+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Re: 2018 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

Yeah pretty sick of Gardner/Hicks blocking frazier
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Happens. If Drury didn't go on the DL we would not have Andújar playing 3rd. This may be best for Frazier (playing more). As for Gallegos - he is a temp with options because Kahnle and Warren will be back soon. Surprised because we have better prospects but I wish him well.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Happens. If Drury didn't go on the DL we would not have Andújar playing 3rd. This may be best for Frazier (playing more). As for Gallegos - he is a temp with options because Kahnle and Warren will be back soon. Surprised because we have better prospects but I wish him well.
    Gallegos MiLB stats since 2015: 188.1 IP, 247 K, 39 BB, 1.72 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, 2.07 FIP

I'm not saying he's the next Chapman, but why are people acting like he's some scrub that will be released next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    Gallegos MiLB stats since 2015: 188.1 IP, 247 K, 39 BB, 1.72 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, 2.07 FIP

I'm not saying he's the next Chapman, but why are people acting like he's some scrub that will be released next week?

echoing this. plus he's about 27---we should be getting him right in his prime. excellent for last guy in the pen.
    “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post

Opps. I actually like Gallegos (had a few bad games in ST but did good) and he pitched last year and was decent but I think he is just coming off an injury, Lail and Carroll are better relievers now. I love our pitching depth in our farm system and wish him well. The problem for Gallegos is Kahule and Warren will be back. He is like Hale is/was.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Frazier should be in LF now, with Gardner moving to CF and Hicks becoming a late inning defensive replacement/bench player.
    If only we could have a 12-man pitching staff that might be possible. This 13-man staff is a killer.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Cashman's love affair with Hicks is killing Frazier.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Frazier homers in first AB back in Scranton... Bird homered as well.
    Let's Go Yankees!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Frazier homers in first AB back in Scranton... Bird homered as well.
    Should both be in the majors.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Cashman's love affair with Hicks is killing Frazier.
    Yep - it’s horrible that a prospect with so much upside is being buried in favor of an injury-prone career .230 hitter.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Triple Crown

So I am frustrated at Frazier not getting the call.

But I think the Hicks hate is a bit silly. He's put up 4.4 WAR over the last 500 PA. To put that in context, comparing that to the top players in the league this year, he'd be the 25th most valuable hitter *in baseball*.

Now maybe that's all been luck and we should expect him to revert to his prior levels. 500 PAs a lot, so I doubt it, but it's certainly not a zero probability scenario. But discount the 25th best hitter in baseball by 10%, and you still have an awesome player.

By the way, I came here looking to find the thread where I could complain about how Frazier wasn't playing every day. So I'm biased that way.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that back in my blog writing days my biggest axe was about the stupiidity of Melky blocking a young OF named Gardner. To my mind: Find someone to take Gardner and most of his salary and let Frazier play every day. Gardy will be missed, but he's no longer the leader of this clubhouse, and the Yankees are better served utilizing the capital he costs elsewhere given available substitutes, and giving the potential upside of Frazier a chance to show through. If it fails, they have the capital to bring in Harper next year (though I hope they don't need to do so).
    My writing can be found at It Is About The Money, Stupid. Come heckle me.

Auction League Champ, 2009: Ponzi Schemers

Thread Information