+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 376 377 378 379
Results 9,451 to 9,454 of 9454
  1. #9451
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Josh Donaldson (14 games w/ Cleveland): wRC+160. .415 OBP. 17.0 BB%. 15.1 K%.

    Needs to be our 3B next year. Forget throwing 10 years at Machado.
    I have no issues with engaging him in discussions, but at what price? What kind of contract do you think he is going to command.

    Donaldson has basically play one season out of the last two, so injuries would concern me in any LT contract. In addition, he turns 33 in December and likely will need to become a DH down the line and he made $23M this year.

    So, what do you offer him and what becomes the no go past line?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  2. #9452

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Josh Donaldson (14 games w/ Cleveland): wRC+160. .415 OBP. 17.0 BB%. 15.1 K%.

    Needs to be our 3B next year. Forget throwing 10 years at Machado.
    After a year of ongoing injury issues, are you really using a 14 game sample size to plead your case?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  3. #9453

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Josh Donaldson (14 games w/ Cleveland): wRC+160. .415 OBP. 17.0 BB%. 15.1 K%.

    Needs to be our 3B next year. Forget throwing 10 years at Machado.
    Would’ve been a great deadline acquisition, but pass on his next contract. I’d rather wait a year for Rendon. Unless he’d sign a short term deal which I doubt considering he apparently already passed on 3yr 75M.

  4. #9454
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I have no issues with engaging him in discussions, but at what price? What kind of contract do you think he is going to command.

    Donaldson has basically play one season out of the last two, so injuries would concern me in any LT contract. In addition, he turns 33 in December and likely will need to become a DH down the line and he made $23M this year.

    So, what do you offer him and what becomes the no go past line?
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Would’ve been a great deadline acquisition, but pass on his next contract. I’d rather wait a year for Rendon. Unless he’d sign a short term deal which I doubt considering he apparently already passed on 3yr 75M.
    I think he'd take something short-term to re-coup his value. I wouldn't go over 2 years. He didn't pass on 3/75m, Toronto never made that offer.

    According to a report by Jon Heyman of Fancred, "Contrary to some suggestions out there that they never talked numbers or made an offer, word is the Jays extended an offer for more than the three-year, $75 million deal the Phillies gave to free agent pitcher Jake Arrieta, another major star older than 30. The belief is they were flexible to go at least a bit higher.''

    In an email statement to ESPN.com and other media outlets, agent Dan Lozano of the MVP Sports Group denied that the Blue Jays and Donaldson ever engaged in contract talks.

    "The fact is that the team never extended an offer to Josh, no years or dollars were ever specifically discussed, and it's unfair to Josh for someone to repeatedly misrepresent his business affairs citing their 'beliefs,''' Lozano said.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...on-offer-trade
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts