+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

Trade him at the draft.

NYYF Legend

Kreider typical millenial snowflake. Big fast guy with all the physical talent in the world but he's a mental midget

Agreed on dealing Kreider. I would really try to use him in a deal to get Trouba or another top pair defensemen.

He is a solid player but I want no part of him giving him a long term contract after next season. We're talking about a guy who has never topped 53 points in a season.

Nice deal for Fox.

Still think they need a number one RHD. Trouba?

Is Trouba really worth $7-8M a year? He's good but I honestly dont think he's a top pair guy. Either way, very nice deal for Fox. He's a definite 1st round talent and is far and away better then anyone we could have drafted at 37.

We now have 4 guys in ESPN's Top 50 prospect rankings. Kravtsov, Miller, Shestyorkin and Fox. Soon to be 5 with Kakko/Hughes. Maybe 6 depending on who we get with the Winnipeg pick. I'll be interested to see Pronman and Peters's system rankings this summer. I imagine we are definitely top 5. Possibly top 3.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Is Trouba really worth $7-8M a year? He's good but I honestly dont think he's a top pair guy. Either way, very nice deal for Fox. He's a definite 1st round talent and is far and away better then anyone we could have drafted at 37.
    I don't know enough about him, but we're already paying Shattenkirk $6.6M, Skeji $5.2M, Staal $5.7M, and $3.6M in dead Girardi money. To add another $7 in Trouba seems like a lot tied up in defense. Of course Karlsson would cost about that too.

Fox is ready to be a Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I don't know enough about him, but we're already paying Shattenkirk $6.6M, Skeji $5.2M, Staal $5.7M, and $3.6M in dead Girardi money. To add another $7 in Trouba seems like a lot tied up in defense. Of course Karlsson would cost about that too.

The only possibility to me would be using Kreider in a deal for Trouba. Then after next season when Trouba needs to be signed long term, you could possibly buyout Staal or Smith to clear up some cap space.

I would not buyout Shatty this summer. He really wasnt bad last year as per the metrics.

Is Kaapo Kakko fully human?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Is Kaapo Kakko fully human?
    He's NHL ready and can beat full grown men

Hughes isn't there yet but they say when he gets there his ceiling is higher

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    He's NHL ready and can beat full grown men

Hughes isn't there yet but they say when he gets there his ceiling is higher
    I feel like people say that due to position.

Other than his skating, and Kakko isn't even bad, what does Hughes do thats way better? I dunno, they appear to be on equal footing to me.

If they both were wingers Kakko would be going 1st.

NYYF Legend

Kakko had another amazing goal today.
    I've been following the Rangers more closely than I ever have before - great time to be a fan.

NYYF Legend

I feel like people say that due to position.

Other than his skating, and Kakko isn't even bad, what does Hughes do thats way better? I dunno, they appear to be on equal footing to me.

If they both were wingers Kakko would be going 1st.
    Hes a better puck rusher and his ability to make plays at top speed is unparalleled in this draft. The former of those two attributes is incredibly valuable, most teams will need 2-4 passes in order to get from their own end into the other one, Hughes can simply skate the puck from end to end on his own.

I think Kakko is clearly a better player at the moment though. His game has really taken off since the World Juniors.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    never understood why everyone loves this guy so much

NYYF Triple Crown

Rangers can't possibly screw up this draft pick, can they ?

The only question is will Kakko be like a Peter Forsberg or a Patrick Laine ?
    Either one would be a great addition to the team.

Hopefully Kakko goes first, so the best player in the draft is available at #2.
    [

Our second 1st round pick (#20) and Pionk going to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba. WOW. Tremendous deal. Got to give Gorton major props here. He basically turned 3 months of Kevin Hayes, an AHL level D-man into Trouba and Brendan Lemieux. A level stuff right here.

Gorton is slowly turning into Cashman.

NYYF Legend

Gorton is slowly turning into Cashman.
    Rangers give up:

- 1 month of Kevin Hayes
    - Neal Pionk
    - 2nd round pick
    - 3rd round pick

In exchange for:

- Jacob Trouba
    - Brendan Lemieux
    - Adam Fox

Fox for our second...Trouba for our second 1st...Kakko in a few days. Obviously the contending years were great but this has to be the most exciting period this club has had in years

Here's everything Gorton has done since February 2018 courtesy of reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rangers/com...ade_since_the/

But Iím super excited for a new hockey opportunity and a new place. Itís different, so thatís something youíre naturally excited about. I havenít thought too much into it, but I know a couple of guys there. You know about the city and playing at MSG on the road, for me, was one of my favourite spots to play. Just with the history and the crowd and the buzz, itís just a whole new world. Iím excited for new avenues of life and new experiences.Ē

As for his future, Trouba wasnít ready to discuss whether he was open to signing a long-term deal with the Rangers.

ďWe havenít really worried about it. Iím just trying to get through the night and enjoy it and everything thatís going on,Ē Trouba said. ďIím sure weíll deal with it in the morning and start those talks in the morning
    https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hocke...ing-defenceman

You just don't hear NBA players speak like this about NY/MSG/Knicks. It's not like the Rangers are racking up Cups. It's the same owner/building/facilities etc...

I think it's a far bigger deal for the NHL player to play in NY than it is for the NBA player. I don't know the reason.

NYYF Legend

Rangers give up:

- 1 month of Kevin Hayes
    - Neal Pionk
    - 2nd round pick
    - 3rd round pick

In exchange for:

- Jacob Trouba
    - Brendan Lemieux
    - Adam Fox
    Masterclass in asset management. Gorton has gotten more done in 15 months than a lot of teams get done in five years.

NYYF Legend

You just don't hear NBA players speak like this about NY/MSG/Knicks. It's not like the Rangers are racking up Cups. It's the same owner/building/facilities etc...

I think it's a far bigger deal for the NHL player to play in NY than it is for the NBA player. I don't know the reason.
    That's actually not true. NBA players regularly speak glowingly about the "Mecca of Basketball" and even LeBron has had conversations on the court with other players about how the only way a certain achievement could be any better is if it happened at the Garden. Big time players want to play here, but they want to win and don't want to be the only guy there to support everything. Dolan used to be a huge obstacle because he butted in everything like Jeff Wilpon of the Mets still does, but he's behind the scenes now. If Durant does sign that will be the start of big things to come in a couple years.

Draft picks love the Knicks - Zion wanted to play here, Barrett said he's not meeting any team except the Knicks

That's actually not true. NBA players regularly speak glowingly about the "Mecca of Basketball" and even LeBron has had conversations on the court with other players about how the only way a certain achievement could be any better is if it happened at the Garden. Big time players want to play here, but they want to win and don't want to be the only guy there to support everything. Dolan used to be a huge obstacle because he butted in everything like Jeff Wilpon of the Mets still does, but he's behind the scenes now. If Durant does sign that will be the start of big things to come in a couple years.

Draft picks love the Knicks - Zion wanted to play here, Barrett said he's not meeting any team except the Knicks
    The draft kids I know about but the franchise changing players never want to team up and come here.
    Durant is the only one, in what the last 20 years?(and of course he gets hurt just before free agency) that was willing to do it? And a lot of that has to do with his legacy. If not for that, is he even thinking about the Knicks? Kyrie was coming but changes his mind and is going to the Nets. I know he flaky but still.

Kawhi would be another test, who apparently had the Knicks on his trade list before the Spurs traded him.

Thread Information