster web site. I'm still unclear as to how the "Verified Fan" process fits into the overall presale process.

I thought MLB sets the Postseason pricing...so they're in bed with TM for "Dynamic Pricing"?

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    I thought MLB sets the Postseason pricing...so they're in bed with TM for "Dynamic Pricing"?
    I think they set world series pricing..either way dynamic has applied to playoffs for a while. I think even going back to that astros wc game.

I have a code for today but I'm gonna take my chances on the secondary market. these prices are absurd

Anyone have 20 game plan #2? Curious what time your pre on sale was (10am or 11am?). I’m on 20 game plan #1 which gets invoices 3 games, plan 2 gets invoices 2 games and gets earlier entry into the presale. Trying to figure out which option is better. If it was 10am I think #2 is better, otherwise I’d rather have 3 games at face (even if I don’t get to choose which games).

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post

They suggest pricing.

I remember commissioner Bud complaining about the low cost of World Series Tickets, stating they should be on par with NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals. Sure enough, they exploded in price soon thereafter.

I waited on line outside the old Stadium for 8 hours on Columbus Day 1996 to secure four tickets to Game 6 of the World Series. They were $40 each. Two years later, they doubled.
    Last edited by dstoffa; 09-13-18 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    Does anyone understand how this "Verified Fan" process is working? On my e-mail account that matches my Yankees ticket licensee account, I was put on "standby". Which means, had I not had the presale yesterday, I would have been prevented from getting any tickets through the "Verified Fan" process. I'm unclear as the purpose of this additional presale. Any insights are appreciated.

Yesterday I had to use the link in the email I got from the Yankees. If I tried something else, I got nowhere.

Devoted Member

The presale code I received yesterday is good through 10PM on 9/16. I tried to use it this morning and the Ticketmaster site is only accepting "Verified Fan" codes; I'm on standby so I don't have a code. So it seems that my presale code is not good through Sunday, and I'm barred from ordering tickets because the Verified Fan process put me on "standby".

Update: I was able to use my presale code from yesterday on the site, with a different link to the ticketmaster web site. I'm still unclear as to how the "Verified Fan" process fits into the overall presale process.
    The first presale codes are still working. You just have to use the email you received the other day and enter the sale code

dstoffa and YankeeJimBeam, thanks for your responses. Yes, I learned that the presale e-mail received yesterday has a different suffix on the link, which takes me to a different web page that does accept yesterday's codes. I still don't understand why there's a Verified Fan presale and who is the target audience of this presale.

While it was not exactly a picnic, at least back in the 90s, when we lined up around the block to get tickets at the box office, the process was clear .

dstoffa and YankeeJimBeam, thanks for your responses. Yes, I learned that the presale e-mail received yesterday has a different suffix on the link, which takes me to a different web page that does accept yesterday's codes. I still don't understand why there's a Verified Fan presale and who is the target audience of this presale.

The Verified Fan Presale is a smoke-job by the ticket selling industry (sports or concerts, it doesn't matter) to give them a leg to stand on when the public complains about:
    1. Resellers getting all the tickets
    2. Tickets not being available

They can say they did this to ensure codes aren't shared and they limit the amount of tickets sold to any one person.

While it was not exactly a picnic, at least back in the 90s, when we lined up around the block to get tickets at the box office, the process was clear .

Or walk in to your local TicketMaster Outlet at Tower or the Wiz.... no lines for early round games. It's as if everyone forgot about how to buy tickets the old fashion way...

Devoted Member

SRO seats now for sale online

Wildcard - $101
    ALDS 1 - $106
    ALDS 2 - $111

I bought tickets to every playoff game last season during regular sales, its downright depressing looking at my old order confirmations. they doubled and tripled prices this year. its really disgusting how they're going about things this year.

Thread Information