+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 - 2019 New York Knicks: Sloe Gin Fiz Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Frankly, I'm not counting on Zion or Durant. Zion because the Knicks haven't been lucky in lottery pick order and Durant because I don't think he wants the pressure of playing for the Knicks as fans will demand him to be some kind of basketball messiah because of everything that has taken place since 1973.

I get what you're saying but man if KD embraces the challenge? Think of the upside. Either way he is going down as a Top 20 player all-time bare minimum. He already had 2 titles in the bank at GS. Probably will be a third this year. Could he stay there and keep winning? I guess although at some point they will have to break up that group a bit. They wont be able to afford all of them.

Whats the main criticism people have of KD right now? That he took the easy way out to win titles. Went to GS, jumped on the back of a 73 win team. No matter what he does there that team will always be Steph's. Steph is the face of the franchise. I really think KD wants to go somewhere to form a legacy. Maybe its the Clippers if Kawhi joins him. Possible. I dont see him going to the Lakers to ride LeBron's coattails, especially since there appears to be some tension there.

Think of the upside if its the Knicks. The East is weak. If Kawhi bolts Toronto, that will significantly weaken them. That leaves Boston and Philly. If the Knicks get KP back healthy, if they find another franchise player in this draft whether its Zion or Barrett or whoever, plus Knox....and you add KD to that? Suddenly that becomes a team thats Top 3 in the East and can win the conference. And if the team can continue to get better? Who knows. If KD can actually win a title here one day? My goodness. It's not a stretch to say he suddenly becomes one of the most beloved athletes this city has ever seen. He'll be up there with Namath, Jeter, Mantle, Messier, Frazier. He's on the Mt Rushmore of NY sports. He'll be a legend in NY. Also that no doubt bumps him up the all-time list and helps his legacy. It would be his 3rd (or 4th ring if GS wins one this year). He would have resurrected one of the NBA's flagship franchises, that hasnt won since 1973, and has generally been a laughingstock for almost 20 years. He can say "hey I have one more ring then LeBron. I have more Finals MVPs. My numbers are fairly comparable. Oh and I embraced the challenge of playing in NY AND I conquered the beast and won a title. Suck on that haters".

NYYF Legend

It makes sense for Durant to sign with the Knicks. He has already won all the hardware. The only thing missing in his legacy is winning championship as the No.1 player on the team. You could argue that he has done that with the Warriors but everyone thinks that it would always be Curry team. So Durant would never get that credit. If KP is healthy and they get a top 3 pick this season, the Knicks basically provide everything he wants.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    It makes sense for Durant to sign with the Knicks. He has already won all the hardware. The only thing missing in his legacy is winning championship as the No.1 player on the team. You could argue that he has done that with the Warriors but everyone thinks that it would always be Curry team. So Durant would never get that credit. If KP is healthy and they get a top 3 pick this season, the Knicks basically provide everything he wants.
    Man if by miracle we land Zion and KD hops on board we are an overnight contender and ticket prices will double overnight

IF Durant is looking for his own team, then the Knicks and Pacers would be good options.

If he doesn't want to deal with the media but wants solid team already in place and to be the man, the Pacers I would think he'd pick.

Clippers with he and Kawhi doesn't fit the wanting his own team, narrative. Plus still in the West and Lebron in the same city/building.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    IF Durant is looking for his own team, then the Knicks and Pacers would be good options.

If he doesn't want to deal with the media but wants solid team already in place and to be the man, the Pacers I would think he'd pick.

Clippers with he and Kawhi doesn't fit the wanting his own team, narrative. Plus still in the West and Lebron in the same city/building.
    Yeah, but winning in NY would be a lot bigger if he wants to make a point. And with Porzingis back, and hopefully a top 5 pick added to the mix, the Knicks are a more interesting team than they appear right now.

Turkish prosecutors are seeking an international arrest warrant for New York Knicks center Enes Kanter, accusing him of membership in a terror organization.
    The Knicks have caused a lot pain and suffering over the past 2 decades, but I don't know that I'd label them quite that harshly.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ew-york-knicks

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    "Turkish prosecutors are seeking an international arrest warrant for New York Knicks center Enes Kanter, accusing him of membership in a terror organization."

