+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 130
  1. #51
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I hate these late deadline trades. They couldn't get this deal a few months ago? At least they would have less points.
    Right?! The NBA started later and had their trade deadline earlier.

  2. #52
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LmfAo!

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I hate these late deadline trades. They couldn't get this deal a few months ago? At least they would have less points.
    The NHL deadline used to to be even later if you could believe it. I thought they did fine on the returns for what they sent out.

  3. #53
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    The NHL deadline used to to be even later if you could believe it. I thought they did fine on the returns for what they sent out.
    Yeah, I'm glad they didn't' trade Kreider. Sad to see Zucc go, but I understand why and best wishes to him. Hayes, good luck bro.

    I will admit it's really frustrating to see the South Rangers doing so amazing with all our old players. Yes I know they have Stamkos and Kucherov but other than them and Vasilevskiy it's all Rangers

  4. #54
    The King dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    We need to hope we get some luck (lottery goes our way and we get a high pick, and TB wins the Cup so we get a third 1st rounder) so this rebuild can get accelerated a bit. Of course, we have to nail the picks too. We cant afford another mistake.

  5. #55
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LmfAo!

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad they didn't' trade Kreider. Sad to see Zucc go, but I understand why and best wishes to him. Hayes, good luck bro.

    I will admit it's really frustrating to see the South Rangers doing so amazing with all our old players. Yes I know they have Stamkos and Kucherov but other than them and Vasilevskiy it's all Rangers
    Their team is a combination of their own picks and players off of our 2014 roster.

  6. #56
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    I guess we're all done getting points for this season. That's a good thing.

  7. #57
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Gotta love picking up these meaningless points.

  8. #58
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    This franchise.

  9. #59
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Absolute miracle.

  10. #60
    The King dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Wow! True franchise altering moment. Hughes and Kakko are by far the two best players in this draft and we'll get one of them. Amazing.

  11. #61

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Not bad, not bad at all.

  12. #62
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Just get Lafrenière next year and be done with the tanking.

    Think I would also look to trade Kreider with the Jets pick to move up for a center.

  13. #63
    The King dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    So we need to root for Winnipeg to go out in the 1st round, Dallas to make the WCF and TB to win the Cup. I doubt all three will happen but I'd gladly take two of them. Especially Winnipeg going out early and TB winning.

  14. #64
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LmfAo!

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Who saw that coming?

  15. #65
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Who saw that coming?
    me,

  16. #66
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Sucks for Colorado

    But seriously, there's a chance for real quick turnaround and rebuild here.

    The lines next year could be:

    Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
    Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
    Lemieux-Lias-Kakko
    Namestnikov-Howden-Fast

  17. #67
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LmfAo!

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    I don't want to get ahead of my self, but Kakko looks like a young Jagr

  18. #68
    The King dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Panarin would be the one big FA I would go after. He's 27 so I dont mind committing to him long term. If we dont get him though, I hope we can stay patient and not overspend for lesser and/or older players.


    What would you guys do with the blue line? I want to see us try to trade for Adam Fox. Beyond that though I dont see any immediate solutions unless you want to try to use Kreider in a package for Trouba.

  19. #69
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LmfAo!

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Cross your fingers for Karlsson to make it to free agency.

  20. #70
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Panarin would be the one big FA I would go after. He's 27 so I dont mind committing to him long term. If we dont get him though, I hope we can stay patient and not overspend for lesser and/or older players.


    What would you guys do with the blue line? I want to see us try to trade for Adam Fox. Beyond that though I dont see any immediate solutions unless you want to try to use Kreider in a package for Trouba.
    I wouldn't mind that. It's a position they could use and age wise he fits their timeline. Problem is I think the Avs are looking for a number 2 center not wing.

    Pass on Panarin. He will be entering his age 28 season next year. Team isn't ready to win yet. The young players need time. And they will likely be a bottom 5 team again.

    Also the Rangers need to work on the center position (Zibanejad and???) and defense.

    It's just not a good time to splurge in free agency. imo

  21. #71
    The King dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. It's a position they could use and age wise he fits their timeline. Problem is I think the Avs are looking for a number 2 center not wing.

    Pass on Panarin. He will be entering his age 28 season next year. Team isn't ready to win yet. The young players need time. And they will likely be a bottom 5 team again.

    Also the Rangers need to work on the center position (Zibanejad and???) and defense.

    It's just not a good time to splurge in free agency. imo



    Panarin's going to be real good for awhile though. If he was 30-31, I'd be more inclined to agree but even if you give him a 7 or 8 year deal, you likely are getting at least 5-6 elite years out of him.


    We may be bad again next year, which honestly wouldnt be a terrible thing. Another top 5 pick in a deep draft next year. I think if they have another good draft this year, if the young guys keep progressing, Panarin is added, the blue line gets addressed a bit, they could jump into contender status in the 20-21 season.

  22. #72
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    We may be bad again next year, which honestly wouldnt be a terrible thing.
    We still have a lot of money left to burn through on the Staal/Lundqvist contracts and the Girardi buyout

  23. #73
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LmfAo!

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    We still have a lot of money left to burn through on the Staal/Lundqvist contracts and the Girardi buyout
    They have enough space to fit in one big contract this summer.

  24. #74
    The King dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    What do you guys think we should do with Kreider?

  25. #75
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 - 2018 NY Rangers: Earn your keep Gorts

    Not bringing Kreider back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts