+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 184 185 186 187
Results 4,651 to 4,658 of 4658

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    I feel like there's a lot of trying force a square peg through a round hole here. None of the available options make sense for us to give up promising prospects. You trade a prospect now for a middling reliever and you don't have that prospect available for an offseason deal for an ace.

It is what is. Could be that this is just not our year.
    He has to trade some prospects because he has a 40 man roster crunch. Perhaps for some IFA monies, prospects that don't need to be protected on the 40 man and another reliever. Either way, Cashman does not panic and won't do anything stupid to jeopardize the long-term plan.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    According to Boston Globe, Nick Cafardo's O' scouting Portland Double-A Redsox Top prospect #1 3rd baseman Michael Chavis and others in Redsox farm system.

Do we offer Florial+Frazier for Britton?
    I don't do this if we can't also throw in Sheffield and Andujar, think of all the 40 man space we'd clear!

With no deGrom trade, Harvey makes the most sense based on cost and recent production.

And I really don't like Harvey.

Like someone mentioned, bonus is Harvey success will make Met fans heads explode.

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Yanks are absolutely loaded with win now talent, have payroll flexibility and a chest of prospects, but absolutely no SP's to spend either their money or prospects on in the next 5-6 months.

Which is why a lot of us wanted him to really try to handle this in the off-season and not play the "wait until July!" game but alas and alack.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Comerica is the 10th most run producing park in baseball this season. YS is 6th.

He showed signs of getting better, before that Houston start (6/8-7/8), he had a 3.10 ERA/1.11 WHIP over 40 innings.

ERA/FIP/fWAR/IP:
    Fulmer: 4.50/4.26/1.4/112
    Tanaka: 4.54/4.90/0.6/83.1
    German: 5.49/4.22/0.7/78.2
    Gray: 5.46/4.3/1.1/90.2

I'd love to use bWAR, but b-ref not displaying. However, I'm pretty he'd be higher in that category as well. He's been more valuable than 3/5 of our rotation.
    Exactly, Right now, even with his down season, would be better than what we have in place. And he easily has the potential of being a #2 starter give the time, hes still young and has displayed it before in the AL.

I don't know what better options we have, at least Fulmer would give us a long term #3 starter, best cast #2 starter in a rotation that we could build on with free agency next year (add Kershaw at best and Corbin [longtime Yankee fan] at worst).

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Comerica is the 10th most run producing park in baseball this season. YS is 6th.

He showed signs of getting better, before that Houston start (6/8-7/8), he had a 3.10 ERA/1.11 WHIP over 40 innings.

ERA/FIP/fWAR/IP:
    Fulmer: 4.50/4.26/1.4/112
    Tanaka: 4.54/4.90/0.6/83.1
    German: 5.49/4.22/0.7/78.2
    Gray: 5.46/4.3/1.1/90.2

I'd love to use bWAR, but b-ref not displaying. However, I'm pretty he'd be higher in that category as well. He's been more valuable than 3/5 of our rotation.
    Dude, that's straight cherry picking. You're picking his starts between a 6IP/4ER start anda 4.2IP/7ER start. He's also pitching in the crappiest division- NL Central, in Comerica. If he's an upgrade at all to Gray or German, he's not much of an upgrade and would cost prospects. None of them are someone you can rely on in October or against a good offense at all (which the Sox, Astros and Indians all have, in spades).
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Dude, that's straight cherry picking. You're picking his starts between a 6IP/4ER start anda 4.2IP/7ER start. He's also pitching in the crappiest division- NL Central, in Comerica. If he's an upgrade at all to Gray or German, he's not much of an upgrade and would cost prospects. None of them are someone you can rely on in October or against a good offense at all (which the Sox, Astros and Indians all have, in spades).
    Cherrypicking? Duh? You said he's shown no signs of getting better.

I'm showing you a stretch (a recent one). That's literally what a 'sign of getting better' would be.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Of the guys who are rumored to actually be available, I actively like Fulmer and Wheeler if the right valuation can be agreed upon.

Everyone else I can do with out, with some of them (Happ/Lynn) creating feelings of aversion.

Also, I keep waiting for the Stroman rumor mill to heat up.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Thread Information