+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 20 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2074

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Hoch:

Speaking with reporters today, Hal Steinbrenner specifically mentioned Jonathan Loaisiga, Domingo German, Justus Sheffield, Chance Adams & Erik Swanson.

"We've got some options for August and September, but we’re going to look at anything that comes across our desk."

NYYF Legend

https://frsbaseball.com/mlb/yankees/...f-degrom-deal/

A Yankees person suggested there’s no chance the Mets would have ever trade them deGrom, while a Mets person said that they would indeed make a big trade with the Yankees, assuming the Yankees understand that they’d have to pay a premium, just like a division rival might.

The suggestion made at least in broadcast circles was that the Yankees should trade wunderkind infielder Gleyber Torres for deGrom. But as to that, one Yankees person said it won’t happen for two reason: 1) They’ll never trade (deGrom) to us, and 2) We’re not trading Gleyber Torres or Miguel Andujar.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Im officially on board for Brad Hand now. Let’s make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    https://frsbaseball.com/mlb/yankees/...f-degrom-deal/

"A Yankees person suggested there’s no chance the Mets would have ever trade them deGrom, while a Mets person said that they would indeed make a big trade with the Yankees, assuming the Yankees understand that they’d have to pay a premium, just like a division rival might.

The suggestion made at least in broadcast circles was that the Yankees should trade wunderkind infielder Gleyber Torres for deGrom. But as to that, one Yankees person said it won’t happen for two reason: 1) They’ll never trade (deGrom) to us, and 2) We’re not trading Gleyber Torres or Miguel Andujar. "
    What is the rationale or business reason that the Yankees would have to pay a premium? There seems to be a presumption that the Yankees' success harms the Mets' potential earnings/success, which is false. NYC is big enough to sustain two successful teams. The Mets just suck.
    “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    What is the rationale or business reason that the Yankees would have to pay a premium? There seems to be a presumption that the Yankees' success harms the Mets' potential earnings/success, which is false. NYC is big enough to sustain two successful teams. The Mets just suck.
    Perception... that simple..
    If the Mets trade us DeGrom, and we win the world series, the perception will be anywhere from "the Mets helped the Yankees win it all" to "the Mets handed the Yankees the world series trophy".

If it happens, it will effect the bottom line of the Mets. Every year new people become baseball fans. Kids, adults, whomever.. If the Yankees win it all, that pushes more of those new fans to become Yankees fans, it is the fair weather effect. The Mets are not going to help us get there without being given some insurance that mitigates the bottom line of that effect.

The risk of that is enough to think the Mets will, at the very least, demand a premium that they would not demand from others for an ace like Jake, and at the very worst, decide the possible collateral damage is so great that there is no way they'd even consider trading such an impact player to us..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    If the Mets trade us DeGrom, and we win the world series, the perception will be anywhere from "the Mets helped the Yankees win it all" to "the Mets handed the Yankees the world series trophy".

If it happens, it will effect the bottom line of the Mets. Every year new people become baseball fans. Kids, adults, whomever.. If the Yankees win it all, that pushes more of those new fans to become Yankees fans, it is the fair weather effect. The Mets are not going to help us get there without being given some insurance that mitigates the bottom line of that effect.

The risk of that is enough to think the Mets will, at the very least, demand a premium that they would not demand from others for an ace like Jake, and at the very worst, decide the possible collateral damage is so great that there is no way they'd even consider trading such an impact player to us..
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post

assuming the Yankees understand that they’d have to pay a premium, just like a division rival might.

GTFO. Don't even think the ChiSox made the Cubs pay through the nose for Quintana, even though Eloy is really, really good.

Calls a tool a tool

Longoria with hand fracture.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LouisLitt View Post
    GTFO. Don't even think the ChiSox made the Cubs pay through the nose for Quintana, even though Eloy is really, really good.
    Quintana is not on the same level as deGrom. The reality is the Mets are not trading deGrom to the Yankees unless the Yankees overpay.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Quintana is not on the same level as deGrom. The reality is the Mets are not trading deGrom to the Yankees unless the Yankees overpay.
    They won't make that trade even with the overpay unless the Yankees give up Torres too. They have to win that trade without a doubt to satisfy their fanbase.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...miguel_an.html

Report: Yankees won't trade Gleyber Torres, Miguel Andujar for Mets' Jacob deGrom
    Updated 5:44 PM; Posted 4:45 PM
    According to Jon Heyman of FanRag, a Yankees official doubts the Mets ever would trade deGrom to their crosstown rival while adding that any deal won't include Andujar and/or Torres.

If Torres and Andujar are untouchable, the Yankees would have to try to build a deal around their stock farm system, but it's believed the Mets are looking for Major League ready young talent.

Possible names to come up with trade talks include high A Tampa center fielder Estevan Florial and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre left-hander Justus Sheffield, the Yankees' top two prospects.

deGrom, 29, is having a great season, as he's 4-2 with a 1.55 ERA in 14 starts with 113 strikeouts in 87 1/3 innings.

