+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Devoted Member

Re: 2018 Post Season Presale

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Same issue with me. No postseason strips showing up.
    Mine finally popped up about 10 minutes past my scheduled time.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Bought strips in section 232a, might still do the pre on sale but Iím guessing those prices will skyrocket when it starts, especially for the wild card game.

It is what it is. If I am going to commit 4 large, it better be for decent seats. I can't justify it. Plus, I need more seats than I can get in the strip-sale. I was only able to buy two. I'll need at least five for the WC game...

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    It is what it is. If I am going to commit 4 large, it better be for decent seats. I can't justify it. Plus, I need more seats than I can get in the strip-sale. I was only able to buy two. I'll need at least five for the WC game...
    Yep this is gonna be true for me if the Red Sox - yankees ALDS comes to fruition. Iím sure the girlfriendís family from Boston will want a few tix

Yep this is gonna be true for me if the Red Sox - yankees ALDS comes to fruition. Iím sure the girlfriendís family from Boston will want a few tix

And then there is the schedule. The Yankees are not going to catch the Sox, so they'll be on the road the entire post-season. Every home game will be a week night. And I just can't do the Stadium every night like I did 20 years ago... It was tough then. It would be impossible today..

Question on strip pricing - it looks like I was charged the Partial Plan Regular amount, vs. Partial Plan Preferred. Whatís the difference - is it whether you renewed for 2019 or not?

And then there is the schedule. The Yankees are not going to catch the Sox, so they'll be on the road the entire post-season. Every home game will be a week night. And I just can't do the Stadium every night like I did 20 years ago... It was tough then. It would be impossible today..
    Yep itíll be very similar to last year. The only weekend games we could have are the World Series, if we were the away team (and Iím not even sure thatís probable, because our record is pretty high right now).

Question on strip pricing - it looks like I was charged the Partial Plan Regular amount, vs. Partial Plan Preferred. What’s the difference - is it whether you renewed for 2019 or not?

I think preferred pricing is if you are invoiced for it as part of your plan. If you buy "extras" outside your plan allotment, it's at regular price. (Check this post earlier in this thread: http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post8580585)

Yep itíll be very similar to last year. The only weekend games we could have are the World Series, if we were the away team (and Iím not even sure thatís probable, because our record is pretty high right now).

If we beat Boston, and finish better than Houston (currently tied), all ALCS home games for Yankees will be at Home (1,2,6,7).

World Series games for the Yankees are scheduled all during weekdays (Tue & Weds)

Quote Originally Posted by Adony1984 View Post
    If we beat Boston, and finish better than Houston (currently tied), all ALCS home games for Yankees will be at Home (1,2,6,7).

You can't get home field unless you win a division. The Yanks need to catch Boston and win the AL East in order to host. The World Series is best record between the participants.

From the rulebook:
    League Championship Series. Games 1, 2, 6 and 7 of each League
    Championship Series shall be scheduled to be played in the ballpark of the Club with
    the higher percentage than its League Championship Series opponent of games won
    and lost in the championship season; provided, however, that Games 1, 2, 6 and 7
    shall be scheduled in the ballpark of the opponent of a Wild Card Club in the League
    Championship Series, notwithstanding the percentage of games won and lost by
    such Wild Card Club. Games 3, 4 and 5 shall be scheduled to be played in the
    ballpark of the Club that is the visiting Club in Games 1, 2, 6 and 7.

Devoted Member

I didn't buy any strips. The selections were slim and not worth the 12-game price, especially since they will all be mid-week games as mentioned above. I think I will try to get WC and ALDS in the pre-sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Adony1984 View Post

World Series games for the Yankees are scheduled all during weekdays (Tue & Weds)
    Arenít all home games played at home?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I didn't buy any strips. The selections were slim and not worth the 12-game price, especially since they will all be mid-week games as mentioned above. I think I will try to get WC and ALDS in the pre-sale.
    I definitely wasnít pleased with the selection, thought Iíd get 231 or 210 but not the case... those are probably saved for the single game presale. I hope you get into the presale within the first 10 mins, otherwise those prices will double.

You can't get home field unless you win a division. The Yanks need to catch Boston and win the AL East in order to host. The World Series is best record between the participants.

From the rulebook:
    I stand corrected! Learn something new everyday.

I definitely wasn’t pleased with the selection, thought I’d get 231 or 210 but not the case... those are probably saved for the single game presale. I hope you get into the presale within the first 10 mins, otherwise those prices will double.

Actually, you need to win the pre-pre-sale lottery to have a shot at "face" value. I took too long last year after winning the pre-pre-sale lottery, and ended up paying an extra $40 or so per ticket for the ALCS. My only mistake was taking my time... I am smarter now.

If you just get in the regular pre-sale, the computer will have already adjusted the price.. and you pay markup.
    Last edited by dstoffa; 09-08-18 at 10:25 AM.

pre on sale info. preliminary at 10am, pre-onsale at 11

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/...son/preonsale1

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/...son/preonsale2

Is this saying you can buy 8 tickets PER game?, or is it 8 TOTAL across all games on sale or across each round?

Also - does anyone know how to force the browser to the "let ticketmaster pick the seat" option instead of the map which during a pre onsale is very hard to get something as the seats disappear by the time you add them

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    preliminary pre on sale info

Is this saying you can buy 8 tickets PER game?, or is it 8 TOTAL across all games on sale or across each round?

Also - does anyone know how to force the browser to the "let ticketmaster pick the seat" option instead of the map which during a pre onsale is very hard to get something as the seats disappear by the time you add them

Yes. 8 tickets per game.

I don't recall how you have them "pick", but the option typically shuts itself off during high traffic periods.

I take it you won the pre-pre-sale? I don't get in until 11am.

Got my email saying Wednesday 11 am. Guess I didnít win the presale lottery.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    pre on sale info. preliminary at 10am, pre-onsale at 11

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/...son/preonsale2

I believe the default is let Ticketmaster choose the seat for you. Often it is harder to choose the seats yourself than let Ticketmaster do it.

It is 8 PER GAME and not total

Mine is 11 am. No chance Iím gonna get tickets at face, prices will be sky high.

Will still take a peek but will probably pass.

Devoted Member

Dynamic pricing has kicked in

Jim Beam for WC/ALDS was 136 now 191
    Grandstand was 54 now 92

Standing Room Only - no drink included

WC $71
    ALDS $76

Wow that was quick

Devoted Member

Very smooth and fast process. Got exactly what I wanted for two different games and was in and out in 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Dynamic pricing has kicked in

Jim Beam for WC/ALDS was 136 now 191
    Grandstand was 54 now 92

How does dynamic pricing kick in during the middle of the presale?

I bought one set of 4 for ALCS Home game 1 in Section 236 for $68 ticket and then 5 minutes later did the same transaction for 4 more in 236 and it came out to be $126 per seat.

Worst part is the whole way through the process it showed $68 per seat and then after i submitted payment and it showed me my transaction was finalized it showed me the higher price. It must have been in the middle of the dynamic pricing switch over, i am currently on the phone with ticketmaster and will be calling my rep right after im done with ticketmaster. INSANE!!!!!

What a slap across the face to STHers.

Thread Information