+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Let's Go Islanders! 2018-2019!

Cup has been won. Time to think about next season. Probably the most exciting Islanders off season in decades starts now.

NYYF Legend

Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2018-2019!

Lou talking to Trotz. Off season getting better every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Lou talking to Trotz. Off season getting better every day.
    Many sources (Friedman, LeBrun+) saying itís close to done.

And now itís official- Trotz is hired

NYYF Legend

So we traded Snow and Weight for Lou and Trotz! Best off season in decades! Now re sign JT.

NYYF Legend

Lamoriello can be death on coaches, I wonder how this "marriage" will work out.

NYYF Legend

Now 20 games at the Coliseum. No games at Barclays after February 28th.

NYYF Legend

WOW. What a month! New GM and head coach. 4 picks in the top 50 tonight. If and when JT resigns someone will need to pinch me.

I am leaving the country for 2 weeks today so this thread will be very helpful in keeping me informed.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Sounds like best case scenario for our 2 picks

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Sounds like best case scenario for our 2 picks
    Dobson was projected as maybe the 6th pick. Dropped into our lap at 12.

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Looks like Tavares is a goner. Has agreed to speak with 5 teams including his hometown Maple Leafs during the next week. If everything the Isles have done during the past month isnít enough to convince him to stay, nothing will.

Either way, the Isles future is bright with Lou and Trotz running the show.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

I really thought JT was going to walk based on Snow and Weight running things. But if he walks now with Isles having the most competent people running things in 25 years you have to wonder why. All during the season he constantly acted like he wanted to stay.

I really thought JT was going to walk based on Snow and Weight running things. But if he walks now with Isles having the most competent people running things in 25 years you have to wonder why. All during the season he constantly acted like he wanted to stay.
    I think heís always wanted to play for his hometown Maple Leafs and believe that was his plan all along. I also believe that everything Lamoriello has done in such a short time may have started to sway him but ultimately, he wants to see what else is out there.

I donít believe heís coming back to the Islanders, but I also believe the Islanders will be fine without him. I have complete faith in Lou Lamoriello.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    I think he’s always wanted to play for his hometown Maple Leafs and believe that was his plan all along. I also believe that everything Lamoriello has done in such a short time may have started to sway him but ultimately, he wants to see what else is out there.

I don’t believe he’s coming back to the Islanders, but I also believe the Islanders will be fine without him. I have complete faith in Lou Lamoriello.
    JT was skating a little slower last season. In about four years we might look back and be happy he left. I have complete faith in Lou too. The team is finally headed in the right direction. Looks like we came out great on draft day too.

JT was skating a little slower last season. In about four years we might look back and be happy he left. I have complete faith in Lou too. The team is finally headed in the right direction. Looks like we came out great on draft day too.
    That would be the final stamp on Snowís failures. Not moving him at the deadline only to see him walk after the season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    That would be the final stamp on Snowís failures. Not moving him at the deadline only to see him walk after the season.
    I can not reveal my source but Snow wanted to deal him at the deadline but was told by the owners no. So not Snow's fault.

TSN beat writers out of Toronto reporting Tavares is leaning strongly towards signing with the damned Maple Leafs.

Sadly, I predicted this over a year ago. Hiring Lou and Trotz were excellent moves - apparently too little too late for Tavares though.

Just another kick in the balls for us long-suffering Islander fans.

NYYF Legend

Suppositly Tavares flying back to LI today and will announce his plans tomorrow.

NYYF Legend

Looks like Tavares moving on. I figure either to San Jose or Toronto. A loss, yes. But I trust Lou to still give us a contending team this season. Would rather have no JT and Lou and Trotz running things over JT staying but keeping Snow and Weight in charge.

Looks like Tavares moving on. I figure either to San Jose or Toronto. A loss, yes. But I trust Lou to still give us a contending team this season. Would rather have no JT and Lou and Trotz running things over JT staying but keeping Snow and Weight in charge.
    What are you hearing?

If JT were staying, we would have known by this morning since the window for an 8-year deal closes tonight and they would still need to finalize details.

The reason we’re hearing radio silence is because Tavares cannot sign elsewhere until July 1.

I expect he’ll announce he’s signing with the Leafs or Sharks tomorrow but all signs point to the Leafs.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    If JT were staying, we would have known by this morning since the window for an 8-year deal closes tonight and they would still need to finalize details.

The reason we’re hearing radio silence is because Tavares cannot sign elsewhere until July 1.

I expect he’ll announce he’s signing with the Leafs or Sharks tomorrow but all signs point to the Leafs.
    Totally agree with what you are saying. Time to move on. I trust Lou to make us a contender next season even without JT. Would be funny if Isles face the Leafs in the playoffs next season and beat them.

Totally agree with what you are saying. Time to move on. I trust Lou to make us a contender next season even without JT. Would be funny if Isles face the Leafs in the playoffs next season and beat them.
    This is where I'm at as well. Fact is, we had Tavares for 9 years and never won a thing.

As you correctly alluded to, I'd much rather lose JT but have Lou and Trots steering the ship rather than keep JT and still have Snow driving this franchise into the ground.

We just came off an excellent draft and the farm system is flush with talent. Without Tavares, the Isles will have a tremendous amount of payroll flexibility to do pretty much anything they want. I have faith that Lou has a few tricks up his sleeve. The Islanders will be fine.

NYYF Legend

Would not be surprised that tomorrow when Tavares announces his new team Lou will be announcing a few Isles FA signings. Maybe even a big trade.

NYYF Legend

If Tavares walks its the best thing for the Isles long term. Short term, it will hurt them.

Lou is going to have some of you wishing Snow never left though.

Thread Information