+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Avenatti for President

Michael Avenatti is in Iowa testing the waters to see if there is support for him to mount a presidential bid. Numerous media outlets are reporting that he is serious about running.

What do you think?

Re: Avenatti for President

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Michael Avenatti is in Iowa testing the waters to see if there is support for him to mount a presidential bid. Numerous media outlets are reporting that he is serious about running.

What do you think?

I think (hope) there are more qualified people to run for President than Avenatti.

Reject Fascism

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    I think (hope) there are more qualified people to run for President than Avenatti.
    Agreed. I donít even know how serious he is in even running.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Heís more qualified than Trump, and itís not close.

Not much of an argument, is it?

What do you think?
    Nope. That's what I think.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

NYYF Legend

What do you think?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Heís more qualified than Trump, and itís not close.

Not much of an argument, is it?
    Mariah Carey is more qualified than Trump. Let's not set the bar this low so that we can see who jumps over it. I know the Constitution sets it up so that almost any American citizen can grow up to become President, but this ain't an entry level job like Burger King.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Reject Fascism

A tree stump is more qualified than Trump.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

I don't see what Avenatti brings to the table. He seems like another narcissistic, publicity whore with no government experience. We should be able to do better than that.
    The feminist agenda ... encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians. ~Pat Robertson 1992

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Agreed. I donít even know how serious he is in even running.
    Very.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I don't see what Avenatti brings to the table. He seems like another narcissistic, publicity whore with no government experience. We should be able to do better than that.
    This!

Qualified? I’m not sure what that means.

With all the qualified Democrats in the Senate and with a president in his 2nd term, that party couldn’t figure out how to stand up to Mitch McConnell and the Republicans when he stuck a finger in their eye, spit in their face, and refused to hold hearings on the president’s SCOTUS nominee.

The Democrats then nominated such a badly flawed candidate that a reality TV personality with a corrupt history beat her in the general election. These political pros in the Democratic Party were so adept at managing the campaign that they had to rig the primaries in Hillay’s favor, only to hurt her when the general election rolled around.

As a minority party with Trump in the White House, the biggest screw up in presidential history, they still haven’t figured out hoe to seize the moment the way the Republicans did to put them on the defensive with Obama in the WH.

This mess is what experience has given us. How about someone with backbone? How about someone who knows how to go on the attack and make the opponent look silly? Goodness knows that Trump and the Republicans have given them more than enough opportunities. Yet Trump sits with a 42% approval rating as he has all year, up from where he was last fall?

Who’s the Democrat who’s shown s/he actually has the ability to lead?

Trump's latest approval rating down to 39% by Gallup.

Qualified? Iím not sure what that means.

With all the qualified Democrats in the Senate........
    There's a difference between 'qualified' and 'effective.' Many Senate Democrats are certainly well-qualified, but haven't yet proven to be effective at governing. I'm not certain that's their fault....a lot of their ineffectiveness is derived from hyper-partisanship.

I fear a Hollywood attorney would prove (much like the current POTUS) to be neither qualified nor effective.

No.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Avenatti is nice to have around to poke Trump in his current capacity, but I don't want him anywhere near the Presidency or any other office.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    There's a difference between 'qualified' and 'effective.' Many Senate Democrats are certainly well-qualified, but haven't yet proven to be effective at governing. I'm not certain that's their fault....a lot of their ineffectiveness is derived from hyper-partisanship.

I fear a Hollywood attorney would prove (much like the current POTUS) to be neither qualified nor effective.

No.
    I agree with you there, gone are the days when Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch can write some legislation that works for both sides of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Trump's latest approval rating down to 39% by Gallup.
    One poll is nit a trend. I use an average of the 5 most recent polls by different polling companies. I also lean toward the adjusted numbers at 538.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post

No.
    Fair enough.

All I can say is that I havenít seen anyone from the current crop of politicians being effective - especially on the Democrat side.

Fair enough.

All I can say is that I havenít seen anyone from the current crop of politicians being effective - especially on the Democrat side.
    Again, in our era of hyper-partisan politics, the minority party has no tools to use to become effective. When you serve the Party first, and not the people, you are, at best, a politician and not a statesman.

No one in Washington will ever be an effective leader if they put politics ahead of statesmanship. And, right now, both parties are focused ONLY on the politics, and statesmanship isn't even a consideration.

'Drain the swamp' is a terrific goal. Sadly, the party in power has greatly added to the swampland, rather than drain it.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Fair enough.

Nancy Pelosi has been an extremely effective legislative leader.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    A tree stump is more qualified than Trump.
    A 35-year-old tree stump is more qualified than Mariah Carey, too, and she's still more qualified than Trump.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Sherrod Brown/Kamala Harris

Honestly I would love Joe Biden but I think his ship has sailed.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    A 35-year-old tree stump is more qualified than Mariah Carey, too, and she's still more qualified than Trump.
    Hell, Iím more qualified than Trump... and Iím kind of a dumbass.

Hell, Iím more qualified than Trump... and Iím kind of a dumbass.
    I was going to disagree with your assessment of yourself, but then I remembered you're a Red Sox fan.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Avenatti is a decent gadfly. Gadflies are good creatures o have buzzing around the edges, provoking, pissing people off, and occasionally scoring points - without having to take any serious responsibility for what they say. The trade off is that they should never, ever be given actual power or authority. Whatever they say, it should never truly matter.

Trump could have had value by remaining a gadfly. He is what happens when a gadfly has power.

Thread Information