+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Addicted Member

Re: 2018 Offense Performance Thread

The overall current team rankings are great.

But dont they just really show how hot we started?

In say the last month how have we stacked up against other teams.

Have we only scored more then 4 runs once in 2 weeks? Getting shut out by the Mets, getting shut out for 12 innings against Toronto, and getting 1 run off a tampa pitcher with a 9 era.

NYYF Legend

Only Yankee fans can complain about an offense scoring the most runs per game in MLB. SMH
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Only Yankee fans can complain about an offense scoring the most runs per game in MLB. SMH
    Averages can make things look great.

Score 10 one game and none the next..hell you're avg. 5 runs a game!! :-)

Also I dont think anyone is saying they were never good and cant br good again. But lately...not so good.

NYYF Cy Young

Don't have the numbers but I am more worried about the RISP. Seems like the hits are with nobody on base and we don't score with a leadoff double. two night ago we lost the game with Duffy getting that hit with CC and we seem to have more opportunities that game. We seen this last year and it's frustrating. Missed yesterday's game but happy to see Frazier in the lineup and hope he does well.

Addicted Member

After fire works in the first inning against Seattle yesterday. The offense managed 1 more run in the next 17 innings.

They are all or nothing.

No HR no score runs.

Quote Originally Posted by 24Rickey View Post
    After fire works in the first inning against Seattle yesterday. The offense managed 1 more run in the next 17 innings.

They are all or nothing.

No HR no score runs.
    It's a self explanatory offense. They will either hit home runs or lose.

NYYF Legend

It is just so aggravating when the first guy doubles and the left handed guy following him can not get him to third base. And it seems to happen every game.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    It is just so aggravating when the first guy doubles and the left handed guy following him can not get him to third base. And it seems to happen every game.

a lot of guys left on base last night. Very Frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks1026 View Post
    a lot of guys left on base last night. Very Frustrating to watch.
    probably the worst performance of the offense all year was last night.. to many a bullpen for 8 innings and score 1 run... smh

NYYF Legend

Second time this month Yankees lost a game where weaker opposition scored just 2 runs.

Second time this month Yankees lost a game where weaker opposition scored just 2 runs.
    I know batting avg means almost nothing to the new age stats people but, when the batting avgs are as low as they are ie Sanchez your obp is not gonna be good. There is almost a 50 point gap between judge the number 1 opb for the yanks at .399 and gardy at .351.

NYYF Legend

And the first time this month they did so when the opposition started their bullpen.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    And the first time this month they did so when the opposition started their bullpen.

Yes, it's one thing if the opposition is throwing a pitcher like Verlander at you. But really other than that circumstance we should win every game with this lineup if our pitchers only give up two runs.

They have not hit well with RISP for a month now. It's been a bit overlooked due to them still winning series.
    They've become way too dependent on hitting HRs. Really with only two real sluggers in the lineup. Even Torres swings for the fences a lot...
    Some times you need simple baseball. Just move the runner over when you have a lead off double. It's scary that they don't this. Playoffs could be a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They have not hit well with RISP for a month now. It's been a bit overlooked due to them still winning series.
    They've become way too dependent on hitting HRs. Really with only two real sluggers in the lineup. Even Torres swings for the fences a lot...
    Some times you need simple baseball. Just move the runner over when you have a lead off double. It's scary that they don't this. Playoffs could be a huge issue.
    So we are just going to assume that the last few weeks is what they really are, and not the 2 months prior to that?

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

3H and 1BB with 4K in 6IP.... against a pitcher with a career 1.81 WHIP and 8.26 ERA (to be fair, he's crushing it this season with 1.51 WHIP and 6.46 ERA).

Baseball is a frustrating sport to watch.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    3H and 1BB with 4K in 6IP.... against a pitcher with a career 1.81 WHIP and 8.26 ERA (to be fair, he's crushing it this season with 1.51 WHIP and 6.46 ERA).

Baseball is a frustrating sport to watch.
    a team that depends entirely on the home run ball as this yankee team does.. is not beating houston in the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    a team that depends entirely on the home run ball as this yankee team does.. is not beating houston in the playoffs..
    I disagree with the home run thing- they just hit a lot and you're more likely to win when you hit a home run than when you don't.

But your players, for the past decade, all become dead pull hitters and stop spraying the ball around. I find it hard to believe it's a coincidence this happens over and over again. It started (as far as I remember) with Giambi and Teix. It still happens.

I don't understand how a major league player can't hit away from the shift at least half the time when a shift is on. Ground ball, fly ball, whatever. Hell, just dumb luck stats gets you there half the time (left side or right side).

NYYF Legend

I don't believe the no HRs = failure thing. They're not hitting HRs but they're also not getting any luck from the BABIP gods.

More than anything it feels like the baseball equivalency of the McClintock effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    So we are just going to assume that the last few weeks is what they really are, and not the 2 months prior to that?
    I'm not ignoring anything. I meant what I said.They have not collectively hit well since the Texas series. That's a month now. To their credit, they've gotten a lot of clutch hits along the way to win a lot of games that resulted in series wins. But as far as stringing together hits, they've been MIA for a minute.

When they're not hitting HR, they're not hitting at all. Occasionally, we get lucky that HR saves the game in an otherwise poor offensive performance. It's no surprise we don't hit homeruns when we don't hit singles either.

I didn't look it up, but it seems like we're walking a whole lot less, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I'm not ignoring anything. I meant what I said.They have not collectively hit well since the Texas series. That's a month now. To their credit, they've gotten a lot of clutch hits along the way to win a lot of games that resulted in series wins. But as far as stringing together hits, they've been MIA for a minute.
    I agree with all of this. But you stated the playoffs could be a huge issue like you are assuming this is how the team will be hitting in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    I agree with all of this. But you stated the playoffs could be a huge issue like you are assuming this is how the team will be hitting in the playoffs.
    Well to this date I have to assume. Only stretch we've seen them not rely on the HR and actually advance runners ect... was the 18-1 run.

Addicted Member

So that's 25 innings with 1 run scored off bad pitching.

NYYF Legend

Thread Information