Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

A Blockbuster That Makes Both NY Teams Better - Think About It

Clint Frazier
    Brandon Drury
    Luis Medina
    Domingo Acevedo
    Chance Adams

This is an outstanding jump-start package for any rebuilding team with a crappy farm system, including the Mets:

Two young, cost-controlled ML-ready position players, one who's semi-proven in Drury @ 2nd & 3rd, and a versatile OFer who could be a star in Frazier.

A potential top-of-the rotation starter that's about 3 years away in Medina, who's electric, raw stuff could be the best in a stable full of pitching prospects. Acevedo's ceiling may be as a #3 starter, or a Betances-like closer, and should be ready for 2019. Chance Adams could shore up the back of the rotation both this year & in 2019.

Who else can put together a better package? No one that I know of. Someone can probably offer a better top prospect, but the Mets need quantity as well as quality. Their fan base should easily see this is an excellent quality package in exchange for giving up Jacob deGrom.

The Yankees can afford to give up all this talent in order to get a true ace for 2.5 seasons. The three-headed monster of Severino-deGrom-Tanaka pushes Gray back to #4 and CC to #5. IMO he makes them a championship favorite. He is the missing piece.

Looking ahead to 2019 and beyond, the Yanks will still have a loaded outfield with backup depth (Florial, McKinney, Ellsbury) for the next few seasons, and can still be able to go out and get a veteran OFer if need be.

They'll still have a loaded infield with backup depth (Torreyes, Estrada, Wade & more) and can go out and get a 1st baseman if Bird never hits his ceiling.

They'll still have top pitching prospects in German, Loaisiga, Sheffield, Abreu, Perez, Tate, Sauer and Schmidt, as well as Jordan Montgomery coming back in 2019 to replace CC.

If I'm either GM, I say yes to this deal, thinking I got the better end of it. What a blockbuster deal.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Re: A Blockbuster That Makes Both NY Teams Better - Think About It

If I were the Yankees, I would do this, but the Mets won't.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    If I were the Yankees, I would do this, but the Mets won't.
    Why do you think the Mets would say no? Do you think they can do better?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    They donít care about that. If they make that trade and the Yankees win a World Series. They fear the media and the fans will kill them
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

The Mets would say no because its not that great of a package. The Pirates said no to Frazier and Adams. So you add Acevedo, Medina, and Drury and you think you can get a superior pitcher?
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    They donít care about that. If they make that trade and the Yankees win a World Series. They fear the media and the fans will kill them
    I'm thinking the Met FO realizes how barren their organization is, and dealing deGrom for quality & quantity is more important than whether it helps the Yankees win a WS. They can come out smelling like roses in 3 years with these five players.

I'm thinking the Met FO realizes how barren their organization is, and dealing deGrom for quality & quantity is more important than whether it helps the Yankees win a WS. They can come out smelling like roses in 3 years with these five players.

That package isn't even better than the package the Yankees got for Miller. I don't know how the Yankees could pull off a trade for Degrom without also giving up Sheffield and Florial.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

The Mets would say no because its not that great of a package. The Pirates said no to Frazier and Adams. So you add Acevedo, Medina, and Drury and you think you can get a superior pitcher?
    That's a lot of talent, and a couple of those guys have the potential to be stars, IMO.

NYYF Legend

That package isn't even better than the package the Yankees got for Miller. I don't know how the Yankees could pull off a trade for Degrom without also giving up Sheffield and Florial.
    So if the Yanks plug in Sheffield & Florial and pull Acevedo & Adams back, and you're the Mets - do you make this deal:

Frazier, Sheffield, Florial and Drury for deGrom?

If I'm the Yankees, I would make it.

So if the Yanks plug in Sheffield & Florial and pull Acevedo & Adams back, and you're the Mets - do you make this deal:

I think that is a much more realistic trade.

NYYF Legend

oops, I forgot about Luis Medina. Does he stay in the deal or can the Yanks keep him?

Doesn't Medina have a higher ceiling than Sheffield?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    This is so true.........
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

The Mets organization is not run using logic, so any proposals that incorporate logic are moot
    Youíre inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.í- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Clint Frazier
    Brandon Drury
    Luis Medina
    Domingo Acevedo
    Chance Adams

This is an outstanding jump-start package for any rebuilding team with a crappy farm system, including the Mets:

Two young, cost-controlled ML-ready position players, one who's semi-proven in Drury @ 2nd & 3rd, and a versatile OFer who could be a star in Frazier.

