+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

2018 - 2019 New York Knicks: Sloe Gin Fiz Edition

Welcome to your new nightmare, Coach.

David Fizdale has agreed to a deal to become the next coach of the New York Knicks, league sources told ESPN.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...cks-head-coach

Re: 2018 - 2019 New York Knicks: Sloe Gin Fiz Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Welcome to your new nightmare, Coach.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...cks-head-coach

I feel bad for him. Seems like a cool guy and a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Seems like a cool guy and a good coach.
    The Knicks will wring all of that out of him. There's no soul strong enough that we can't crush it. (But I agree with you, and if one wants to have hope in the franchise, he seems like someone worth having hope in).

I watched Firzdale's press conference today and it looks like the Knicks are finally going to rebuild this organization the right way. No quick fixes with an improved player development system. Dolan has signed off according to Mills, Perry and Fizdale. If Dolan stays out of the way, I think those guys can do it, at least, that's my hope.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

Yay.

NYYF Triple Crown

Trae Young to watch film with Fizdale after workout, appreciates his authenticity

After his workout, Trae Young said he would be watching film with new coach David Fizdale.

Hes a great dude, Young said. Great coach. Everything Ive heard about him, hes amazing. Hes very energetic. Hes a guy who keeps it real as you. Me as a player who wants to be great. You want someone like that, whos going to push you, whos going to make you better, whos going to keep it real with you. I really like Coach Fizdale.

via Marc Berman, New York Post

Knicks have dinner with Trae Young ahead of first workout, give first impressions

Hes a little bit bigger than he looked on the court a little bit bigger but hes an intriguing talent, Steve Mills said Monday at a gala hosted by the Hospital of Special Surgery to honor former Knicks great Bill Bradley. You look at what (Young) did with the players he had around him and what he was doing at the start of the season, you have to say this guy has the chance to be a special player.

When I went to see him play at the tournament and that was the first time Ive seen him live I was really impressed with the way he moves the basketball, Mills said. He sees everything on the floor, hes willing to release the ball and get it out on the fastbreak. So his ability to see was really impressive.

via Stefan Bondy, New York Daily News

NYYF Legend

I would like Young or Porter Jr., but will settle for Mikal Bridges.

NYYF Triple Crown

3 days till NBA DRAFT. with # 9 pick NY KNICKS select Kevin Knox.

NYYF Triple Crown

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/1...018-mock-draft

9) NEW YORK
    TEAM NEEDS: Wing length/defense, shooting

THE PICK: F Michael Porter, Jr., Missouri

At nine, this is a more than reasonable gamble for the Knicks; failing someone wowing the Knicks with an offer of a young player and a pick, or taking Noahs salary off their hands, expect them to stay here at nine. Porter has too much talent and potential to pass up; he was number one on most mock draft boards at this time last year before his back injury, which led to surgery and kept him out of action almost all season at Missouri. The Knicks could, and likely would, give Porter all the time he needs to fully recover, as they no doubt will with Kristaps Porzingis, coming off that ACL tear last February; so what if theyre in the Lottery again next year? The potential one-two of P-squared (Porter and Porzingis; dont bother, Ive already copyrighted it) down the road is worth the wait. You dont hear any more from Philly fans about the long, long wait for Joel Embiid (and Im not saying Porter will be Embiid; Im talking about talent blossoming after a guy finally gets healthy and strong and confident).

NYYF Triple Crown

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
    13m13 minutes ago
    More
    Charlotte is finalizing a deal to send Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets for Timofey Mozgov, league sources tell ESPN. Nets will save $17M on deal in 2019-20 season, allowing them to create two max salary slots.

596 replies 3,059 retweets 4,140 likes
    Reply 596 Retweet 3.1K Like 4.1K Direct message

I like the pick.

(Too tired to expound upon that.)

I would love to get rid of Dolan as Knicks owner, but don't most NBA teams own the arena they play in?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...629-story.html

NYYF Triple Crown

https://sports.yahoo.com/knicks-repo...012040312.html

Not to be outdone by the fact that the Los Angeles Lakers signed LeBron James on Sunday afternoon, it was announced that the New York Knicks had come to terms with forward Mario Hezonja.

Man, free agency is getting wild.

Hezonja was the No. 5 overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft selected by the Orlando Magic.

Hezonja will make an annual salary of $6.5 million, which is a bet on his talent as New York will continue to struggle in the Eastern Conference over the next few years.

The Knicks will likely be without Kristaps Porzingis for some time, and they aren’t looking to sign big name free agents this offseason. Now is the perfect opportunity to fill roster space with guys they think might turn out later on cheaper contract.

The Croatian wing hasn’t developed the way Orlando would have hoped after taking him with such a high lottery selection, but he does have some NBA skills the Knicks could benefit from.
    Low risk-high upside. Knicks taking the first few steps to the Finals, heh.

NYYF Legend

No love for Mitchell Robinson ??
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010, 2011, 2015 & 2018 Gehrig Division Champs.

mitchell "literally ad maybe" robinson

https://streamable.com/xvjgc

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Been a long time since the Knicks had me a little excited.

Still a 30 win team, but they will be interesting to watch.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    No love for Mitchell Robinson ??
    I thought it was a bad pick. Glad to be wrong.

Knox was the right pick. Wanted Porter since he fell, but Knox was the guy I wanted if he didn't fall.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post

Knox was the right pick. Wanted Porter since he fell, but Knox was the guy I wanted if he didn't fall.
    Porter had another back surgery last week. No wonder so many teams passed on him.

Been a long time since the Knicks had me a little excited.

Still a 30 win team, but they will be interesting to watch.
    Man, I miss the days in the 90s with epic battles against Indiana and Miami. We never went all the way, but those were some intense contests. Ewing, Starks, Oakley, LJ, Ward, Houston, Davis, Harper, Mason, etc.

The Garden was hopping back then. :-/

mitchrob has the best physical tools in this entire draft and his makeup flags are mostly inconsequential.

he has no ceiling.

Just went through their schedule. I have them no more than 20 wins. Maybe throw in a few surprise ones to make it 25.

KP's injury might be a slight blessing in disguise. This is going to allow them to finish at the top of the draft and hopefully land another elite talent/player.

I know a lot fans like Zion but I want a guard. I don't watch college basketball but I will tuned in this year.
    Early on I'm hoping Reddish is wearing Orange and Blue come draft day.

Robinson
    Porzingis
    Knox
    Reddish
    Ntilikina

Is a nice young core.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

LOL Knicks
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-2018-19-nba/
    New York in particular has the worst CARMELO rating in the NBA, after accounting for the fact that Kristaps Porzingis might play only minimally this season (if at all). After potentially missing the playoffs for a sixth straight season, the best the Knicks can hope for might be a return to the days of frozen envelopes in the draft lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'm fine with this. We all want them to suck. "LOL Knicks" is best reserved for their long-running pattern of negligence and mismanagement. Mills & Perry have actually done a nice job of embracing the tank for 2019, and have thus far avoided sacrificing long term gains to acquire fool's gold like Jimmy Butler.

If they continue to stick to the rebuilding plan, they could be looking at a 2019-20 core of Porzingis + Knox + Ntilikina + Top FA (Durant?) + 2019 lottery pick. At the very least they have taken steps in the right direction toward sustainable relevance.

NYYF Legend

I'm fine with this. We all want them to suck. "LOL Knicks" is best reserved for their long-running pattern of negligence and mismanagement. Mills & Perry have actually done a nice job of embracing the tank for 2019, and have thus far avoided sacrificing long term gains to acquire fool's gold like Jimmy Butler.

If they continue to stick to the rebuilding plan, they could be looking at a 2019-20 core of Porzingis + Knox + Ntilikina + Top FA (Durant?) + 2019 lottery pick. At the very least they have taken steps in the right direction toward sustainable relevance.
    At least practice would be exciting though.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Ironic that they're embracing the tank when the tanking rules get changed for the lottery.

Thread Information