+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 - 2019 New York Knicks: Sloe Gin Fiz Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Of course the Lakers moved up to 4th from 11th. And of course the Pelicans get the "thanks for hanging in there" gift from the NBA just like Cleveland did. Welcome to the WWE.
    And the fact that the three worst teams ended up 3, 5, 6 dovetails oh-so-neatly with the NBA's implied "stop tanking" directive.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Triple Crown

https://nypost.com/2019/05/13/nba-dr...on-williamson/

A priest, a rabbi, two witches and a shaman walked into Madison Square Garden...

The Knicks may not have gotten the first pick but this could've easily gone the other way, the extreme way as only the Knicks can, and it may be a blessing in disguise and Zion may turn out to be very good but injury prone. I still have the image of his broken Nike in my head.

Looks like the prayers helped, I'd take a small miracle in any way, shape, or form.
    Last edited by Vin; 05-15-19 at 04:16 PM.

NYYF Legend

Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

What does that mean?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    What does that mean?
    There was speculation that Nike has inside information that KD is resigning with Golden State who will be opening the new Chase Center in San Fransisco moving across the bay from Oakland.

All the places listed from Fort Wayne to Oakland are KDs basketball stops going back to when he was a kid.
    Baseball is life;

Shirt or no shirt, I'm at the point where I'm content to keep building organically. We've come this far...F it.

NYYF Triple Crown

Yep. I don’t want KD nor any other free agent anymore.

It’s time for the Knicks to be the Yankees of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Yep. I don’t want KD nor any other free agent anymore.

It’s time for the Knicks to be the Yankees of basketball.
    Ha! That title unfortunately belongs to the Lakers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Shirt or no shirt, I'm at the point where I'm content to keep building organically. We've come this far...F it.
    Yeah if they don't land any max deals I'm good with developing Robinson, DSJ, RJ Barett, etc.. and adding pieces each year

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yeah if they don't land any max deals I'm good with developing Robinson, DSJ, RJ Barett, etc.. and adding pieces each year
    I think we all recognize that is plan B though... I can't imagine a scenario where they don't go hard after Durant, and whoever (Kyrie?) it takes to get him here.

I'm interested to see if they make a serious run at AD.

NYYF Legend

I’m very interested in AD

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I’m very interested in AD
    It would cost the #3 pick and more but probably worth it if they can land another max player to put beside him.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It would cost the #3 pick and more but probably worth it if they can land another max player to put beside him.
    I'd try to hang onto Mitch (especially for the sake of Snatch's avatar).
    Knox, Frank N, DSJ, Barrett - don't care much about any of these guys. Would love to only lose one 1st rounder.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I'd try to hang onto Mitch (especially for the sake of Snatch's avatar).
    Knox, Frank N, DSJ, Barrett - don't care much about any of these guys. Would love to only lose one 1st rounder.
    I agree - Robinson is the one guy I'd like to keep. After that, whatever it takes (assuming Durant and potentially another max player are coming).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    I agree - Robinson is the one guy I'd like to keep. After that, whatever it takes (assuming Durant and potentially another max player are coming).
    I'm not a capologist but do the Kincks have space for 3 max players? I thought they had room to sign 2 but if they trade for AD they'd essentially be using up one max slot on him. Do I have the math wrong?

I understand the Warriors can blow by the cap and resign both KD & Klay with Bird rights (assuming they both want to return to GSW though everything indicates KD going elsewhere) but if KD leaves as expected it's not like GSW can go out an offer that money to other FAs because of their cap situation.
    Baseball is life;

Irving
    Dotson
    Durant
    Davis
    Jordan/Robinson

That team will come out of the East and will give the Warriors fits.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Irving
    Dotson
    Durant
    Davis
    Jordan/Robinson

That team will come out of the East and will give the Warriors fits.
    I'm still trying to figure out the math where all 3 of these fit under the cap.

I mean yeah that's a good team but is it possible to assemble under the league salary structure?

