+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

NYYFans FB League - 2018 Week 8

Seven weeks in the books already. Summer is nearly over, it seems.

This week in the League:

Buckeye Nation (3-4) @ Felonious Punks (5-2)
    Carolina Force (2-5) @ Babe's Blasts (1-6)
    Larrupin' Lou's (0-7) @ Miko's Marauders (5-2)
    The Lumberjacks (5-2) @ Stirrups (5-2)
    Planet Express (4-3) @ Formal Ferrets (2-5)
    Guys with Wood (6-1) @ Powerplant (2-5)
    The Empire Strikes Back (4-3) @ Mrs. Bill and Sluggo (4-3)
    Michigan Wolverines (2-5) @ Romanian Yankees (4-3)
    Judgement Day (3-4) @ HobokenSquatCobblers (4-3)
    Evil Empire (3-4) @ Ligers (6-1)
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Re: NYYFans FB League - 2018 Week 8

Can the Force make it 2 in a row ?? doubtful, but here's to hoping. Good luck Blasts !

need another big game to beat those dirty, dirty Longnames. I think I'm currently projected to lose by like 50 points. Damn.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    Can the Force make it 2 in a row ?? doubtful, but here's to hoping. Good luck Blasts !
    I'm fairly sure I won't win another game, so you should be solid for a 2 game win streak.

NYYF Legend

My drafted infielders:

1B: Chase Headley. Dropped by me, dropped by the Padres.
    2B: Joe Panik. Great start! Injured.
    3B: Todd Frazier. Injured.
    SS: Corey Seager. Premium player! Out for the year.

Anyone want to trade Bogaerts to me?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post

Anyone want to trade Bogaerts to me?

Umm sorry No.. LOL

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Any folks with a plethora of Yanks or Nats certainly have taken a hit with both teams off for four days. This applies to both me and my opponent this week.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Any folks with a plethora of Yanks or Nats certainly have taken a hit with both teams off for four days. This applies to both me and my opponent this week.
    I'm not losing a Sabathia start, but goose eggs from Judge and Torres hurt....

It's a barnburner, a cliff-hanger, a nail-biter in Hoboken as those gritty Squat Cobblers go into play Saturday with a 1.5 point lead on their hated rivals, Judgement Day. It is 182.5-181, but the FrockFrickers have a 1-0 PSR advanage with Trevor Williams going for the Bucs. Xanax and anit-acid tablets at the ready. Both teams have been affected by idle Yanks and Nats.

NYYF Legend

Such a depressing week. Injuries, suspensions, too much of the word - postponed, and then rain, and rain, and then suddenly more rain. The lack of sun has called for dreariness all over the land. These are dark dark days.

However, it is Saturday so we must forge on and see how we're doing (in red, gloomy red):
    Note: Due to the rain, we will drop the 20 points needed to be a team leader to 15 for this week.

Buckeye Nation, looking like they want to get back into the fight for the DiMag, has jumped out to a 42 point lead. The Punks seem to be in danger of dropping 2 in a row here. PSRs are knotted at 2.
    Team Leaders:
    BN: Brandon (Steel) Belt(ed radials) 32
    FP: No one with at least 15 points yet

The Blast has rocketed to a 56 point lead, however there's still hope in the Carolinas as the Forces has created a 3-1 PSR advantage. This one is closer that it appears.
    Team Leaders:
    CF: CJ Cron 27
    BB: J. A. Happ(y) 34

The Lou's may need to look to week 9 to pick up win one. Miko the King of the Night has leaped to a 62 point lead. The Lou's lineup is littered with late DL'd players, but do have the slightest of hope with the only PSRs left.
    Team Leaders:
    LL: Alex Colome (impressed) 23
    MM: Kenta (Clarka) Maeda 36

Three teams have not reached 100 in this awful, awful, dark and dreary week. These are 2 of them. The Jacks have a 96.5 - 69 lead. Not enough sunlight to power my handy calculator, so hold on a second, need to plug in the abacus.

