+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: A Blockbuster That Makes Both NY Teams Better - Think About It

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I want to see this team in WS really bad. On a selfish note, I have no idea if I'll be on this earth next year.
    I get that mentality, which helps explain your proposal. But obviously the Yankees will be on this earth for many years to come so they donít have this luxury.

While Iíd be very excited over a pickup like DeGrom, I may be in the minority that I wouldnít back up the truck to this degree to get him. A true ace would certainly help this team win now, but Iím loving the extended window of WS contention this team should have with this extraordinary core of young talent plus the promising supply in the minors. They will need cost-controlled guys to continue to emerge to enable them the flexibility to retain their core that is going to get more expensive and still add high salary players at optimal times and in optimal spots.

I wouldnít overpay in young talent for DeGrom or Happ. If prices are reasonable, cash the chips in. Otherwise, see if a stealth opportunity exists or see if anyone emerges in the minors would be my preference.

Iím much more interested in having a team capable of a dynasty run than a repeat of what happened from 2009 to now.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I get that mentality, which helps explain your proposal. But obviously the Yankees will be on this earth for many years to come so they don’t have this luxury.

While I’d be very excited over a pickup like DeGrom, I may be in the minority that I wouldn’t back up the truck to this degree to get him. A true ace would certainly help this team win now, but I’m loving the extended window of WS contention this team should have with this extraordinary core of young talent plus the promising supply in the minors. They will need cost-controlled guys to continue to emerge to enable them the flexibility to retain their core that is going to get more expensive and still add high salary players at optimal times and in optimal spots.

I wouldn’t overpay in young talent for DeGrom or Happ. If prices are reasonable, cash the chips in. Otherwise, see if a stealth opportunity exists or see if anyone emerges in the minors would be my preference.

I’m much more interested in having a team capable of a dynasty run than a repeat of what happened from 2009 to now.
    You're not alone in your thinking, but we are in the minority. Furthermore, I think Cashman and his boss Steinbrenner are on that same page as us too.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Mets fans continue to be completely delusional about the return they should get from the Yankees.

I just heard 'we can get more than Frazier, Sheffield, Andujar'...

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    With not dealing degrom, in two years the Mets will end up trading the 32 year old for a song and a dance and during those two years give the Marlins a battle for last place.

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Well, that is quite a bit less than the "the bidding starts with Torres, Frazier, and their two best pitching prospects".

1) I'd like to see them try.
    2) Heard same thing about Matt Harvey, how'd that work out?
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

If the Mets don't trade DeGrom or Noah, I truly hope it blows up in their face in the worst way possible.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Cashman should write a sappy piece in the NYPost or Times, about how the Mets are our brothers, we share a city and home, and although you compete against them and root against them, in your heart of hearts you always want to see them do well and succeed.

Any trade proposal for DeGrom or Noah should include with it a full fledged marketing campaign to quell the Met's fanbase.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    If the Mets don't trade DeGrom or Noah, I truly hope it blows up in their face in the worst way possible.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    With not dealing degrom, in two years the Mets will end up trading the 32 year old for a song and a dance and during those two years give the Marlins a battle for last place.
    And Met fans will be okay with that, because NOT trading either of them to the Yankees, equates to a Win from their perspective.

If they had any sense, why would they be Met fans?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    And Met fans will be okay with that, because NOT trading either of them to the Yankees, equates to a Win from their perspective.

If they had any sense, why would they be Met fans?

This is hilarious, and what makes it so damn funny is that you are 100% spot on. The jealous mets fan is a sad kinda person.

Trade proposal on the FAN for deGrom: Drury, Sheffield, Frazier, Florial, Holder

Cashman should write a sappy piece in the NYPost or Times, about how the Mets are our brothers, we share a city and home, and although you compete against them and root against them, in your heart of hearts you always want to see them do well and succeed.

Any trade proposal for DeGrom or Noah should include with it a full fledged marketing campaign to quell the Met's fanbase.
    They should do that thing where they make and sell half-and-half jerseys so the Mets fans can enjoy rooting for their ex-Mets once they become Yankees.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Trade proposal on the FAN for deGrom: Drury, Sheffield, Frazier, Florial, Holder
    Yankee or Met fan?

Also, which Holder? Jonathan or Kyle?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Yankee or Met fan?

Also, which Holder? Jonathan or Kyle?
    A Yankee fan. Kyle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Francesa has no clue if that's a fair trade or not. He probably does not know who those kids from the Farm System are.

NYYF Triple Crown

Hehehe...I really, really like this idea. Simply genius.

NYYF Legend

My package is what the Mets would take. Not what I nor Cashman would do.

Mets are not trading deGrom to the hated Yankees for a package centered around Frazier, Drury and lesser prospects.
    I don't trust the Mets. I could see them (Wilpon) trading him to another team for a worst package.

No trade is happening unless the Yankees overpay. This is why a trade won't happen.
    There has to be some middle ground between Fraizer/Drury/filler and Andujar/Fraizer/Sheffield/Abreu

The first doesn't get it done and the 2nd is excessive (Snatch is spot on)

But something like one of Andjuar/Fraizer, one of Sheffield/Abreu + 2 lesser prospects might be a realm where both sides could find common ground.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    There has to be some middle ground between Fraizer/Drury/filler and Andujar/Fraizer/Sheffield/Abreu

The first doesn't get it done and the 2nd is excessive (Snatch is spot on)

But something like one of Andjuar/Fraizer, one of Sheffield/Abreu + 2 lesser prospects might be a realm where both sides could find common ground.
    Frazier, Sheffield, Drury, and Abreu is the kind of package that is a very clear overpay, but also doable on the Yankees side. It would give the Mets two ML-ready starting position players with control and All-Star upside, a ML ready starting pitcher with full control and TOR upside (I'm not saying ace), and a huge ceiling arm close to AA.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Frazier, Sheffield, Drury, and Abreu is the kind of package that is a very clear overpay, but also doable on the Yankees side. It would give the Mets two ML-ready starting position players with control and All-Star upside, a ML ready starting pitcher with full control and TOR upside (I'm not saying ace), and a huge ceiling arm close to AA.
    This is a good proposal. What if Luis Medina & Domingo Acevedo are substituted for Abreu?

Frazier, Sheffield, Drury, Medina and Acevedo

I think it's an even stronger package that's expendable (although it would hurt a bit) & the Yanks get to keep Abreu.

I would do either deal if the Mets would say yes.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

This is a good proposal. What if Luis Medina & Domingo Acevedo are substituted for Abreu?

I think it's an even stronger package that's expendable (although it would hurt a bit) & the Yanks get to keep Abreu.

Think Mets would accept that package for Syndergard.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    Think Mets would accept that package for Syndergard.
    To give up that much talent, I'd rather depend on deGrom. Syndergard's health issues seem to make him a much higher risk.

I'm guessing you think that package isn't enough to get deGrom? Or are you thinking the Mets would give up Syndergard before they give up deGrom?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

I think a “fair” deal for Blake Snell would be:

Frazier
    Florial
    Abreu
    Loaisiga
    Tate

If the Rays insist that Sheffield must be in the deal:

Frazier
    Sheffield
    Abreu
    Loaisiga
    Tate

I think it is a fair proposal but I also think it does not matter. The Mets are ultra sensitive to PR, and run their organization improperly because of it. The public blowback here is that if they deal with us they have to have Torres and/or Andujar. One listen on the radio to Mets fans calling in or message boards and you will realize that Torres and Andujar represent just a starting point fort Jason Vargas..

I exaggerate for dramatic effect here but you get my meaning. Their fans are not adverse to dealing with us but only if we get bent over a barrel. Now a well run organization does not make its moves because of this. But I think the Mets actually do...

So IMHO, if we are looking to get anyone from the Mets, we have to include one of those kids, or they will simply deal elsewhere even if for a lesser package..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    So IMHO, if we are looking to get anyone from the Mets, we have to include one of those kids, or they will simply deal elsewhere even if for a lesser package..
    Sadly you're probably correct. I just want to get to the WS.

Thread Information