+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 174 175 176 177
Results 4,401 to 4,409 of 4409

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...y-machado.html

Looks like itís done. Not a bad haul, but no other top prospects besides Diaz.
    Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
    consensus in deals like this, but every evaluator I've asked thinks Baltimore did well in Manny Machado trade. Also think with the strong market -- Brewers, Phillies, Diamondbacks and others -- and deep system the Dodgers could overpay. Mutually beneficial deal.

People every year think the Al east and the Mets will deal with the Yankees and that is not going to happen this time or next time.

Manny would have taken way more then our #4 prospect and for either Met starter it would take even way more.

The Yankees will trade for Happ or some other guy or maybe 2 pitchers and go with the rest they have now.

It will be the off season after the reset button hits i want to see them get back to singing a ace or 2. After servino you have to add another #1 maybe 2 of them this off season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFan4Life View Post
    Yankee comps to what Baltimore got? Florial plus some lower ranked guys?
    Yeah.

Florial, Nelson/Green/Whitlock, and Gilliam type stuff.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

I would be worried about Harvey because of media.

I donít think Ellsbury would agree to go to The Reds.
    Also, if the Yankees are collecting insurance money to offset his salary Iím not sure they would want to move him now.
    However, could NYY swing Abreu and Ellsbury for Greinke?
    Ells might be open to AZ.

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyace View Post
    Cards fan here, let me give you some background on Carlos this year. He started out pitching like an Ace then he suffered his first significant injury in his career in the majors. After a very short stent in rehab he went back into the rotation and was horrible his first 3 games back walking 18 batters in 12 innings with diminished velocity. The reaso was as he admitted was that the injury scared him and he was reluctant to go all out. Since then his last 4 starts have been against the Indians, at Arizona and SanFran and the red hot Reds. In 24 innings he has struck out 22 while walking 5 with a 3.00 era. While not Degrom he would be the second best pitcher on your staff. Combine that with his 5 years of control with his two team option years makes him a very desirable trade target if the Cards are thinking about trading him.

Hi. Thanx for the info...

I thought about Martinez. I have a couple friends who follow STL. They say Martinez is a head case. If Molina cant get his head on straight how would the Yankees do it??....

The times I see Martinez pitch in a big game. It seems like he does well but then out of no where he implodes. We already have a head case Gray. Don't really need another. Not saying Martinez isn't better then Gray....

>>>>Proposal: RHP Carlos Martinez to the Yankees for LHP Justus Sheffield, 3B Miguel Andujar, RHP Domingo Acevedo and RHP Cody Carroll<<<<

I hope Cashman hangs up the phone if that's what STL wants....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    I would be worried about Harvey because of media.

I don’t think Ellsbury would agree to go to The Reds.
    Also, if the Yankees are collecting insurance money to offset his salary I’m not sure they would want to move him now.
    However, could NYY swing Abreu and Ellsbury for Greinke?
    Ells might be open to AZ.
    dbacks a 1/2 gm back I doubt they want to trade greinke at this point

for anyone let alone ellsbury

The Grienke rumors popped up last offseason as the Dbacks were wanting to find money to try and resign JD. That ship has sailed at least for now.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    .......Let's go Cash. On to the next one.
    This times a million billion. I keep looking back for any morsel of a legit rumor.

NYYF Legend

I mentioned Taillon in passing a few months ago and I see CP was talking him up earlier today. That would be an interesting (and realistic, for a change) guy to target, I think. Has been a bit of an underachiever in Pittsburgh but remember he had serious health problems in 2017 (testicular cancer) that appear to be behind him. Also, if you like FIP (I'm meh on it but throwing this out there), FIP says he's been somewhat unlucky this year and last.

He'll cost, for sure, but for the stretch he's at worst a big upgrade on German and at best, possible breakout guy in years to come. He's 26.

Thread Information