+ Reply to Thread

Selling extra tickets at games?

Is this allowed? I travel up for a game or two every year, but have never paid attention to scalpers or whatever. This year one of the folks in my group isn't 100% whether he can go, but I can't wait around to buy tickets. If I end up being stuck with an extra ticket, is it allowed to sell it outside the stadium for face value (or less, just to get something for it)? If anyone has sold tickets like this, what is the likelihood of being able to unload 1 ticket? Not sure how many folks go to the games flying solo. BAsed on when he learns whether he can go or not, I may not end up with enough time to sell on StubHub.

Re: Selling extra tickets at games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    Is this allowed? I travel up for a game or two every year, but have never paid attention to scalpers or whatever. This year one of the folks in my group isn't 100% whether they can go, but I can't wait around to buy tickets. If I end up being stuck with an extra ticket, is it allowed to sell it outside the stadium for face value (or less, just to get something for it)? If anyone has sold tickets like this, what is the likelihood of being able to unload 1 ticket? Not sure how many folks go to the games flying solo.
    It is illegal to sell a ticket for any amount (but I believe you can give it away) anywhere within 1500 feet of the Stadium.

A zealous undercover police officer could argue that the Parking Garages / Official lots count as the "Stadium" or venue...

If you have a smart phone, you can sell it on StubHub.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    It is illegal to sell a ticket for any amount (but I believe you can give it away) anywhere within 1500 feet of the Stadium.

A zealous undercover police officer could argue that the Parking Garages / Official lots count as the "Stadium" or venue...

If you have a smart phone, you can sell it on StubHub.
    Hmm, ok. That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    Hmm, ok. That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info!
    I have had occasional luck selling to people going to buy at the box office. Depends on the game and ticket availability. Also on how good your seats are and if you are offering a discount. If you are very desperate the scalpers are more than happy to offer you 20 cents on the dollar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    I have had occasional luck selling to people going to buy at the box office. Depends on the game and ticket availability. Also on how good your seats are and if you are offering a discount. If you are very desperate the scalpers are more than happy to offer you 20 cents on the dollar
    If you are at a weekend game, and the weather is decent (but not a Sunday NIGHT game), you should be able to flip a single on StubHub quite easily. Your listing will be up until first pitch.

Thread Information