for
    Zack Greinke
    and
    Tigers pitching prospect
    Matt Manning

NYYF Legend

Re: RoYanks & WoGuys exchange players

I objected to this one.

10-1 team getting Greinke for a Colorado Pitcher ??

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    I objected to this one.

10-1 team getting Greinke for a Colorado Pitcher ??
    You have to look at Freeland's point per week, he is legit.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BrianNYYanks View Post
    You have to look at Freeland's point per week, he is legit.

he is a waiver wire addition who is pitching okay right now; the fact that he is a Colorado pitcher kills his keeper value for me. Plus the whole competitive balance aspect; you are 10-1 and are about to get Greinke for spare parts.

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    he is a waiver wire addition who is pitching okay right now; the fact that he is a Colorado pitcher kills his keeper value for me. Plus the whole competitive balance aspect; you are 10-1 and are about to get Greinke for spare parts.

While I don't object to your assessment of Freeland, I am of the opinion that Mr. Wood's record should have nothing to do with the argument. Either the trade is fair, or it's not. The records of the teams involved should have no bearing on the assessment of whether the swap is fair.

I HATE the fact that if your team is playing well, you have less of a chance of getting a borderline trade through than if you were .500. That's complete BS, IMO.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PinstripePride View Post
    While I don't object to your assessment of Freeland, I am of the opinion that Mr. Wood's record should have nothing to do with the argument. Either the trade is fair, or it's not. The records of the teams involved should have no bearing on the assessment of whether the swap is fair.

I HATE the fact that if your team is playing well, you have less of a chance of getting a borderline trade through than if you were .500. That's complete BS, IMO.

I actually agree with that; this same ................ happened to make back in 2010 and 2011

NYYF HOF

I personally object as I thought the deal I offered was better, but Freeland on 3 keeps even as an FA pickup is decent. I hit the approve button.

If I knew the price was that low I would have offered something...

Might object to this one. Freeland has a 4.01 FIP and 1.2 WHIP who hasn't proven much at the ML level. At least not enough to be worth Greinke...

I approved this deal based on it being a one for one major league swap and one for one minor league swap. And the points are there to justify it. There’s no small sample size anymore, we’re in June. It was tough though because I know what Grienke can do and probably will do. But right now the deal is technically fair and it’s nothing crazy like 3 starting player upgrades for keepers and spare parts. Too early for that I think. And yes, I agree the team records involved should be a non factor. I look at this in a vacuum when it comes to that. Is the trade fair or not. It making a great team better is not a fair aspect to consider. Everyone deserves to keep improving their team.

Thread Information