+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 - 2019 New York Knicks: Sloe Gin Fiz Edition

They literally can't trade for him until December, so even if they were interested we're protected against that foolishness.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

There's this myth that nobody wants to come play for the Knicks, which is BS. Players want to come play here, they always put the Knicks on their trade me now list. The main thing is that nobody elite wants to sign here as free agents if they're not surrounded by good players and another elite star. We came really close with Durant but he blew out his heel. Knicks need to stay the course and build a team that's only 1 or 2 big pieces away, then the big free agent will sign.

No thanks to Westbrook, too expensive and about to decline big time

NYYF Triple Crown

@wojespn

Story filed to ESPN: In aftermath of Paul George’s departure, OKC star Russell Westbrook is welcoming to idea of Sam Presti engineering a trade that would bring an end to his illustrious 11-year Thunder tenure. Miami's expressed interest, a destination that appeals to Westbrook

Devoted Member

Or, the Knicks never had a chance with Durant....

A report indicated that Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving knew "months ago" they would be teaming up in Brooklyn. Apparently it was not a well-kept secret.

New Knicks power forward Bobby Portis said players around the league knew about their intentions back in February.

"I knew what was gonna happen in February," Portis said, according to The Athletic's Mike Vorkunov. "We all knew that (Durant and Kyrie Irving would go to Brooklyn). Everybody knew that. I just don't think the media knew that. Us basketball players, we all knew that. ... I'm not going to leak my source. But we all know where they were going. I'm protecting mine, but we all knew where they were going."
    https://sports.yahoo.com/knicks-bobb...042620373.html

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Or, the Knicks never had a chance with Durant....
    That's just a half story. The real story is the Knicks were lukewarm on Kyrie and instead Brooklyn was balls out pushing for him. Kyrie chose Brooklyn, and Durant was following him

Knicks screwed up by not wanting Kyrie hard enough, and fans are complicit in this

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    There's this myth that nobody wants to come play for the Knicks, which is BS. Players want to come play here, they always put the Knicks on their trade me now list. The main thing is that nobody elite wants to sign here as free agents if they're not surrounded by good players and another elite star.
    Agreed. All of those takes are self serving ones from either fans of other teams that don't want to see good players go to the Knicks or media members who find controversy easier to write about. Star players will come, they just aren't going to give up winning altogether to do it.

NYYF Triple Crown

A lot of this online writers and especially the big names such as ESPN and others also criticize the Knicks partly so they can get more ad revenue. The more negative news the more hits they get.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Isn't he really good?

Or is he like another Carmelo?
    He is super talented BUT has an awful contract and is slipping out of his prime. He puts up great stats i.e triple doubles galore, but he is super ball dominant and very inefficent. He is a big time iso guy, takes bad shots, and even with the assist numbers is not a guy that makes players around him better. His shooting % last year dipped significantly yet he is still a high volume shooter. He also has a very strong personality and tends to alienate his teammates. Him and KD has constant friction, and I still think he is the main reason why KD bolted to GS.

I kind of have this weird feeling Zion is going to bust.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I do as well, but not because the guy is so talented. I think he's too big and his body is going to fail him at the NBA level. I think Morant is going to be the biggest star out of this draft. RJ Barrett is a total question mark, I hope he makes it

Second round is looking better than the first round these recent drafts

NYYF Legend

I think i he stays healthy he'll have a good to great career but his body type is one that could breakdown in the NBA.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Triple Crown

I think it’s his face. He’s got that silly grin like he’s fooling everybody

I’m kidding of course. I would like to see him succeed, but he’s got a ton of work to do injury proofing himself and staying flexible, and mobile if he wants to be, for starters; very good.

Thread Information