That's a 27.5 point lead for the Jacks. 6 PSRs remain and they are split evenly. It looks like those with a long name have the edge in quality here, so the matter of win 6 still looks to be questionable in this important match up.
    Team Leaders:
    tL: Chris (bullseye) Archer 24.5
    S: Kris(py) Bryant 17

The Express is looking to gain on at least one of the Leaders of the Mantle Div. The Ferrets are hoping for win 3. The Express has a mini 22 point lead at this juncture. Lot's of PRS left, each team with 3.
    Team Leaders:
    PE: Nick (why would anyone ever drop this guy) Pivetta 31.5
    FF: Tyson (bock bock) Ross 15 (just made it)

It would appear that losing angers the Guys with Wood. They have 295 points and a 112.5 point lead over the team with the 2nd most points this week. That team is not the Powerplant. The Plant find themselves the victim of this wrath, and are down by 202 points. That's an ouch. In the - It Doesn't Matter - category, the Plant has the 2-0 PSR advantage.
    Team Leaders:
    GwW: Like... Everybody on the Team, especially David (scared of the Yankees) Price 37
    SNP: Adam (Key West) Duvall 23.5

The Expansion Strikes Back holds a 28 pt lead here. PSRs are tied at 3. Hard to say who has the better trio of starters going. This could be a close one. Both teams would like that 5th win.
    Team Leaders:
    ESB: Jake Odorizzzzzi 20.5
    MBS: Justin Verrrrrlander 44.5

The Wolvies and the RoYs are locked in the 3rd closest battle here. RoY with just a 6 pt advantage, and Mich with a 4-3 PSR lead. Eyes will be upon this thing all weekend.
    Team Leaders:
    MW: Wade (leMel) LeBlanc 22
    RoY: (Choo Choo) Charlie Morton 28

In the second closest game, among the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring teams of the week so far, the HobokenHellRaisers have a teeny weenie point and a half lead. They also have the lone PSR. Whew. Close. Anyone's game. All the games will probably be rained out and the point and a half will hold up.
    Team Leaders:
    JD: deJacob deGrom 29.5
    HHR: Trevor Williams 28

...and last but mostly least, we have the closest thing of the week. The Empire has forged ahead to a 000000.500000 pt lead. And just when you thought it couldn't get closer, both teams are tied at 47 rain outs a piece AND 2 PSRs a piece. This yawner could be decided with the Sunday Overnight Adjustments.
    Team Leaders:
    EE: Cesar (Salad) Hernandez 22
    L: Whit (the) Merrifield 24.5

There you have it. Some really close games to watch. Maybe there will be a few actual baseball games played this weekend. Maybe.

Anywho, try to have a nice weekend my friends.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Even with our pathetic scoring due to the rainouts it is as tight a game as it can get. Of course I had to lose my best offensive player along with it so I’m down a man for the week. It’s all up to the pitching.

Great write up again John. The little newsletter that could....

Just out of curiosity, do any of you all check the "projections" tab on the CBS site? I find it consistently wrong, often dramatically. I know the answer is "That's baseball, Suzyn," but it's totally useless.

The only reason I ever see cbs projections is because when you click on stats it defaults to projections. That’s the extent of my interaction with it.

NYYF Legend

Such a depressing week. Injuries, suspensions, too much of the word - postponed, and then rain, and rain, and then suddenly more rain. The lack of sun has called for dreariness all over the land. These are dark dark days.

However, it is Saturday so we must forge on and see how we're doing (in red, gloomy red):
    Note: Due to the rain, we will drop the 20 points needed to be a team leader to 15 for this week.
    Depressing Prediction Sunday has dawned, the gloom remains (predictions in blue):

Buckeye Nation, looking like they want to get back into the fight for the DiMag, has jumped out to a 42 point lead. The Punks seem to be in danger of dropping 2 in a row here. PSRs are knotted at 2.
    Team Leaders:
    BN: Brandon (Steel) Belt(ed radials) 32
    FP: No one with at least 15 points yet

A 53 and a half point lead for the Buckets with no SPs remaining in the match will secure a .500 record for said Buckets. The Punks will fall to 5-3. A nice 48 pt day for the Punkies was quashed by a better 60 pt day by the Nation.

The Blast has rocketed to a 56 point lead, however there's still hope in the Carolinas as the Forces has created a 3-1 PSR advantage. This one is closer that it appears.
    Team Leaders:
    CF: CJ Cron 27
    BB: J. A. Happ(y) 34

The Force cut into the Blast lead on Saturday, but it appears to be not enough. They still have an SP going with the Blast SP-less. I think the 33 pt lead will hold up for the Blast and these two will emerge from this week with identical 2-6 records.

The Lou's may need to look to week 9 to pick up win one. Miko the King of the Night has leaped to a 62 point lead. The Lou's lineup is littered with late DL'd players, but do have the slightest of hope with the only PSRs left.
    Team Leaders:
    LL: Alex Colome (impressed) 23
    MM: Kenta (Clarka) Maeda 36

The Lou's say, "Hold on thar, Babalooie" as they demolish Miko's 62 pt lead on Saturday. Lou got up off the deck and has crept to within 5 pts of the Miko. No SPs left in this one. Who to pick, who to pick?