NYYF Legend

What a lazy terrible article.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    They won't make that trade even with the overpay unless the Yankees give up Torres too. They have to win that trade without a doubt to satisfy their fanbase.
    Right.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

"Chris
    1:49Florial, Andujar and Sheffield for DeGram-who says no?

Keith Law
    1:49The Yankees. I wouldn't do that and I think Florial has been wildly overrated by people who haven't seen him play."j added,

https://t.co/BXtpjWsvj3

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...miguel_an.html

Report: Yankees won't trade Gleyber Torres, Miguel Andujar for Mets' Jacob deGrom
    Updated 5:44 PM; Posted 4:45 PM
    According to Jon Heyman of FanRag, a Yankees official doubts the Mets ever would trade deGrom to their crosstown rival while adding that any deal won't include Andujar and/or Torres.

If Torres and Andujar are untouchable, the Yankees would have to try to build a deal around their stock farm system, but it's believed the Mets are looking for Major League ready young talent.

Possible names to come up with trade talks include high A Tampa center fielder Estevan Florial and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre left-hander Justus Sheffield, the Yankees' top two prospects.

deGrom, 29, is having a great season, as he's 4-2 with a 1.55 ERA in 14 starts with 113 strikeouts in 87 1/3 innings.

I hope this is true. I don't want Gleyber or Andujar going in a trade....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......

NYYF Legend

This.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Honestly I don't think they'd trade deGrom to the Yankees even if the Yankees re-animated Babe Ruth and sent him over. One thing everyone is glossing over is, Fred Wilpon hates, hates HATES the Yankees. By several accounts he was furious when the Yankees traded for Giancarlo Stanton, even though a rational observer would say the Yankees did the Mets a mild favor by taking a major hitter on a division rival out of the league. He's old, do you think he wants to risk being remembered as the guy who handed the Yankees the 2018 World Series? Not in this lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    What a lazy terrible article.
    Randy Miller ladies and gents. Hes from the old school of doing no research and throwing garbage out. Kuty does a good job, though.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Jon Gray seems like an interesting buy low option.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Jon Gray seems like an interesting buy low option.
    Interesting idea, would definitely look at him, probably not available for another month, the Rockies still contending in the sluggish NL West and they have to know how wildly he's underperforming his FIP. I like the thought though, put him on the "maybe" list.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    This.

Honestly I don't think they'd trade deGrom to the Yankees even if the Yankees re-animated Babe Ruth and sent him over. One thing everyone is glossing over is, Fred Wilpon hates, hates HATES the Yankees. By several accounts he was furious when the Yankees traded for Giancarlo Stanton, even though a rational observer would say the Yankees did the Mets a mild favor by taking a major hitter on a division rival out of the league. He's old, do you think he wants to risk being remembered as the guy who handed the Yankees the 2018 World Series? Not in this lifetime.
    Exactly.. For the Mets to consider a deal like this, we'd have to pay so much that it would be the Yankees who would say no. Something like Gleyber AND Torres AND Sheffield/Frazier. It would have to be so good for the Mets that even if the Yankees won the whole thing this year they would not care..

The way I look at it is this.. Imagine us being out of the race and trading a guy like Severino to the Red Sox.. The return would have to be so epic that we would not care if the Sox went out and won the world series.. Something like Betts AND Benintendi AND Devers etc... It would get to the point where the Red Sox would have to hang up the phone.. Just would not happen..

I'm all for seeing if a surprise ace emerges, but right now get a big reliever, and make the pen a literal fortress of invincibility. Looking beyond the season same issue, so maybe add a bat to that reliever and bash away, have starter keep in game, go to dominant pen... These days starters are having their importance mitigated. Have Sevy and 4 guys who don't get blown out, have the fiercest lineup you can, score a few, hand to a pen that never surrenders leads. It's a fine recipe for success..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Solid, very clear explanation of the issue. Well done!!

i dont want to wait, i want to get a SP now. whats gonna happen if you wait til july to get JA Happ? more teams will think they have a shot and the price goes up. get him now

http://riveraveblues.com/2018/06/mai...razier-172847/

Anonymous asks: One of the less mentioned trade partners is an old friend, do you think the A’s would part with one of Trevor Cahill, Sean Manaea, or Daniel Mengden?

I’m certain they’d trade Cahill, who is a one-year contract and has been on the disabled list a few times already. He’s been great when healthy, pitching to a 2.77 ERA (3.03 FIP) with very good strikeout (25.0%), walk (5.9%), and grounder (60.2%) rates in 48.2 innings. That walk rate is way out of line with the rest of his career. It’s been north of 10% the last few years. Cahill could be a lower cost depth pickup a la Jaime Garcia last season.

Mengden is one of my favorite pitchers to watch and both he and Manaea are younger guys with several years of control. Manaea’s an interesting one. How good is he really? He has a 3.49 ERA (4.42 FIP) this year. It was 4.37 ERA (4.10 FIP) last year. And yet, I feel like the asking price would be extremely high. That isn’t to say he would be a bad trade target. I’m just not sure what to make of him. Is he truly a difference-maker? Or he just a guy who stabilizes the rotation and gives you innings? He’s worth a deeper dive at some point should the A’s actually make him available.

Thread Information