+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Re: 2018 Jonathan Loaisiga Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    The original post I responded to suggested skipping the 5th spot which would take an extra day of rest away from our top 4 which doesn’t make sense at this point, keep those guys as well rested as possible.

Loaisiga should continue to come out of the bullpen, he’s got a chance to carve out a real role there the rest of the way. Let Gray start and have a super quick hook. See if Lynn is more effective in relief
    The "new" Sonny Gray should be accorded another start, but there should be a reliever in the bullpen warming up at the start of the game to remind Sonny of his past.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    The "new" Sonny Gray should be accorded another start, but there should be a reliever in the bullpen warming up at the start of the game to remind Sonny of his past.
    This comment is a horrible idea - basically, you are saying to Gray that you know he is not going to succeed.

I agree that there should be a quick hook ready, but having someone warming from the first pitch is what Tampa Bay is doing with their Opener concept. Gray needs to be given the rope to hang himself - but he might surprise.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Loaisiga is bombing his audition tonight to be among the 24-man squad for the October 3 Wild Card game by walking three Twins and giving up run scoring hits.

With the Rays and the M's so far behind the Yankees for the second Wild Card berth, I fear that Boone (under orders from Cashman) is experimenting (treating the remaining games as it was Spring Training) by tinkering with the lineup by having no set lineup, bringing in pitchers who are proving to be ineffective, and over resting starters.

Does it appear to you that Boone is not overly concerned about earning the first Wild Card berth?

Baked Lasagna is cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Baked Lasagna is cooked.
    Six earned runs given up ... Down 10-1 with laughter being heard from Boston, Baltimore and Detroit. Vaunted Yankees' pitching staff.

Six earned runs given up ... Down 10-1 with laughter being heard from Boston, Baltimore and Detroit. Vaunted Yankees' pitching staff.
    Not feeling good about the postseason at all. "Second best record" means nothing to those of us who are actually paying attention.

NYYF Legend

Loaisiga is bombing his audition tonight to be among the 24-man squad for the October 3 Wild Card game by walking three Twins and giving up run scoring hits.
    Maybe they'll let him hang around as a 25th man.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Maybe they'll let him hang around as a 25th man.
    Is he a speedster on the bases? A PR!

With the Rays and the M's so far behind the Yankees for the second Wild Card berth, I fear that Boone (under orders from Cashman) is experimenting (treating the remaining games as it was Spring Training) by tinkering with the lineup by having no set lineup, bringing in pitchers who are proving to be ineffective, and over resting starters.

Does it appear to you that Boone is not overly concerned about earning the first Wild Card berth?

Heck, it's been clear to me (and I've been emotionally invested in the team accordingly) that they've been coasting to the Wild Card game for over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
    Heck, it's been clear to me (and I've been emotionally invested in the team accordingly) that they've been coasting to the Wild Card game for over a month now.
    Should they lose the first Wild Card berth to either the A's or the Astros and lose the Wild Card game itself, heads have to roll. Cashman isn't going anywhere and his protege Boone is guaranteed one more season at the helm. To appease the irate fan base, the blood letting will be the firing of Bard, Rothschild and Thames.

As for auditioning for a 12-man playoffs pitching staff, let's cease with the pretensions. For the final seven road games in Tampa and Boston, don't spend airfare, hotels and meals on Loaisiga, Gray, Kahnle, Cessa and Cole.

Thread Information