+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    They have some flexibility, I remember one team refused interviews with any coaches and had an off=day starter do the interview. Of course, they could have changed the contrast since then.
    The contrast is fine, but I keep having to adjust the horizontal hold.

Re: The Yankees vs ESPN, and the Scheduling "Conspiracy"

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    Red Sox writer/podcaster for Barstool Sports
    Yeah, I decided to google it and waste my time.

Typical Boston clown. No respect for anything but Boston. Hates his own life.

When the Yankees win, I smile first because I love seeing the Yankees win, and I smile second because I love hearing the haters like this cry.

And Alex Cora is doing a great job at being an asshat manager already. Maybe they can dig more into his fiasco in Houston... Chump.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The contrast is fine, but I keep having to adjust the horizontal hold.
    Gee, and I can't blame that on my phone since I post on a real computer.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Alex Cora thinks it sets a bad precedent to not make the Yankees play 10 hours of baseball and cross an international border in a 26 hour span.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Alex Cora thinks it sets a bad precedent to not make the Yankees play 10 hours of baseball and cross an international border in a 26 hour span.
    Eh. Alex Cora is just a guy willing to say what he thinks the locals want to hear. There's ZERO chance the Red Sox players feel the same way. He's a whore.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Ya know the Patriots day game always irked me.. Wonder what history is there.. Teams have to travel into Boston to play an 11am start, and I bet most of the time the Sox are home Sunday just waiting..

Unless it is a wrap around series, which I think it was this year.. Wonder what the history is, and just don't have time to look..
    Patriots Day is a state holiday in Massachusetts - the reason for the 11A start is so the crowd can then get to the finish of the Boston Marathon.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962;8507162

People who believe in conspiracy theories might wonder about such things.
    'Conspiracy theory' is an Orwellian term essentially used by the intelligence communities to shame people out of discussing things high-ranking officials and the Intel communities would rather not have discussed, or, God forbid, revealed by and to the general public, aka the rubes. So I'm naturally suspicious whenever that term is trotted out.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes a conspiracy theory is just a conspiracy theory, but often times its getting dangerously close to a hidden truth some people would much rather keep a secret, so its basically used as an Orwellian shaming tactic.

BTW its very effective too, thats why its been used for as long as I have been alive and a lot longer, to the point where its essentially a part of the American lexicon. Why stop using something that works?

Oh and for the record, I do believe ESPN, located in Bristol CT., does have a Red Sox/Patriots bias. I think its obvious.

JMO
    Last edited by Battingly; 06-08-18 at 08:23 AM.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Patriots Day is a state holiday in Massachusetts - the reason for the 11A start is so the crowd can then get to the finish of the Boston Marathon.
    Oh I know, I am a Boston University Alum and used to live in Kenmore Square right across from Fenway.
    Was actually a fun day there, big holiday and if weather was nice, everyone was out and about, like a festival. I always enjoyed it and even went to a Patriot's day game once..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Oh I know, I am a Boston University Alum and used to live in Kenmore Square right across from Fenway.
    Was actually a fun day there, big holiday and if weather was nice, everyone was out and about, like a festival. I always enjoyed it and even went to a Patriot's day game once..
    It appears that the Patriots Day games go back to 1903

Revisiting the Red Sox's Patriots' Day tradition

It appears that the Patriots Day games go back to 1903

Revisiting the Red Sox's Patriots' Day tradition

That was a fun little read, thank you!
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

That was a fun little read, thank you!
    Tu es bienvenue

Tu es bienvenue
    I think you mean "de ríen." "Bienvenue " means "welcome" in the sense of "Welcome to New York," but not "you’re welcome."

It’s the thought that counts, though.

NYYF Legend

I think you mean "de ríen." "Bienvenue " means "welcome" in the sense of "Welcome to New York," but not "you’re welcome."

You are probably right - it took me five years (we started French I in 7th grade) to get my required two years of a foreign language in high school.

EDIT - I knew I learned it that way growing up. I grew up in northern Vermont and my maternal grandmother was from Trois Rivieres, Quebec.

https://frenchtogether.com/you-are-w...8217re_welcome

In France, “bienvenue” means “welcome” as in “welcome to France” or “welcome to Paris”.

However, in Québécois French, “bienvenue” is also used to say “you’re welcome”. It’s then used the same way as “de rien”.

You are probably right - it took me five years (we started French I in 7th grade) to get my required two years of a foreign language in high school.

EDIT - I knew I learned it that way growing up. I grew up in northern Vermont and my maternal grandmother was from Trois Rivieres, Quebec.

https://frenchtogether.com/you-are-w...8217re_welcome
    I take it back. Who am I to correct your quebeçoise grandmother?

NYYF Legend

I take it back. Who am I to correct your quebeçoise grandmother?
    I honestly laughed out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    ESPN is not scared because the old boss is still not around. Here is what would have happened if the Boss was around.

Instead of Boone the BOSS would have flipped his cool. The boss would have ranted about how this is against his team and then after ranting he would have said fine but we won't be there. George really would have flipped and said that. It is not like he has not said that before he would have put the ball in there court instead of pleading with them he would have told ESPN and MLB if it is not changed we are not going to be there.

What would ESPN DO? as is ESPN controls what is said during the game but what if no game? You know George would not care and i bet you 1000$ by the next day the game would be changed.

But this is the new boss not the old boss so it will get moved i would guess but it will get spun as them doing us a favor when the Boss would have made them look silly in the papers.
    Couldn't agree more just as I couldn't agree more with aeromac76's points. I, too, have been dismayed by The Yankees' brass lack of forcefulness (or bluster) on this matter. You have to protect your team, your players - and your team's integrity.

If those silly asides that interrupt the game every two minutes don't happen - well, that will just be a side-benefit.

My wife's family is from Montreal and we visit frequently. Walk into any restaurant, department store, or local "dépanneur" to buy a 6-pack, and you'll always hear "bienvenue" as a reply to "merci", so it is also used in the context of "you're welcome".

"De rien" is also used, but it's considered more of a slang expression - literally means "it's nothing".
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    My wife's family is from Montreal and we visit frequently. Walk into any restaurant, department store, or local "dépanneur" to buy a 6-pack, and you'll always hear "bienvenue" as a reply to "merci", so it is also used in the context of "you're welcome".

"De rien" is also used, but it's considered more of a slang expression - literally means "it's nothing".
    Same with De nada in Spanish.

Funny though in German 'bitte' means both please and your welcome
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Do we know when the next Yankee game is really going to be on espn?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeTradition View Post
    Do we know when the next Yankee game is really going to be on espn?
    On Sunday night it's July 1st against the Red Sox and again on July 22nd against the Mets.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Thread Information