+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 353 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Noticed a bump on the old Hot Stove thread so started thinking about possible options for our biggest need this summer. Starting pitching? Patrick Corbin perhaps?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Noticed a bump on the old Hot Stove thread so started thinking about possible options for our biggest need this summer. Starting pitching? Patrick Corbin perhaps?
    Why would the 15-6 D-back be looking to trade Corbin?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Look at Arizona's record. Why would they have a fire sale?
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

If it's not Duffy, I think there's a good chance it's going to be a young controllable starter with great pedigree that has struggled with consistency...until this year, when he has put it all together. There will be debate here about whether or not the breakout is real, and some will be upset at the price paid for such a limited track record, but the Yankees will bank on deep-dive analysis that points to this being the new baseline for the guy.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

When Seattle falls out in the West, James Paxton is my dark horse pitching acquisition. Hes the type of guy that Cash loves as a lefty with a great strikeout rate.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    If it's not Duffy, I think there's a good chance it's going to be a young controllable starter with great pedigree that has struggled with consistency...until this year, when he has put it all together. There will be debate here about whether or not the breakout is real, and some will be upset at the price paid for such a limited track record, but the Yankees will bank on deep-dive analysis that points to this being the new baseline for the guy.
    You're describing Manaea.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    You're describing Manaea.
    He was certainly the first name in my head when I started thinking about it.

Taillon, Skaggs (I don't believe in the Angels), Foltynewicz, etc., etc.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Why would the 15-6 D-back be looking to trade Corbin?
    Not sure they would. But since he's in his walk year, maybe they consider seeing what they could get.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

He was certainly the first name in my head when I started thinking about it.

Taillon, Skaggs (I don't believe in the Angels), Foltynewicz, etc., etc.
    Would love to get Gohara. Atlanta would ask a lot for him, if they were to make him available.

Calls a tool a tool

Duffy. Bumgardner. Fulmer.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Would love to get Gohara. Atlanta would ask a lot for him, if they were to make him available.
    Yeah, I'd take Newcomb, too. Those guys don't fall into the category I was talking about though (which means I don't think they'd be available, but who knows).

NYYF Legend

The truth is, assuming he's healthy and SF is willing to deal him, MadBum is precisely who we can use. That's the ideal scenario in so many ways.

Yeah, I'd take Newcomb, too. Those guys don't fall into the category I was talking about though (which means I don't think they'd be available, but who knows).
    Since Gohara has been out and has weight issues, I'd love to steal him from the Braves before he blows up(no pun). Let CC take him under his wings. That's the type of high-end ML-ready pitching talent that we need more of.

NYYF Legend

I'm interested in that Manaea type, however I think this current team calls for a MadBum. It's the Chapman trade for the Cubs. Go for the throat next couple years, inside track of re-sign, and compensation at the very least.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

The truth is, assuming he's healthy and SF is willing to deal him, MadBum is precisely who we can use. That's the ideal scenario in so many ways.
    I think Cash would balk at the price, even if he's accepted the need to consolidate assets into pieces to win a chip.

If the package was something like Andujar, Sheffield, Florial, and the best performing of Abreu/Medina/Tate, I don't think he does it.

No interest in Patrick Corbin?

NYYF Legend

I think Cash would balk at the price, even if he's accepted the need to consolidate assets into pieces to win a chip.

If the package was something like Andujar, Sheffield, Florial, and the best performing of Abreu/Medina/Tate, I don't think he does it.
    I try to make that work without Andj (maybe turn Betances/Drury into something?), but I do that all day.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    No interest in Patrick Corbin?
    As was mentioned already multiple times in this thread, he's likely not going to be traded from a team that's currently leading its division. Especially one that just lost another one of their starters to Tommy John surgery. They'll be looking to acquire pitching this trade deadline, not trying to trade it away.

NYYF Legend

Id cash in the Florial chip before his value goes the other way (Im not a huge fan). I think Sheffield and Florial is a great starting point for SF, and Id add more.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    When Seattle falls out in the West, James Paxton is my dark horse pitching acquisition. Hes the type of guy that Cash loves as a lefty with a great strikeout rate.
    Paxton is someone I would want the Yankees to go after, but he would cost a LOT in terms of prospects. He's in his second year of arbitration and won't be a free agent until 2021. It's the same problem that pretty much everyone that has already been mentioned in this thread has (Fulmer, Taillon, Folty, Skaggs, Manaea, Newcomb, etc). They all won't be free agents until at LEAST 2021, some not until 2023. If you want good, cheap pitching, you're gonna have to give up a package similar to (probably even better than) what the Cubs gave up for Quintana.

MadBum and Duffy are the only pitchers mentioned that's both on a losing team and has a big contract where the team has to think about if they want to swallow that money while they won't be competing for a playoff spot.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I try to make that work without Andj (maybe turn Betances/Drury into something?), but I do that all day.
    I’d cash in the Florial chip before his value goes the other way (I’m not a huge fan). I think Sheffield and Florial is a great starting point for SF, and I’d add more.
    I actually put Andujar instead of Gleyber in there to bring it down a notch, but I think there's then a chance it doesn't get things done. I absolutely see that line of thinking on FLorial, too - I waver back and forth, but have been willing to cash him in in the right scenario for a little while now.

But yeah, I tend to agree that if that's the cost, that's the cost - Bumgarner is that dude.

From the Olney column:

“Maybe two top-tier guys and two second-tier guys,” said an evaluator. “I mean, if any team traded for Bumgarner, it would be [a move] to win the World Series.”
    Hopefully they get more guys making the leap this year, like last season. Then there are more chips at the deadline.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Id cash in the Florial chip before his value goes the other way (Im not a huge fan). I think Sheffield and Florial is a great starting point for SF, and Id add more.
    Throw Frazier in to the mix considering SFs starting OF is a combined 97 years of age (hes a gap guy anyway, right?)..
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Buster Olney Trade Bumgarner Response from McCovey Chronickes

The Giants’ win last night reminded ESPN’s Buster Olney that he needed to make Giants fans feel bad before it got too late in the week.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    Paxton is someone I would want the Yankees to go after, but he would cost a LOT in terms of prospects. He's in his second year of arbitration and won't be a free agent until 2021. It's the same problem that pretty much everyone that has already been mentioned in this thread has (Fulmer, Taillon, Folty, Skaggs, Manaea, Newcomb, etc). They all won't be free agents until at LEAST 2021, some not until 2023. If you want good, cheap pitching, you're gonna have to give up a package similar to (probably even better than) what the Cubs gave up for Quintana.

MadBum and Duffy are the only pitchers mentioned that's both on a losing team and has a big contract where the team has to think about if they want to swallow that money while they won't be competing for a playoff spot.
    Yea he wont come cheap, but the Ms also have bad contracts that the could attach if theyre looking for salary relief and prospects.

I stated a lot of reasons why I would be nervous about a bumgarner trade, but Id probably still advocate for him over a lot of other guys, including paxton
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Thread Information