A potential top-of-the rotation starter that's about 3 years away in Medina, who's electric, raw stuff could be the best in a stable full of pitching prospects. Acevedo's ceiling may be as a #3 starter, or a Betances-like closer, and should be ready for 2019. Chance Adams could shore up the back of the rotation both this year & in 2019.

Who else can put together a better package? No one that I know of. Someone can probably offer a better top prospect, but the Mets need quantity as well as quality. Their fan base should easily see this is an excellent quality package in exchange for giving up Jacob deGrom.

The Yankees can afford to give up all this talent in order to get a true ace for 2.5 seasons. The three-headed monster of Severino-deGrom-Tanaka pushes Gray back to #4 and CC to #5. IMO he makes them a championship favorite. He is the missing piece.

Looking ahead to 2019 and beyond, the Yanks will still have a loaded outfield with backup depth (Florial, McKinney, Ellsbury) for the next few seasons, and can still be able to go out and get a veteran OFer if need be.

They'll still have a loaded infield with backup depth (Torreyes, Estrada, Wade & more) and can go out and get a 1st baseman if Bird never hits his ceiling.

They'll still have top pitching prospects in German, Loaisiga, Sheffield, Abreu, Perez, Tate, Sauer and Schmidt, as well as Jordan Montgomery coming back in 2019 to replace CC.

If I'm either GM, I say yes to this deal, thinking I got the better end of it. What a blockbuster deal.
    Other than clint, there’s nobody on that list who is a potential star in the making. Chance’s prospect shine is gone, domingo is a long term project, drury has known medical issues (headaches dont disappear - they’re just managed), medina is also too far out.

I dont see the mets making that deal. IMO for the mets to make a deal with us, they’d have to come out of the trade with a bona fide and two top prospects. I think something like andujar, clint, and justus might get it done. I dont know if i agree with that trade, but it is something that will make me think.
    https://gfycat.com/ComplexObedientArgusfish

Im just not into these 5 for 1 deals
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

The Mets and Yankees care about fan reaction too much to make a deal.

NYYF Cy Young

the only way deGrom comes here is if Andujar goes there.
    [

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

There is nothing to "think" about - the two NY teams are not making a trade.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Cy Young

And if I'm the Mets and I have one of the top pitchers in baseball, then I'm asking
    the Red Sox for either Benintendi or Devers plus. The Mets are in a position of strength, being
    that they know teams are looking for a #1 or #2.
    [

I like it.

I was thinking and posted in the past:

Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield, and Wade

You have give up quality to get quality.

Sign Machado in the off season if he will play third.

We then have a dynasty...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Degrom is 30 years old. He's got maybe 3-4 years left in his prime if the yanks, which they will, are asking him to throw 200+ innings a year (at least 50-70 of those will be high-stress innings in August and September) plus very stressful postseason innings.

The Yankees best players are all in their 20s, the majority are 25 and younger, so their window to win multiple championships isn't even close to being closed.

Degrom is the kind of SP you trade for if you're in the Cubs situation a couple years ago.

No GM (unless of Marlins) in baseball makes that deal. Nor should they.

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    the only way deGrom comes here is if Andujar goes there.
    Yea I think the Mets need Torres (no way) or Andujar to pull the trigger. They need that guaranteed guy in a package with others that can show the fans theyíre quickly rebuilding and that they made the Yankees give up one of their young studs (not just prospects)

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    I like it.

I was thinking and posted in the past:

Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield, and Wade

You have give up quality to get quality.

Sign Machado in the off season if he will play third.

We then have a dynasty...
    1) That's too much to give up IMO. Andujar's value is greatly underestimated, it seems.

2) We will be a dynasty if the 'Stros are just as good? Lineup stacked with Correa, Altuve, Bregman, Springer. Tucker and Alvarez on the way. Best rotation in baseball by a mile. Whitley waiting in the wings.

I donít agree with the notion that you need Andujar or Torres in the deal to make it happen. Thatís just too much for the Mets not to take. Iíd even throw Sheffield or Florial in there too.

Thread Information