+ Reply to Thread
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Help Needed - Have trouble accessing site.

I am a frequent poster on NYYFANS but I have had a great deal of trouble in the past few weeks getting access to the site.

I can get to ANY other site except NYYFANS.

I have tried all the remedies. Restart modem, clear cache, I went to the control panel and put in the 208-67-220-220 thing. I went IPCONFIG and flush dns.

I tried all these youtube tutorials on how to access that one site that you can't access -- and butkis. I can only get in rarely for a few minutes and then it's off again.

What can I do?
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Re: Help Needed - Have trouble accessing site.

ps - yes, I know I am on line now. I am at a friend's house. Need to fix this!
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    ps - yes, I know I am on line now. I am at a friend's house. Need to fix this!
    You have a friend?
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

...and now in an attempt to be helpful, could this be the issue (possibly you have the old web address bookmarked?):

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...-NYYFans-Forum

All, in their continuing effort to provide high quality Yankees content, SNY has decided to split the NYYFans.com site from the forum. Effective immediately, the NYYFans forum is using a new URL: www.nyyfansforum.com - you will need to log in with your user credentials. Please update your bookmarks now.

The old URL, forums.nyyfans.com will redirect to the new domain name for a temporary period of time while everyone makes the transition.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Yes, friend, I do have the new URL....still have issues.

NYYF Legend

Yes, friend, I do have the new URL....still have issues.
    Sorry, that's all I have.

Didn't you have trouble accessing the CBS site a few months ago? Hmmm.

Thanks for calling me friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Sorry, that's all I have.

Didn't you have trouble accessing the CBS site a few months ago? Hmmm.

Thanks for calling me friend!!
    CBS was a different issue - it was a password thing. This issue with NYYFANS is more problematic.

You ARE my virtual Yankee friend!

c'mon techies....ideas?

A couple of years ago I was living in temporary housing, and I couldn't log onto one of my credit card sites. I had the cable company involved, then the credit card company, and after a couple of months of trying every possible thing I finally gave up. I always suspected it was some kind of odd translation issue along the cable route but I'll never know. My only suggestion is that you try a neighbor's house (if you're portable) that uses the same company you do and see if there's any difference.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    A couple of years ago I was living in temporary housing, and I couldn't log onto one of my credit card sites. I had the cable company involved, then the credit card company, and after a couple of months of trying every possible thing I finally gave up. I always suspected it was some kind of odd translation issue along the cable route but I'll never know. My only suggestion is that you try a neighbor's house (if you're portable) that uses the same company you do and see if there's any difference.

Thanks for responding. Yes, I can access the site from other localities. But I want to do so from home. This weekend I can post from my phone because the fam and I are in - ahem - Massachusetts -- when I come home tomorrow I need to figure this out!

I've had issues off and on being able to access only this site, too. I'm not sure why either.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I am a frequent poster on NYYFANS but I have had a great deal of trouble in the past few weeks getting access to the site.

I can get to ANY other site except NYYFANS.

I have tried all the remedies. Restart modem, clear cache, I went to the control panel and put in the 208-67-220-220 thing. I went IPCONFIG and flush dns.

I tried all these youtube tutorials on how to access that one site that you can't access -- and butkis. I can only get in rarely for a few minutes and then it's off again.

What can I do?

What browser do you use and do you use any ad blockers or other add-ons? It sounds like something is blocking it. I'd try downloading a different browser and try it without adding any add-ons. See if that could be the problem.

I've run third party firmware on my router and Gargoyle, for one, has ad blocking that kept me from accessing various sites till I turned it off. Even things like antivirus software and anti-malware programs like Malwarebytes have ad blockers and website blockers included.

Quote Originally Posted by EGK View Post
    What browser do you use and do you use any ad blockers or other add-ons? It sounds like something is blocking it. I'd try downloading a different browser and try it without adding any add-ons. See if that could be the problem.

I've run third party firmware on my router and Gargoyle, for one, has ad blocking that kept me from accessing various sites till I turned it off. Even things like antivirus software and anti-malware programs like Malwarebytes have ad blockers and website blockers included.

Thank you very much for responding.

I use foxfire on desktop and chrome on phone. It has to be a connectivity problem because when it is out, it's out on both. I do run malwarebytes - but that shouldn't have anything to do with phone when it is out on both. But if it is a connection problem, why would I be able to access any other site except nyyfans?

Anyway, I will kill ad ons and keep trying. Right now it is working.

Thanks for responding. Yes, I can access the site from other localities. But I want to do so from home. This weekend I can post from my phone because the fam and I are in - ahem - Massachusetts -- when I come home tomorrow I need to figure this out!
    Can you post from your phone when you're at home? What else do you use to post?
    Let the kids play.

Thank you very much for responding.

Anyway, I will kill ad ons and keep trying. Right now it is working.
    Now you got me curious what could be going on. I just tried to run a traceroute (I'm on Windows 10) from a command prompt by doing "tracert nyyfansforum.com" It gives a "request timed out" every time yet I'm able to get to the web site with no problems.

Running a tracert to "www.sny.tv" also times out so I'm guessing the site is masked in some way. When this happens to you have you tried going to the main page at https://www.sny.tv/ ? If that works you can click on the Yankees logo to get to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by EGK View Post
    Now you got me curious what could be going on. I just tried to run a traceroute (I'm on Windows 10) from a command prompt by doing "tracert nyyfansforum.com" It gives a "request timed out" every time yet I'm able to get to the web site with no problems.

Running a tracert to "www.sny.tv" also times out so I'm guessing the site is masked in some way. When this happens to you have you tried going to the main page at https://www.sny.tv/ ? If that works you can click on the Yankees logo to get to the forums.

Here is what's happening now. I can click on the forum, click on the thread within the forum I want, then click on the thread to make a reply -- then it goes bad, 9 times out of 10.

Here is what's happening now. I can click on the forum, click on the thread within the forum I want, then click on the thread to make a reply -- then it goes bad, 9 times out of 10.
    Yep - this is still going on. I had a geek kid come over to "fix" but he had nothing. I can only access this site away from home. It can't be computer settings because my phone while at home and my wife's computer also can not access site. Now I can only complain about Boone to the cat, and he gets bored with it....HELP

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Yep - this is still going on. I had a geek kid come over to "fix" but he had nothing. I can only access this site away from home. It can't be computer settings because my phone while at home and my wife's computer also can not access site. Now I can only complain about Boone to the cat, and he gets bored with it....HELP
    Sounds like the issue is with your modem and/or router. Have you tried to power cycle both of them? If that doesn’t address the issue, bypass the router by directly connecting the modem to a PC to see if you can then successfully access, post to the website. That way you can begin to pinpoint the issue (firewall, etc).
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Check your hard drive for ticks.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Seems like a firewall issue.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Seems like a firewall issue.
    My thought exactly, possibly router firewall. Might try a factory reset on router or try swapping in another one.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    My thought exactly, possibly router firewall. Might try a factory reset on router or try swapping in another one.
    hardrain thanked me in a game thread later that day, alluding to the fact the issue was resolved by rebooting the equipment I had suggested.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Thread Information