View Poll Results: Which Hypothetical 3B Trade Would You Make?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Drury for a #3 starter, stick with Andujar for hopefully the next decade+

23 53.49%
  • Trade Andujar for a #1, give Drury 3B, and hope he produces like they believe he's capable

20 46.51%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Trading a 3B Hypothetical

With the exception of Bumgarner, who I do not think will be traded by the Giants to any team, I am not sure there is any Ace SP out there to trade for this July. Have we developed a short list?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    You really want to give him a 5 year deal? He'll be 31 next season. He pitched less than 35 innings in 2017 and 2016.
    Didn't say I would give him a 5 year deal. Just mentioned an ace-like pitcher who could be available if the Angels drop out in the next month or so (which is a possibility if Otani needs TJ, as they would lose their best pitcher and starting DH).

Left-Handed Catcher

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    If there was a good pitcher hitting the market, I'd agree with you. But who is?
    IT seems like there are two ways to get an ace on your roster: Develop or trade prospects.

Plus, wrong side of 30 aces tend to have very high mileage and are big risks- bigger than an out fielder or something.
    I would venture to say one of Dallas Keuchel, Charlie Morton, Patrick Corbin or Tyson Ross. Keuchel hasnít been his usual lights out self and Corbin/Ross come with the caveat of pitching on the NL West. And who knows what Morton is outside of Houston.

I agree with aeromac. The process put in place by Cashman has bore plenty of fruit in a short period of time. Why deviate now?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    With the exception of Bumgarner, who I do not think will be traded by the Giants to any team, I am not sure there is any Ace SP out there to trade for this July. Have we developed a short list?
    True aces:
    Bumgarner
    deGrom
    Thor

Young potential aces:
    Snell
    Berios

Buy low candidates:
    Fulmer
    Archer

Rentals:
    Happ
    Hamels
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    True aces:
    Bumgarner
    deGrom
    Thor

Young potential aces:
    Snell
    Berios

Buy low candidates:
    Fulmer
    Archer

Rentals:
    Happ
    Hamels
    Ross
    Doubt Detroit is going to ask for anything less than a Kingís Ranson for Fulmer despite his struggles. I personally wouldnít trade for him as Iím not sold on him at all but heís arguably Detroitís most valuable trade chip so Iím sure they value him much higher than most potential trade partners would.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

I read a long time ago on his forum that when your corner IFers are not hitting for power and driving in runs you have the wrong corner infielders. Iíve adopted that logic.

Keep Andujar unless something crazy comes up where we canít say no.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Doubt Detroit is going to ask for anything less than a Kingís Ranson for Fulmer despite his struggles. I personally wouldnít trade for him as Iím not sold on him at all but heís arguably Detroitís most valuable trade chip so Iím sure they value him much higher than most potential trade partners would.
    Fulmer is a REALLY interesting piece to me in this hypothetical. I'm not debating whether or not he's actually worth it or if I do the deal, but instead the value proposition in the question of moving Andujar for him.

Historically he hasn't been as productive as a true ace like deGrom or Bumgarner, however he has been, lets say, "very good". Unlike those two, he has 4+ years of control left and just turned 25 years old. If the Yankees have proprietary analytics on his pitching profile that they really like suggesting even more room for development, I wonder if Fulmer's start to the season, along with his team's, intrigues Cashman to the point that he becomes a consideration in this 3B/SP situation the Yankees find themselves in?

The problem is that the Tigers have Jeimer Candelario doing his best Andujar impersonation at 3B already, and they have Miggy at the other corner until 2062.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    True aces:
    Bumgarner
    deGrom
    Thor

Young potential aces:
    Snell
    Berios

Buy low candidates:
    Fulmer
    Archer

Rentals:
    Happ
    Hamels
    Ross
    I'll take Thor for Ellsbury and two AA starters - get it done Cashman

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    I'm talking about before they had all broke out.

No, it wouldn't have. Sale wouldn't have cost three top 50 prospects, very few players bring back that kind of haul.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Fulmer is a REALLY interesting piece to me in this hypothetical. I'm not debating whether or not he's actually worth it or if I do the deal, but instead the value proposition in the question of moving Andujar for him.