Ugh. So close at this point. Chalk says Miko...

Out on the limber limb we go. The pick here is win 1 for the Larrapin' ones.

Three teams have not reached 100 in this awful, awful, dark and dreary week. These are 2 of them. The Jacks have a 96.5 - 69 lead. Not enough sunlight to power my handy calculator, so hold on a second, need to plug in the abacus.

That's a 27.5 point lead for the Jacks. 6 PSRs remain and they are split evenly. It looks like those with a long name have the edge in quality here, so the matter of win 6 still looks to be questionable in this important match up.
    Team Leaders:
    tL: Chris (bullseye) Archer 24.5
    S: Kris(py) Bryant 17

The happy news is that both teams have snuck past the century mark.
    PSRs are Stirrups 3, Jacks 2. Lead is Jacks 21.5. Lot's on the line here. Who will step up?
    I think the Tattered Soles pitching will find a way to overtake the Lumberers when all is said and done.

The Express is looking to gain on at least one of the Leaders of the Mantle Div. The Ferrets are hoping for win 3. The Express has a mini 22 point lead at this juncture. Lot's of PRS left, each team with 3.
    Team Leaders:
    PE: Nick (why would anyone ever drop this guy) Pivetta 31.5
    FF: Tyson (bock bock) Ross 15 (just made it)

The 52 pt lead for the Expressionless will hold up, despite a 2-1 advantage in Pitching Starts Remaining for the Fretful Ferrets. Second place will be the prize for the Planet.

It would appear that losing angers the Guys with Wood. They have 295 points and a 112.5 point lead over the team with the 2nd most points this week. That team is not the Powerplant. The Plant find themselves the victim of this wrath, and are down by 202 points. That's an ouch. In the - It Doesn't Matter - category, the Plant has the 2-0 PSR advantage.
    Team Leaders:
    GwW: Like... Everybody on the Team, especially David (scared of the Yankees) Price 37
    SNP: Adam (Key West) Duvall 23.5

Woodies move to 7-1 with this win. No one would have had a fighting chance against the Men with Boards this week.

The Expansion Strikes Back holds a 28 pt lead here. PSRs are tied at 3. Hard to say who has the better trio of starters going. This could be a close one. Both teams would like that 5th win.
    Team Leaders:
    ESB: Jake Odorizzzzzi 20.5
    MBS: Justin Verrrrrlander 44.5

Mrs. Bill made up almost all the ground yesterday and finds herself just 2 pts away. 2 PSRs for each, so who will get win 5? I think the SPs of the Missus, will do her in today. ESB wins a verrrrrrry close one.

The Wolvies and the RoYs are locked in the 3rd closest battle here. RoY with just a 6 pt advantage, and Mich with a 4-3 PSR lead. Eyes will be upon this thing all weekend.
    Team Leaders:
    MW: Wade (leMel) LeBlanc 22
    RoY: (Choo Choo) Charlie Morton 28

The eyes say that Wolf won Saturday big time and will go on to pick up win 3, pushing the RoYs to a .500 record.

In the second closest game, among the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring teams of the week so far, the HobokenHellRaisers have a teeny weenie point and a half lead. They also have the lone PSR. Whew. Close. Anyone's game. All the games will probably be rained out and the point and a half will hold up.
    Team Leaders:
    JD: deJacob deGrom 29.5
    HHR: Trevor Williams 28

A 46 pt lead for the JDs, 1 PSR left in this matchup (for Hobos), Both teams level out at .500 once the final tabulations are in.

...and last but mostly least, we have the closest thing of the week. The Empire has forged ahead to a 000000.500000 pt lead. And just when you thought it couldn't get closer, both teams are tied at 47 rain outs a piece AND 2 PSRs a piece. This yawner could be decided with the Sunday Overnight Adjustments.
    Team Leaders:
    EE: Cesar (Salad) Hernandez 22
    L: Whit (the) Merrifield 24.5

Whew, too close to call in this grudge match. We'll need to see how Sunday plays out here. Stay tuned.

Hopefully all your dreams will come true today.

Don’t be disingenuous. You’re currently kicking my ass! I need a CG and someone else to step up today.

I can’t believe I put Harvey in over Fister.

Thread Information