The Knicks have caused a lot pain and suffering over the past 2 decades, but I don't know that I'd label them quite that harshly.

NYYF Legend

Turkish prosecutors are seeking an international arrest warrant for New York Knicks center Enes Kanter, accusing him of membership in a terrible organization.
    Now it works.

NYYF Legend

Mudiay traded at the deadline y/n

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Mudiay traded at the deadline y/n
    I hope so. His value's up and I don't see him as the future 1 for this team. Capitalize on his empty stats and give Frank the keys for the remainder of the season (for better or for worse).

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    I hope so. His value's up and I don't see him as the future 1 for this team. Capitalize on his empty stats and give Frank the keys for the remainder of the season (for better or for worse).
    What are they doing with Lee? I thought the plan was to get him off the team and open space... seems like they need to play him a bit

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    What are they doing with Lee? I thought the plan was to get him off the team and open space... seems like they need to play him a bit
    Agreed. I'm sure there are a couple of wannabe playoff teams that he could help (like the Pelicans, who have no depth and are trotting out Etwaun Moore at the 3).

NYYF Legend

In a 114-110 win at the Knicks, Houston's James Harden became the first player in NBA history to score at least 61 points, make at least 5 three-pointers, and make at least 22 free throws.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    In a 114-110 win at the Knicks, Houston's James Harden became the first player in NBA history to score at least 61 points, make at least 5 three-pointers, and make at least 22 free throws.
    yeah I'm thinking that 61-5-22 isn't an official stat

Hardens play style doesnít work in the playoffs. 38 shots lol. 5 for 20 from 3. Guys so overrated

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Hardens play style doesnít work in the playoffs. 38 shots lol. 5 for 20 from 3. Guys so overrated
    They were a win away from knocking off the Warriors and going to the Finals (and probably would have gotten it done if Paul didn't get hurt).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    First with 20 3pt attempts and 20 FTs too.

I heard an interesting stat coming in to work today, haven't fact checked it though, in the last 5 games while Harden has been putting up monster point totals ZERO of his buckets have been assisted. How is that even possible in today's NBA
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

They were a win away from knocking off the Warriors and going to the Finals (and probably would have gotten it done if Paul didn't get hurt).
    IF they hadn't shot epically poorly from beyond the arc at the end of that series they beat the Warriors with or without Paul.
    Baseball is life;

Or maybe they just would have one if harden didnt disappear. Check the game logs Like he does so often. He played like trash. Heís overrated. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    IF they hadn't shot epically poorly from beyond the arc at the end of that series they beat the Warriors with or without Paul.
    What does this even mean. Thatís quite an IF.

NYYF Legend

What does this even mean. Thatís quite an IF.
    Didn't mean to capitalize.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...3s-1-in-72000/
    Baseball is life;

Games get harder in the playoffs. Especially when you know what the other team brings. Like golden state.

Harden is shooting 44 percent this year. Right around his career mark. This is not impressive. Scoring as much as he does, shooting as much as he does, is not impressive. He disappeared in the playoffs last year

NYYF Legend

Games get harder in the playoffs. Especially when you know what the other team brings. Like golden state.

Harden is shooting 44 percent this year. Right around his career mark. This is not impressive. Scoring as much as he does, shooting as much as he does, is not impressive. He disappeared in the playoffs last year
    Dantoni burned out his team with the short rotation but the Warriors were very lucky the Rockets missed so many WIDE OPEN 3s.

I say this a Warrior's fan.
    And I agree. Harden is a volume scorer. But he's kind of fun to watch even if I don't particularly care for him.
    Baseball is life;

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

And I agree. Harden is a volume scorer. But he's kind of fun to watch even if I don't particularly care for him.

Dantoni burned out his team with the short rotation but the Warriors were very lucky the Rockets missed so many WIDE OPEN 3s.

I say this a Warrior's fan.
    Difficult for hardens teammates to get into the flow of the game the way he plays. All points unassisted. Doesnít make teammates better. Great player. Just overrated.

Thread Information