+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 352 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 349 350 351 352
Results 8,776 to 8,785 of 8785
  1. #8776
    Calls a tool a tool
    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Donaldson hasnít even begun his rehab assignment yet.
    Referring to 2019

  2. #8777
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Valencia available at league minimum salary right now. But nah, letís just keep running Shane Robinson out there against lefties.
    I would point out thst no other team seems eager to sign Danny Valencia either.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  3. #8778

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I would point out thst no other team seems eager to sign Danny Valencia either.
    I doubt they would beating down the door to sign Shane Robinson if he was a free agent, too
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  4. #8779
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I doubt they would beating down the door to sign Shane Robinson if he was a free agent, too
    Seriously. All that matters to us is that Valencia is better than Robinson. I donít care why other organizations are not signing him.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  5. #8780

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Seriously. All that matters to us is that Valencia is better than Robinson. I donít care why other organizations are not signing him.
    Agreed. Although I guess it's interesting I mean how bad can a guy be in the clubhouse that no one wants a versatile good right-handed platoon bat especially with rosters expanding soon.

  6. #8781
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I would much rather add Donaldson and move Andujar to DH. Stanton to RF, Judge to LF. Give Bird until the 2019 trade deadline. Sign Charlie morton. Resign Happ. Use 5th spot for auditions...Adams, Sheff, Lasagna, German, Monty.
    Donaldson such a dope buy low candidate next year.

    I'd probably try to get Pearce next season as well.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  7. #8782
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    @JonHeyman


    Jays hope is to start Josh Donaldson’s rehab next week, put him on trade waivers when he’s ready to play in majors and find a trade partner.

    .......
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  8. #8783
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Donaldson such a dope buy low candidate next year.
    How low is low?

    I'm a little concerned about his injuries TBH. I know it was only diagnosed as inflammation, but his shoulder was a problem early this season. I didn't see him much after the first month of the year, but dude couldn't even make throws across the diamond. Less than a month after that ~3 week DL stint for the shoulder, he goes back on the DL with the calf injury that has cost him more than two months with a number of setbacks. This after he missed most of April and May 2017 with a calf injury.

    And I know he only racked up ~160 AB, but his exit velocity is down for the fourth straight year. Contact rates way down. K rate up. ISOP had been running in the ~.260 range, down to ~.190 this year.

    He might be one of those guys whose bodies just start betraying them early in their career.

    If the Yankees whiff on Machado, AND Donaldson were willing to take a pillow contract, that would be very interesting. But anything requiring large $$ and multiple years would probably scare me off.

  9. #8784
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    How low is low?

    I'm a little concerned about his injuries TBH. I know it was only diagnosed as inflammation, but his shoulder was a problem early this season. I didn't see him much after the first month of the year, but dude couldn't even make throws across the diamond. Less than a month after that ~3 week DL stint for the shoulder, he goes back on the DL with the calf injury that has cost him more than two months with a number of setbacks. This after he missed most of April and May 2017 with a calf injury.

    And I know he only racked up ~160 AB, but his exit velocity is down for the fourth straight year. Contact rates way down. K rate up. ISOP had been running in the ~.260 range, down to ~.190 this year.

    He might be one of those guys whose bodies just start betraying them early in their career.

    If the Yankees whiff on Machado, AND Donaldson were willing to take a pillow contract, that would be very interesting. But anything requiring large $$ and multiple years would probably scare me off.
    Depends how he looks when he comes back. His defense despite the arm, was still better than Andj at 3B. His range is really good. A lot better. He's still walking 13-15%, and even though his exit velocity is down. He was still top 50 last year. I'd guess if he's healthy that's closer the guy he is.

    ...and I don't know what this means, but he's only had 8 yrs in the league. Not a ton of wear and tear. I wouldn't go over 3 years with Donaldson, maybe even closer to 2.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  10. #8785

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    I don't think it's what will actually happen, but part of me still fantasizes about setting up a joint meeting with Machado and Harper like the Warriors did with Durant and offering them matching deals to be part of the greatest lineup in history. They wouldn't be the highest offers but you could offer them maybe matching 5/175 deals with multiple player optouts, and Cashman would still have money to get Happ and Corbin and Miller and not lose any young talent they didn't want to move.

    Hicks CF
    Judge RF
    Harper DH/LF
    Stanton LF/DH
    Machado 3B
    Sanchez C
    Didi SS
    Andujar/Bird 1B
    Gleyber 2B

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts