+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: 2018 - 2019 New York Knicks: Sloe Gin Fiz Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    I'm fine with this. We all want them to suck. "LOL Knicks" is best reserved for their long-running pattern of negligence and mismanagement. Mills & Perry have actually done a nice job of embracing the tank for 2019, and have thus far avoided sacrificing long term gains to acquire fool's gold like Jimmy Butler.

If they continue to stick to the rebuilding plan, they could be looking at a 2019-20 core of Porzingis + Knox + Ntilikina + Top FA (Durant?) + 2019 lottery pick. At the very least they have taken steps in the right direction toward sustainable relevance.
    I understand this logic and I hope it works out for them, but this team, more than any other in my lifetime, has been a constant circus and never seems to get it's crap together properly. There's been like 10 other NBA teams that have had great seasons, fell off the face of the earth, rebuilt, peaked again and fell off again all while the Knicks have stayed crappy the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Ironic that they're embracing the tank when the tanking rules get changed for the lottery.
    It isn't that bad. The bottom three have equal chance to win. But there is no consensus (early on) number one like in the NHL with Jack Hughes.
    Knicks could end up third and still get an elite talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I understand this logic and I hope it works out for them, but this team, more than any other in my lifetime, has been a constant circus and never seems to get it's crap together properly. There's been like 10 other NBA teams that have had great seasons, fell off the face of the earth, rebuilt, peaked again and fell off again all while the Knicks have stayed crappy the entire time.
    I hear you. This is the first time I've seen them "intelligently suck", though. But yeah, I've been burned too many times to truly get my hopes up.

NYYF Legend

So how 'bout them Knicks !

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    So how 'bout them Knicks !
    Do you think Trier will be rookie of the year or finish 2nd to Knox?

They looked good, but the Hawks are really bad.

NYYF Legend

This will be their high water mark of games over .500 for the season.

Their wins will come against, Hawks, Suns, Kings, Magic. And probably splits against the Nets, Bulls, Mavs, Clips, Pelicans, Grizz, Nuggets.

20-25 wins

A win in Boston...even come spring, maybe the highlight of the season?
    Let the kids play.

I don't want them to win too many games as they need another lottery pick in which this player can be a future all-star. However, I got caught up tonight's game as they kept battling back after falling behind in double figures throughout the game. A really good win tonight against one of the better NBA teams.

This young roster plays hard, but needs some all-star players on their roster in order to really compete for playoff spots in the years to come.

NYYF Legend

Dream scenario, Kristaps comes back March plays balls out amazing but not enough to save the season, Knicks get lottery pick draw first and draft Zion, Durant signs free agent deal....

They have the makings of a nice team. Need a star to go with KP though.

I'm not counting on Zion. This organization simply has not had that kind of lottery luck in recent years. They seem to either move down or stay put.

They got KP cause he was a bit of a question mark coming from Europe. Had he been American and played college, they don't get him.

Frankly, I'm not counting on Zion or Durant. Zion because the Knicks haven't been lucky in lottery pick order and Durant because I don't think he wants the pressure of playing for the Knicks as fans will demand him to be some kind of basketball messiah because of everything that has taken place since 1973.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Frankly, I'm not counting on Zion or Durant. Zion because the Knicks haven't been lucky in lottery pick order and Durant because I don't think he wants the pressure of playing for the Knicks as fans will demand him to be some kind of basketball messiah because of everything that has taken place since 1973.
    As a Duke fan I suggest the Knicks to go after Barrett instead of Zion even if they have the No.1 pick. Be careful about Zion stats as he has lots of easy basket and his physical ability is just too much for college level to handle. Barrett and Reddish are also so good that they allow Zion to utilize his strength.

You also couldn't go wrong with Cam Reddish.

The suppose worry with Reddish is he has motor issues. I do think he's more talented than Barrett. Don't like that Barrett appears to be a ball hog needing lots of shots to get 20 points. Which the Knicks don't need with Hardaway, Trier (he passes some but still looks to shoot first), Burke and basically the rest of the guards outside of Ntilikina.

A kid I would give strong consideration to if I'm the Knicks is, Ja Morant. Who could be available where they likely pick 5-7. They need a legit PG.

A really exciting win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    A really exciting win tonight.
    Too bad that regulation buzzer shot didn't go down. So close. Jordan looked pissed.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

I am very pleased with the tanking right now. They need to lose to ATL on Friday.

This is an excellent draft.

Devoted Member

I am very pleased with the tanking right now. They need to lose to ATL on Friday.

Minor complaint: I'd like to see them play better defense.

But, as young and outclassed as they can look, it's fun to imagine this team adding three players better than anyone on the current roster next year (Porzingis, max free agent, top 5 draft pick). Suddenly all that youth is depth.

If you really want to dream, make it Durant, Porzingis and Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Minor complaint: I'd like to see them play better defense.

But, as young and outclassed as they can look, it's fun to imagine this team adding three players better than anyone on the current roster next year (Porzingis, max free agent, top 5 draft pick). Suddenly all that youth is depth.

If you really want to dream, make it Durant, Porzingis and Zion.
    Without question they're sorely lacking in defense. Some how, Fizdale needs to fix that with coaching and hopefully better players that can defend. With that said, I want them to have one of the three worst records by the end of April. The Knicks need to get lucky in the draft.

I always believe you play better defense when you get/have players that can defend.

Kanter
    Hardaway
    Mudiay
    Burke
    Hezonja

Never have been good defenders.

The rest of the roster is young and experience on defense. Although, Ntlikina and Dotson are two young players that are solid defenders. And Lee and Thomas are vets that are solid defenders too.

I know everyone loves Zion but there are other very good prospects. I'd be more than happy if they get Zion of course but Barrett, who looks like he could be 20+ ppg in the NBA. I like Ja Morant too.

NYYF Legend

For real! But my fear is that they're going to screw it all up by bringing back zinger

Although if he brings a lot of rust with him that could help the tank but I think he's good for a bunch of wins either way so pls stay out kthx

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I always believe you play better defense when you get/have players that can defend.

Kanter
    Hardaway
    Mudiay
    Burke
    Hezonja

Never have been good defenders.

The rest of the roster is young and experience on defense. Although, Ntlikina and Dotson are two young players that are solid defenders. And Lee and Thomas are vets that are solid defenders too.
    This! Need to get scorers, but scorers that can at least be competent defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    For real! But my fear is that they're going to screw it all up by bringing back zinger

Although if he brings a lot of rust with him that could help the tank but I think he's good for a bunch of wins either way so pls stay out kthx
    Yeah, but if you're going to attract a major free agent then Zinger is going to have show something before the season is done.

Thread Information