Historically he hasn't been as productive as a true ace like deGrom or Bumgarner, however he has been, lets say, "very good". Unlike those two, he has 4+ years of control left and just turned 25 years old. If the Yankees have proprietary analytics on his pitching profile that they really like suggesting even more room for development, I wonder if Fulmer's start to the season, along with his team's, intrigues Cashman to the point that he becomes a consideration in this 3B/SP situation the Yankees find themselves in?

The problem is that the Tigers have Jeimer Candelario doing his best Andujar impersonation at 3B already, and they have Miggy at the other corner until 2062.
    I'd do a trade around Clint or Florial or Sheffield pretty easily. We'd be buying low, although not sure why the Tigers would sell low. No need.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

To me both Andujar and Torres show a great deal of ability to continue to improve and to adapt to conditions as they change. Both have a significant upside potential. I wouldn't trade either for a stud pitcher even up, even one like DeGrom.

We do need and want a stud pitcher and we have plenty of talent in our system that we can use. Otherwise there are many of our prospects that can develop as has Severino. I have every confidence that Grey can develop just like Severino did. I also like what I see of German.
    In short we shouldn't overpay for a pitcher.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    To me both Andujar and Torres show a great deal of ability to continue to improve and to adapt to conditions as they change. Both have a significant upside potential. I wouldn't trade either for a stud pitcher even up, even one like DeGrom.

We do need and want a stud pitcher and we have plenty of talent in our system that we can use. Otherwise there are many of our prospects that can develop as has Severino. I have every confidence that Grey can develop just like Severino did. I also like what I see of German.
    In short we shouldn't overpay for a pitcher.

Andy
    I agree. Long term greedy.
    I think this is going to be the most competitive year to win the WS for us out of the next 3-4. And we're the youngest of all competitive teams.
    We will acquire or develop another ace by next October. If it's some reasonable offer, sure, get an ace. Don't trade Torres or Andujar. A lineup of those two plus Judge is going to be great- and you have to expect that some, if not all of, Sanchez, Bird and Stanton will come back to form.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

It takes value to get value.

Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield to the Mets for Degrom.

Bring up Drury and see if Manny Machado is willing to play 3rd for the Yankees in the future.

With Degrom we are on our way to a dynasty.

PS. We are still under the cap...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post

Bring up Drury and see if Manny Machado is willing to play 3rd for the Yankees in the future.

Agreed.........
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post

Not with only 2 years left on his contract after this one. Not to mention his arm could break.
    Youíre inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.í- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Richards of the Angels.

His big bug-a-boo is injuries. But when he's healthy, he's close to an ace.
    one more to scratch off the list.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
    ZiPS, Steamer and FanGraphs Depth Charts project Kyle Seager with rest-of-season wRC+/WAR of 112/2.2, 107/1.7 and 109/1.9 in 92, 88 and 91 games, respectively.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...85&position=3B

ZiPS, Steamer and FanGraphs Depth Charts project Miguel Andujar with rest-of-season wRC+/WAR of 102/0.9, 102/0.8 and 102/1.0 in 85, 81 and 86 games, respectively.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...78&position=3B

I initially suspected a typo when I read that Andujar has a negative 8 Defensive Runs Saved and a UZR/150 of a negative 31.2 in 428 innings at third base this year:

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...eldingadvanced

Seager has posted 13.6 fWAR, valued at $108 million, less than halfway through his seven-year, $100 million contract. The typical diminishing returns loom on the long-term contract .. just not at the Jacoby Ellsbury level.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Again...you keep breaking out these terrible projections as if it means anything. They were wrong by a whole lot already, and they will continue to be so. How much would you like to bet Andujar has a higher wRC+ than Seager by season's end? Let's say $200?
    How's this looking?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

LMAO!! I was thinking about that very post last night! Miggy keeps banging through all of these ridiculous predictions expecting him to fall off
    Miguel Andujar OPS+ 125 wRC+ 128
    Kyle Seager OPS+ 89 wRC+86

CP make sure tranquility has your information so he can send you that $200.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    How's this looking?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Thread Information