+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: 2018 Post Season Presale

What an absolute joke! The only reason I got season tickets this year was for the postseason access. Log on right at 11:00 and no SRO available. After hearing those prices I probably would have passed. Should be grateful Iíve done 20+ postseason games because theyíve done a great job of keeping people like me at home in October. Thankfully I didnít renew my season ticket plan for 2019. Now I can go back to buying reduced tickets on stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    What a slap across the face to STHers.

They want you on a plan that gets invoiced playoff tickets.... This is one way they steer the market to their whim.

Tickets were "double" the starting price by the time I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by nagledm View Post
    What an absolute joke! The only reason I got season tickets this year was for the postseason access. Log on right at 11:00 and no SRO available. After hearing those prices I probably would have passed. Should be grateful Iíve done 20+ postseason games because theyíve done a great job of keeping people like me at home in October. Thankfully I didnít renew my season ticket plan for 2019. Now I can go back to buying reduced tickets on stubhub.

As we've written, you need to win the pre-pre-sale to get post-season tickets at the starting price.

Your other options are upgrading to a plan that gets invoiced strips, or being able to get full post-season strips (no guarantee they are offered anyway).

Talk about unethical. Where did it say anywhere before the sale that dynamic pricing would kick in for a presale? Right on their site lists the prices for the sale and they are now doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by huskies009 View Post
    How does dynamic pricing kick in during the middle of the presale?

I believe the inventory is repriced every 15 minutes.

You better get through all the wickets before the change... Think of it like an ebay auction... Be prepared to be sniped.

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    Talk about unethical. Where did it say anywhere before the sale that dynamic pricing would kick in for a presale? Right on their site lists the prices for the sale and they are now doubled.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/postseason/pricing

In particular:
    *All individual game ticket prices are subject to variable and dynamic pricing, which provide fans with more price options based on changing factors that affect market demand.
    This was a big topic of discussion last year...

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/postseason/pricing

In particular:

This was a big topic of discussion last year...
    But if they are changing the dynamic price why wouldn't that update on the site? Still shows Prices in the $40's to start.

Devoted Member

But if they are changing the dynamic price why wouldn't that update on the site? Still shows Prices in the $40's to start.
    at 11;45

WC cheapest seat 91
    ALDS Game 1 96
    ALDS Game 2 101
    ALDS Game 3 101

These prices are for seats in sections 434 or 405

Basically the Yanks are pushing people to either full or maybe 1/2 season plans. You get full strips at preferred price or at worst strips at sale price before dynamic pricing kicks in

It's kind of sad its come to this. Bleacher seats to WC start at $126??? I mean WTH Yankees.

The cost of having web-pages updated dynamically with the pricing changes is a task that doesn't offer any value in their eyes.

The disclaimer that pricing is variable is all they legally need. It's on you, as the buyer, to read all the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by bboomer232 View Post
    It's kind of sad its come to this. Bleacher seats to WC start at $126??? I mean WTH Yankees.

They don't want you making money on their tickets. They want to make money on their tickets. If the secondary market supports $125 bleacher tickets, then that is what they want to price them at. What they consider their best customers (notice I did not use fans) are the ones that buy in bulk and get invoiced playoff strips...

When the demand drops do prices dynamically reduce?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    When the demand drops do prices dynamically reduce?

Sure. When there are no sales for 15 minutes, prices may drop. But wait, someone will always be clicking to buy in every 15 minute block.... The tickets are going to sell. There will never be a calming period which would bring prices back down.

IMHO, as even a mere partial season ticket licensee, there should be some benefit to being offered a presale, which should feature the fixed partial ticket licensee price for the duration of the presale. As it is, full season ticketholders and those lucky enough to be able to purchase strips (if one can afford to be either of those) are advantaged in that they are then free to turn around and sell the extra tickets on StubHub; in the late 90s, some season ticketholders made so much money selling extra post-season tickets, that it covered the cost of next year's season tickets.

They don't want you making money on their tickets. They want to make money on their tickets. If the secondary market supports $125 bleacher tickets, then that is what they want to price them at. What they consider their best customers (notice I did not use fans) are the ones that buy in bulk and get invoiced playoff strips...
    I mean I get that, but how about letting us buy as many tickets as we have season tickets (2 for me) to each series for what they cost? Why do I need to be able to get 8 tickets? I think that would be a lot fairer to us partial holders and at least we'd get a game each series. 8 tickets to any one of these games in my current seats costs as much as my whole season ticket price for a pair. Its just not right.

Thereís a good chance this team chokes and plays the wild card game in Oakland and loses there.

Thereís a good chance this team chokes and plays the wild card game in Oakland and loses there.

That would at least quell our financial complaints, in the near term, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bboomer232 View Post
    I mean I get that, but how about letting us buy as many tickets as we have season tickets (2 for me) to each series for what they cost? Why do I need to be able to get 8 tickets? I think that would be a lot fairer to us partial holders and at least we'd get a game each series. 8 tickets to any one of these games in my current seats costs as much as my whole season ticket price for a pair. Its just not right.

The plan holder pre-sale used to be structured similarly. There must have been a change (aka - a significant drop) in the number of Yankees FSTE's, and now they can offer more than 2 seats per series per subscriber.... I mean now they offer strip pre-sales and 8 seats per game... I am certain they want to limit the number of tickets that make it to the general sale to lead people to buy plans...

It would be good if, for the duration of the pre-sale exclusivity window (11a - 12p), the prices would still be at the published value. But again, they don't want us buying eight for $50, using two, and selling the other six at $100 each... And that may as well happen...

This is why strips are so damn important. That being said, ALDS prices here are a bargain compared to what they will be on Stubhub. Yankees Red Sox will be the only matchup possible, and itíll be huge

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    This is why strips are so damn important. That being said, ALDS prices here are a bargain compared to what they will be on Stubhub. Yankees Red Sox will be the only matchup possible, and itíll be huge

I'd still prefer to buy more seats to a game a-la-carte (at a higher price) than buy a strip and only have two seats per game and need to worry about resale during, say, bad weather or Yanks facing being swept. I prefer to limit my exposure.

And I agree getting strips are important in keeping your per-game cost down. Unfortunately there were no strips I could justify spending money on.

I'd still prefer to buy more seats to a game a-la-carte (at a higher price) than buy a strip and only have two seats per game and need to worry about resale during, say, bad weather or Yanks facing being swept. I prefer to limit my exposure.

And I agree getting strips are important in keeping your per-game cost down. Unfortunately there were no strips I could justify spending money on.
    Hey the games we thought the Yankees were gonna get swept/eliminated were the best ones last year!

I hear ya, itís just that the per game price is so much better than the individual ones with dynamic pricing. Also wrt bad weather, I always get seats in the main level under the overhang for just that reason.

Devoted Member

The same row where I paid $61 this morning are $131 now.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    at 11;45

WC cheapest seat 91
    ALDS Game 1 96
    ALDS Game 2 101
    ALDS Game 3 101

These prices are for seats in sections 434 or 405

Basically the Yanks are pushing people to either full or maybe 1/2 season plans. You get full strips at preferred price or at worst strips at sale price before dynamic pricing kicks in

at 4:15
    Wild Card now 111cheapest ticket
    ALDS Game 1 121
    ALDS Game 2 121

SRO tickets were listed at 96 for WC and ALDS 1 and 101 for ALDS 2 and none available

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    The same row where I paid $61 this morning are $131 now.
    Did you have a 10 am spot?

Devoted Member

Did you have a 10 am spot?
    11:00
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Thread Information