+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    His stats are fine but his stuff does not look the same to me this year. Seems like he is missing his location and hanging a lot of sliders.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  2. #2

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    His stats are fine but his stuff does not look the same to me this year. Seems like he is missing his location and hanging a lot of sliders.
    He's getting hurt with his slider so he need to some more tilt on that pitch.

  3. #3

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Pretty good when he doesnít pitch in games Tanaka starts.
    Let's Go Yankees!

  4. #4

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    It seems like he should throw about 95 percent fastballs as pretty much no one can touch that.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    He has good numbers this year (slightly worse than last year), but his stuff doesn't seem the same at all. He used to get a ton of swing and misses on his fastball. Based completely on the eye-test, he hasn't been getting nearly as many swings and misses this season.

  6. #6

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    He has good numbers this year (slightly worse than last year), but his stuff doesn't seem the same at all. He used to get a ton of swing and misses on his fastball. Based completely on the eye-test, he hasn't been getting nearly as many swings and misses this season.
    Both his zone and out of zone contact percentage is up between 5% and 7% this year.

  7. #7

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    He has good numbers this year (slightly worse than last year), but his stuff doesn't seem the same at all. He used to get a ton of swing and misses on his fastball. Based completely on the eye-test, he hasn't been getting nearly as many swings and misses this season.
    Agreed.

    He's obviously still very good, but he was damn near elite last season.

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    He has good numbers this year (slightly worse than last year), but his stuff doesn't seem the same at all. He used to get a ton of swing and misses on his fastball. Based completely on the eye-test, he hasn't been getting nearly as many swings and misses this season.
    Yep, thatís exactly what I said in the first post of this thread. Itís not like he is pitching poorly, but heís not the same pitcher we saw last year.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  9. #9

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Pretty good when he doesn’t pitch in games Tanaka starts.
    And the trend continues.

    Chad Green has given up runs in 7 games this year... 6 of those have been in games Tanaka started.
    Let's Go Yankees!

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    And the trend continues.

    Chad Green has given up runs in 7 games this year... 6 of those have been in games Tanaka started.
    That is mere coincidence. Means nothing.

    The more disturbing issue is that he has been scored upon in 7 games so far. That is off his pace from last year.

  11. #11

    Re: 2018 Chad Green Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    That is mere coincidence. Means nothing.

    The more disturbing issue is that he has been scored upon in 7 games so far. That is off his pace from last year.
    And the coincidence continues.

    Chad Green has given up runs in 8 games this year... 7 of those have been in games Tanaka started.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts