+ Reply to Thread

Tampa Tarpons - anyone worth seeing?

Is Florial still down there? I'm in Tampa and might go to the game tomorrow night if so... anyone else worth checking out? I'm going just because it's the Yankees but if there are any standouts I'd be interested in knowing who to pay attention to (and maybe get autographs from lol)

NYYF Legend

Re: Tampa Tarpons - anyone worth seeing?

If there still a few nice prospects to check out would be Florial Whitlock,Green,Gilliam and Park. Have a good time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    If there still a few nice prospects to check out would be Florial Whitlock,Green,Gilliam and Park. Have a good time!!
    Depending on who is pitching, Adonis Rosa is an interesting starter. There's Nick Green as well, and Hoy Jun Park at SS.

I've never been that fond of the Florida State League because it tends to suppress offense. You'd think that the extreme heat and humidity would have an opposite effect, but these kids are a lot less well conditioned than their ML counterparts and by the time August rolls around many of 'em are flat out exhausted making them easy pickings for anyone with a 92 mph fastball.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by AllRise View Post
    Is Florial still down there? I'm in Tampa and might go to the game tomorrow night if so... anyone else worth checking out? I'm going just because it's the Yankees but if there are any standouts I'd be interested in knowing who to pay attention to (and maybe get autographs from lol)
    Regardless of who is on the roster, going to a ball game is always worth it.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AllRise View Post
    It's a nice stadium, and the view is good from just about every seat. I have found that traffic getting in and getting out was not a problem. Not sure about their attendance this year, but in past seasons, when i have gone, the place was rarely more than half filled.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    regardless of who is on the roster, going to a ball game is always worth it.
    yep!!

Thread Information