+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Jacksonville Owner Shahid Khan Wants to Move to London

https://talksport.com/football/fa-se...QZBxxFyuJEt.99 says that Shahid Khan, who owns the Jacksonville Jaguars and the soccer club Fulham, wants to buy Wembley Stadium from the English Football Association (FA) that is headquartered there. Wembley normally does not have a club playing there, but Tottenham is there this season until moving into a new stadium for 2018-2019. Wembley hosts the English national team, FA Cup Semifinals and Final, Carabao Cup Final, and promotion finals of leagues below the Premier League (Premier League clubs have no place to be promoted to). An NFL team would restrict Wembley's ability to host the English national team when national teams play in September, October, and November. The analogy I make about what Wembley hosts would be if the Knicks and Rangers left MSG, and it only hosted events like the Big East tournament and concerts.

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Jacksonville Owner Shahid Khan Wants to Move to London

There’s a large and growing fanbase in London.

But from what I read there are still a lot of issues to be discussed such as how the different time zones, travel, logistics, etc...would affect the away teams playing time, preparation,etc...so it may take a very long time.

EDIT: Okay, I just read the article lol. An NFL team in London might be closer than I thought it would be.

NYYF Legend

http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12...ars-draft-pick is titled "Calais Campbell sure London will get NFL team as he prepares to announce Jaguars draft pick." Campbell is a 31 year old defense end who played for Arizona for 9 years and had his first year for Jacksonville last year. He has 154 career games with 420 tackles, 71 sacks, 11 forced fumbles, 9 fumble recoveries, 3 interceptions, 2 touchdowns, and 2 safeties.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    There’s a large and growing fanbase in London.

But from what I read there are still a lot of issues to be discussed such as how the different time zones, travel, logistics, etc...would affect the away teams playing time, preparation,etc...so it may take a very long time.
    No issues, unlike baseball or basketball Football schedules allow for 1 week of jetlag time and it's Goodell's wet dream to have 4 game slots every Sunday (9:00 AM 1:00 PM 4:00 PM 8:00 PM)

London would also be all over this, they would get thousands of new tourists a year from the US spending millions to go on an exotic away game trip

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I could see this working. They'd probably have to give the London team two bye weeks though, for when they play road games on the west coast of the USA.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I could see this working. They'd probably have to give the London team two bye weeks though, for when they play road games on the west coast of the USA.
    no need, teams play consecutive road games all the time. East coast game before jetting over

Thread Information