+ Reply to Thread

2018 Ticket Exchange Policy

Has anyone here done ticket exchanges this year? What are the rules now? Going to tomorrow’s game and looking to swap out a few games.

Devoted Member

Re: 2018 Ticket Exchange Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Has anyone here done ticket exchanges this year? What are the rules now? Going to tomorrow’s game and looking to swap out a few games.
    Depending on seniority you can exchange 7 days (10+ years of seniority) or 14 days before Ticket date

Must be in same month (though reps can make exception)

Each game has a tier associated with it. You can trade up in tiers but not down. If you trade up you will have to pay difference in prices

Here is a link with all of rules - https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/...icket-exchange
    Last edited by YankeeJimBeam; 06-12-18 at 06:49 AM.

To use the same day seat upgrade vouchers (regular or premier):

Do you have to use your ST seats corresponding to the vouchers or can they be any seats for that game?

I know the rules say ST seats corresponding to vouchers but are they strict on enforcing if I show my ST license card that match the number on voucher?

Thanks

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    To use the same day seat upgrade vouchers (regular or premier):

Do you have to use your ST seats corresponding to the vouchers or can they be any seats for that game?

I know the rules say ST seats corresponding to vouchers but are they strict on enforcing if I show my ST license card that match the number on voucher?

Thanks
    The seats must have your account number of them to upgrade and the account number must match the account number on the voucher. I have heard from others that is the account holder that must do the upgrades - for example you share a plan with a buddy but the account is in his name they may not allow to do the upgrade. It usually depends on the individual at the window. the upgrade must be done inside he stadium at any of the ticket sales windows inside the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    The seats must have your account number of them to upgrade and the account number must match the account number on the voucher. I have heard from others that is the account holder that must do the upgrades - for example you share a plan with a buddy but the account is in his name they may not allow to do the upgrade. It usually depends on the individual at the window. the upgrade must be done inside he stadium at any of the ticket sales windows inside the stadium
    Thanks. the rules are pretty strict and sounds like no exceptions.

What if you show them the hard tix that matches but they were sold on SH. I guess the risk is if the original seats are given or sold to someone else then you may end up with a double sale on SH.

Devoted Member

Thanks. the rules are pretty strict and sounds like no exceptions.

What if you show them the hard tix that matches but they were sold on SH. I guess the risk is if the original seats are given or sold to someone else then you may end up with a double sale on SH.

If you sold the tickets on SH, i would wait until the 2nd or 3rd inning. You can check on your Yankees account to see if the tickets scanned. If they did, your buyer is inside the stadium and you can try upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    If you sold the tickets on SH, i would wait until the 2nd or 3rd inning. You can check on your Yankees account to see if the tickets scanned. If they did, your buyer is inside the stadium and you can try upgrading.
    Thanks I think I understand what you are saying. waiting until 2nd or 3rd inning removes the likelihood of yankees re-using those seats.

Thanks I think I understand what you are saying. waiting until 2nd or 3rd inning removes the likelihood of yankees re-using those seats.
    I think the ticket office will know if they were sold on stubhub.. They pull up your account and
    a stubhub sale will show up.

You can’t exchange tickets that are listed for sale on StubHub let alone that sold on StubHub.

Thread Information