And if Durant leaves the Warriors I think their run to the finals ends this year. Not sure who in the West will know them off but my early money would be on Clippers with Kawhi, especially if they could add another piece to a pretty decent core.
    Baseball is life;

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I'm not a capologist but do the Kincks have space for 3 max players? I thought they had room to sign 2 but if they trade for AD they'd essentially be using up one max slot on him. Do I have the math wrong?

I understand the Warriors can blow by the cap and resign both KD & Klay with Bird rights (assuming they both want to return to GSW though everything indicates KD going elsewhere) but if KD leaves as expected it's not like GSW can go out an offer that money to other FAs because of their cap situation.
    Yes, by balancing his salary

There are different ways to get to $21.6 million, but the easiest way to get there is to include their 2019 first-round pick. (The No. 1 pick can earn $9.7 in his first season.).......

A package of the No. 1 pick, Frank Ntilikina, Dennis Smith Jr. and Kevin Knox would work under the NBA's trade stipulations.
    https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/heres...ents/307134850

Knicks would have to trade for the 3rd max after they sign two maxes. The 3rd pick would have to be included to make it work salary wise. They have to wait a month to trade this pick for Davis.
    All high salaries will be gone: Knox, Barrett, Ntlikina, Dennis Smith jr and a pick or two.

Another direction the Knicks could go is trade for Davis on draft night and sign Durant as a FA. Davis would take up one of the max slots.
    Doing it this way allows them to keep a couple of the kids and still have like 15-20 million to sign players.

NYYF Legend

Thanks you two for the explanation and clarification.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Triple Crown

New York Knicks: Darius Garland’s High School Coach Knows He Should Go in Top 3

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...-school-coach/

He has no weaknesses,” Smith said.

“He can score at any position, he can score out to thirty feet, he has great midrange, he’s great with his right and left, floaters, around the goal, he’s a great passer. He’s a great shooter, he can play at any spot, and do really well.” While that might be a stretch, it’s true that Garland profiles as an electric scorer at the next level.

Garland may not have the notoriety of an RJ Barrett, but in today’s NBA, I would rather have someone who can shoot and space the floor at a high-level than an isolation scorer with tunnel vision. Another key separator between the two? The end of games. “[Garland] doesn’t miss free throws at the end of games,” Coach Smith told me. “Ja [Morant] isn’t a great free throw shooter. And RJ [Barrett] is terrible. He’s in the sixties. And Darius is going to end up being around ninety. At the end of the game, that’s very important.”

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    New York Knicks: Darius Garland’s High School Coach Knows He Should Go in Top 3

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...-school-coach/

He has no weaknesses,” Smith said.

“He can score at any position, he can score out to thirty feet, he has great midrange, he’s great with his right and left, floaters, around the goal, he’s a great passer. He’s a great shooter, he can play at any spot, and do really well.” While that might be a stretch, it’s true that Garland profiles as an electric scorer at the next level.

Garland may not have the notoriety of an RJ Barrett, but in today’s NBA, I would rather have someone who can shoot and space the floor at a high-level than an isolation scorer with tunnel vision. Another key separator between the two? The end of games. “[Garland] doesn’t miss free throws at the end of games,” Coach Smith told me. “Ja [Morant] isn’t a great free throw shooter. And RJ [Barrett] is terrible. He’s in the sixties. And Darius is going to end up being around ninety. At the end of the game, that’s very important.”
    I saw something else (maybe the ESPN top 100?) that had Garland ahead of Barrett. I think everyone has slotted Barrett 3 because of his pedigree, but I don't think it is a slam dunk. Will be interesting to see this all play out.

NYYF Legend

Perry is a smart guy, he'll go off the board if it's the right move

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Perry is a smart guy, he'll go off the board if it's the right move
    Oh, I agree. It's like the NFL draft a couple years ago when everyone had Darnold as the #1 and the Browns went with Mayfield. The media are an echo chamber around these things, and they often don't have a handle on how players are truly being evaluated.

NYYF Legend

If they're going off the board, they better trade down - even if it's 1-2 slots.

Thread Information