+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: July 20, 1963

NYYF Legend

July 20, 1963

OK, I apologize in advance. I am well aware that blowing your own horn is in bad taste, but since this is a special occasion, I will do it anyhow.

Today is my Wife, Nancy, and my 55th Wedding anniversary. The years have been kinder to us than we (I) deserve. We have been blessed with five fine kids and twelve magnificent grandkids.

I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to have as my wife the finest Woman that I have ever met.

I have suffered with many of you through many sad occasions, health and marital problems, for instance, and I just had to share my good news with you.

I have been a member of this board since Jim invited me to join in Feb 2000 and before that I was a member of the old Yankee dot com board. Does anyone remember our old lawyer friend Dom from that old board?

I consider you my friends and you have helped me to enjoy baseball and the Yankees more than I might have without these discussions we have had, so thanks and forgive my bad taste in blowing my horn today.

Warmest regards to you all

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Re: July 20, 1963

Congratulations, Andy!

NYYF Triple Crown

Congrats. Anyone who has been married longer then I have been alive (53) deserves some applause.
    [

NYYF Legend

Congratulations to you and your wife Andy. You are a great guy and a tremendous asset to this community.

John
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    OK, I apologize in advance. I am well aware that blowing your own horn is in bad taste, but since this is a special occasion, I will do it anyhow.

Today is my Wife, Nancy, and my 55th Wedding anniversary.
    Please, Andy, NEVER apologize for being proud of having been married for 55 years. It's a remarkable achievement. You have every right to toot your own horn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nome
    I consider you my friends and you have helped me to enjoy baseball and the Yankees more than I might have without these discussions we have had
    Back at ya. And I, for one, am honored that you consider us to be your friends. Happy Anniversary!

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Reject Fascism

Happy Anniversary Andy and Nancy!
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Happy Anniversary to both of you. I think Nancy is one lucky gal and you're a lucky guy to have found each other.
    Always read your posts so keep them coming.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Happy Anniversary, Andy! 55 years. My own parents celebrated their 55th this past June 9th. Congratulations!
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Cy Young

Congrats, man!

I've got 49 years to go in my marriage to catch up.

Any sage advice or wisdom you wish to bestow upon us youths to help ensure we make it?

Jingoism is not Patriotism

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Congrats, man!

Any sage advice or wisdom you wish to bestow upon us youths to help ensure we make it?

To have a long and satisfying relationship, both parties have to learn how and when to compromise.

I hate to generalize but that is a trait that I do not see very often in the Younger people that I know

Good luck

Andy
    Last edited by Nome; 07-20-18 at 03:46 PM.
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Wowsers, that is a long time. No one stays together that long without putting in the work that a marriage requires, so kudos to you and your wife.

And brag all you want. I think you should get t-shirts made that brag about it, to give the youngsters something to aspire to.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Congrats, man!

One more year and you’ll match my record. Want any advice from me?

Happy anniversary, Andy! You deserve a thread!
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I think I can wing it for another 12 months.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

I had the pleasure of meeting the happy couple about 10 years ago at Yankee spring training. Congrats to you both, and I hope to see you again!
    Let the kids play.

I'm reminded of Phil Rizzuto, who always used to refer to his wife as "my bride, Cora." That was after they'd been married quite a few decades.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

That is quite a milestone! Congratulations to you both.

NYYF Legend

Congratulations...I hope to be so lucky.

Congratulations Andy!!! It's about time you settled down.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Congratulations, Andy. I'm envious.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Congratulations, Andy. I'm envious.

Of me or my wife?

Andy

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Congratulations Andy!!! It's about time you settled down.

Maybe I've settled down, but I'll never act my age

Andy

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post

Today is my Wife, Nancy, and my 55th Wedding anniversary. The years have been kinder to us than we (I) deserve. We have been blessed with five fine kids and twelve magnificent grandkids.

I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to have as my wife the finest Woman that I have ever met.

I have suffered with many of you through many sad occasions, health and marital problems, for instance, and I just had to share my good news with you.

I have been a member of this board since Jim invited me to join in Feb 2000 and before that I was a member of the old Yankee dot com board. Does anyone remember our old lawyer friend Dom from that old board?

I consider you my friends and you have helped me to enjoy baseball and the Yankees more than I might have without these discussions we have had, so thanks and forgive my bad taste in blowing my horn today.

Warmest regards to you all

Andy
    Andy, rarely have I seen a man so appreciative of his wife and the concept of marriage. That was a very loving statement.

I'm very happy that you and Nancy are doing so well. You remind me so much about how Scooter would rave about his wife, Cora.

Bless you dearly, Andy. You are truly a beautiful human being, as is obviously your Beloved wife Nancy.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Aretha Franklin; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Andy, rarely have I seen a man so appreciative of his wife and the concept of marriage. That was a very loving statement.

I'm very happy that you and Nancy are doing so well. You remind me so much about how Scooter would rave about his wife, Cora.

Bless you dearly, Andy. You are truly a beautiful human being, as is obviously your Beloved wife Nancy.

Thanks for your very kind comments they mean a lot coming from you. You put me in good company comparing me to Scooter. Anyone who knows Nancy will tell you that I got the better of the deal, she is one remarkable woman. I know how fortunate I have been.

Thanks again

Andy

Thread Information