+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Having the first pick in the MLB Rule 4 draft is not like having the #1 pick in the NFL draft - most draft picks will take at least a couple of seasons to get to the majors.

As such, I would have no issue with trading a first round pick for a FOTR starting pitcher with extensive ML experience.

Essentially, it would be like trading the pick for Carson Wentz (pre-injury).
    You didn't answer the question.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    If you just keep in the AAA you'll lose them one way or another.
    How so? Top prospects in AAA are on the 40-man, they can't go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    You keep saying this but offer no elaboration.

Bumgarner is about as rock solid an investment as any starter in recent memory. Who would you want that offers less risk?

The problem with Bumgarner is not risk, the only problem is that it may be a pipedream that SF ever makes him available.
    I stated multiple risk factors that make me weary.

But nearly every starting pitcher, if not literally every one comes with some degree of risk.
    I think as highly, if not higher, of bumgarner as anybody

To answer your question, I canít really think of a top 10-15 starting pitcher thatís going to be available
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    I stated multiple risk factors that make me weary.
    Sorry then, I guess I missed them. Do you mind repeating?

I just find it hard to find an argument against Bumgarner. He has a lot of mileage on his arm? He's still only 28, which is crazy, and outside of freak accidents (ATV, comebacker) has been the picture of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Sorry then, I guess I missed them. Do you mind repeating?

I just find it hard to find an argument against Bumgarner. He has a lot of mileage on his arm? He's still only 28, which is crazy, and outside of freak accidents (ATV, comebacker) has been the picture of health.
    The freak injuries are a concern, but they could actually turn out to be a blessing.

I think the park and league/league switch are legitimate risk factors. I’m not saying he’s going to blow up like sonny gray. I just don’t know what to expect. Is he going to dominate the American League? He’s good enough to. He’s a big game pitcher which is really why we would get him. Flat out has stones.

If he’s avaialble at the deadline he likely will be the best pitcher available... if that time comes it’d be hard not to get on bored with a trade.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    You didn't answer the question.
    Yes, I did - look at the second sentence. I stated that I would have no problem trading a first round draft pick for a FOTR pitcher.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Yes, I did - look at the second sentence. I stated that I would have no problem trading a first round draft pick for a FOTR pitcher.
    Ah, so you believe Paxton is a FOTR pitcher. I wasn't willing to make that leap implicitly on someone's post.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Ah, so you believe Paxton is a FOTR pitcher. I wasn't willing to make that leap implicitly on someone's post.
    FOTR means #1 or #2 - I can see Paxton (as he is pitching these days) as a #2, yes.

That having been said, I don't seem him on the market.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

FOTR means #1 or #2 - I can see Paxton (as he is pitching these days) as a #2, yes.

That having been said, I don't seem him on the market.
    To me FOTR means #1 or #2 who can be counted on for 30+ starts without fear.

NYYF Legend

"Teams are already kind of sniffing around," one National League executive said. "The teams out of contention, they may not be actively looking to make deals yet, but they're definitely gauging the market already."
    So why don't more deals take place before the calendar turns to July?

"Being in the position of a seller, it's simple economics; the more supply that's out there in the marketplace, the harder it is to get the price you want," the AL GM said. "If you find a buyer early on, you have a better chance of executing a deal. A lot of buyers might think, 'If we just wait until the end of July, the market will be saturated and the prices will come down.' You'll have these two philosophies. If you want to be a seller and move money, you'll probably be better off trying to find something earlier."

"Look at what Jay Bruce and J.D. Martinez got last year; there weren't huge markets or huge returns for them," a second AL GM said. "So if you're a potential seller, are you inclined to move quickly because you think there's a finite number of good prospects that will be traded at the Deadline? Or are you inclined to wait, because aside from getting a windfall for someone like Manny Machado, might you get more desperate suitors the closer you get to July 31?"
    https://www.mlb.com/news/trade-deadl...pe/c-276786374
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

How so? Top prospects in AAA are on the 40-man, they can't go anywhere.
    Injury, age, won't develop because they're stuck in AAA when they should be seeing MLB competition, other prospects in the farm can't make their way to 40 man roster, etc.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Injury, age, won't develop because they're stuck in AAA when they should be seeing MLB competition, other prospects in the farm can't make their way to 40 man roster, etc.
    This does not compute. Not every prospect gets injured. You can still develop in AAA. Not every player in AAA is ready for MLB and there is less of a chance when you are a top team like the Yankees. The other players will force their way onto the 40 man when they are either ready or have to be added.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Yeah, I don't see that as dying on the vine, to me it's just a delay that's actually in favor of the org that he's signed to. It certainly sucks for the prospect, but that's part of the business if the Yankees want it to be.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Yeah, I don't see that as dying on the vine, to me it's just a delay that's actually in favor of the org that he's signed to. It certainly sucks for the prospect, but that's part of the business if the Yankees want it to be.
    Waiting till they develop is one thing, but they're only going to get so good facing AAA competition. Facing real MLB pitchers/hitters is going to up their game.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Neil Walker or Drury would be a good piece for Seattle. What could we reasonably ask for in return?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Neil Walker or Drury would be a good piece for Seattle. What could we reasonably ask for in return?
    Interesting question.

Since they are most likely not parting with any of their starters, I would aim for a couple of their top-rated prospects for Drury, or 1 top rated prospect and a lottery ticket for Walker.

And throw in Ben Gamel's hair.....

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Interesting question.

Since they are most likely not parting with any of their starters, I would aim for a couple of their top-rated prospects for Drury, or 1 top rated prospect and a lottery ticket for Walker.

I heard this morning that they're shifting Gordon back to 2nd base and are looking for a CF, but one that doesn't have any long-term contract attached to him.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Interesting question.

Iíd consider a package centered around Nick Rumbelow and Anthony Misiewicz.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Iíd consider a package centered around Nick Rumbelow and Anthony Misiewicz.
    Please tell me why I shouldn't use all caps and multiple explanation points to rebuke this post...

https://sports.yahoo.com/japanese-pi...173900051.html

Good Article on Yusei Kikuchi

Kikuchi features a hard fastball that has been clocked as high as 98.2 mph, which is an NPB record for a left-handed pitcher. His money pitch, however, is a hard slider that falls off the table. Kikuchi also mixes in a curve and changeup. His delivery features an arm action in which he hides the ball well until the last moment

2019 Yankees offseason Plans

Sign Corbin

Get Kikuchi

Sign Harper

Decline option on CC and Gardner.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/japanese-pi...173900051.html

Good Article on Yusei Kikuchi

Kikuchi features a hard fastball that has been clocked as high as 98.2 mph, which is an NPB record for a left-handed pitcher. His money pitch, however, is a hard slider that falls off the table. Kikuchi also mixes in a curve and changeup. His delivery features an arm action in which he hides the ball well until the last moment

2019 Yankees offseason Plans

Sign Corbin

Get Kikuchi

Sign Harper

Decline option on CC and Gardner.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W10H3K0T14

NYYF Legend

What does Yusei Kikuchi have to do with 2018 trades?
    Calmer than you are

What does Yusei Kikuchi have to do with 2018 trades?
    I don't know. where do I posted then? if not Yankees 2018 thread.

NYYF Legend

Walker, Fungible BP arm maybe.

Druzy, about what he was traded for. Couple of lower prospects with promise.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    I don't know. where do I posted then? if not Yankees 2018 thread.
    Here:
    http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...al-Free-Agency

Or just don't post it. Please post quality in the correct threads not quantity.
    Calmer than you are

Thread Information