+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Luke Voit Performance Thread

I would give Bird one more chance and if it didnít work I would trade him! Voit is still possible but would have to prove it over a long period of time and improve his defense at the same time.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Cashman made it known that Bird, Voit and perhaps Andujar will compete for the full-time 1B position come spring training time.
    The "perhaps Andujar" part is intriguing. He might well be a better fit there, provided they find a solid defensive solution at third, and I love the idea of keeping his bat in the lineup. If that plays out with Andujar winning the job, I hope they keep Voit. We can always use his bat off the bench. Not sure where that leaves Bird. I hate to give up on him but maybe I'm afraid to admit I already have.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    The "perhaps Andujar" part is intriguing. He might well be a better fit there, provided they find a solid defensive solution at third, and I love the idea of keeping his bat in the lineup. If that plays out with Andujar winning the job, I hope they keep Voit. We can always use his bat off the bench. Not sure where that leaves Bird. I hate to give up on him but maybe I'm afraid to admit I already have.
    If somehow Miggy wins the everyday 1B job in ST 2019, it is very difficult to keep either Bird or Volt, as they can only play 1B or DH. While it would be great to have that bat off the bench, it is really poor roster management.

Especially if they keep on going with an 8 man pen. That leaves a 3 man bench, and the team, as currently constructed, can ill afford a 1B/DH as one of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    If somehow Miggy wins the everyday 1B job in ST 2019, it is very difficult to keep either Bird or Volt, as they can only play 1B or DH. While it would be great to have that bat off the bench, it is really poor roster management.

Especially if they keep on going with an 8 man pen. That leaves a 3 man bench, and the team, as currently constructed, can ill afford a 1B/DH as one of those 3.
    This is all assuming that Stanton is not the everyday LF, which seems like a definite possibility.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post

Sometimes I think having room for just three position players on the bench is poor roster management. But if that's all there is, I suppose you're right.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

What distinguishes Voit from Bird is that Voit hits for a higher BA and he has proven power to RF. Bird is supposed to be better defensively at 1B, but last season he dropped quite a few throws from Andujar. Tyler Austin was dispatched to the Twins because Bird is a left handed hitter. Should they move Andujar to 1B full-time, either Voit or Bird should be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    What distinguishes Voit from Bird is that Voit hits for a higher BA and he has proven power to RF. Bird is supposed to be better defensively at 1B, but last season he dropped quite a few throws from Andujar. Tyler Austin was dispatched to the Twins because Bird is a left handed hitter. Should they move Andujar to 1B full-time, either Voit or Bird should be traded.
    Lots of wrong here, but one thing is that Tyler Austin was dealt because he can't hit righties and he was out of options.

Released Outright

if your not hitting 30 hr & 100 rbi @ 1b either your agent is real good or your into along contract deal = easiest position on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Hook I View Post
    if your not hitting 30 hr & 100 rbi @ 1b either your agent is real good or your into along contract deal = easiest position on the field
    Here's a list of all the players who had 30 HR and 100 RBI last year while playing at least 50% of their games at 1b:

Jesus Aguilar
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

He had the highest xwOBA (0.440) of ANYONE in baseball with over 150 PAs.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Thread Information