+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 379 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 355 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 9454
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tullydew View Post
    Grandy may stink, McCutchen may be past his prime

Both are much better than Shane Robinson.
    Exactly. The goal should be to field the best possible team every night if they are indeed trying to catch the Red Sox. Grandy and McCutchen are obviously past their prime but both are going to give you better at bats than Shane Robinson. With that said, some of this concern could be mitigated if they just stopped treating Stanton like a DH.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tullydew View Post
    Grandy may stink, McCutchen may be past his prime

Both are much better than Shane Robinson.
    In addition, there are other guys out there that would have made sense that don't get mentioned.

I don't know if Mark Reynolds cleared waivers, but he'd make a lot of sense for us. He's not even playing anymore with the Nationals. Danny Valencia was another.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    THIS!!!!

We're not looking for an all star. But with Judge still hurting and not close to being back, what we need is someone better than Shane Robinson. That should not be hard to find..

My personal opinion is they are waiting for Clint.. and may have gotten caught with their pants down a bit on Judge taking longer than expected..
    Yep, and this is why I never buy into the "well when player A returns (from being injured) it will be just like making a trade". There is too much uncertainty with injuries. I like the Happ and Lynn acquisitions but not adding a bat at the deadline was a major fail on Cashman's part.

Calls a tool a tool

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    If CC comes back to the Yankees, I can't see it as a long man/spot starter in the bullpen. And a $6M number - I don't see that either.
    Do you propose wasting another year of 40-man roster space on all these young players without finding out what they can do, so CC can fill that 5th spot. Or do you see CC in the 4th slot? As I said before, its been documented that he has a very large jump in his BAA his thrid time thru the lineup, which limits his usefulness as a starter, unless its a blowout game.

Calls a tool a tool

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Agree on the 1 year deal, especially if he does not show much after he returns this season. Probably a lower value contract with a bunch of incentives, like games played or plate appearances.

Can't see anyone giving him something along the lines of 3/$50+.
    How bout 1 year with a couple option years? He could split time at 3rd, moving Adujar to DH part time and 3b part time. Should help our D quite a bit in those games. Also can form a platoon at 1B with Bird against lhp's, and give us a great option at 1B if Bird gets injured or craps out. I like this a lot more than Machado for 350 million dollars.

NYYF Legend

If it's between Donaldson sub 3 years and Machado at 10/250m, I'd go Donaldson all day.

Guy is a RISP god. Career .973 OPS RISP v .818 OPS with no one on. Even this season, injured, he's killed it (1.119 OPS).

Going back to 2016 (283 PAs), he has a wRC+ 171 w/RISP. BB 18%.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    How bout 1 year with a couple option years? He could split time at 3rd, moving Adujar to DH part time and 3b part time. Should help our D quite a bit in those games. Also can form a platoon at 1B with Bird against lhp's, and give us a great option at 1B if Bird gets injured or craps out. I like this a lot more than Machado for 350 million dollars.
    Unlikely that Donaldson signs with anyone who will not have a clear path to regular starts at 3B. he isn't going anywhere where he has to be involved in any kind of platoon situation. And since Bird, assuming he is back in 2019, is the starter at least against all RH pitchers, and the DH slot needs to be open for Stanton/Judge/Sanchez, so Donaldson does not really fit here unless Andujar becomes a super-platoon guy - like a player at 1B, OF, as well as 3B. And I don't see that happening to him.

Calls a tool a tool

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Unlikely that Donaldson signs with anyone who will not have a clear path to regular starts at 3B. he isn't going anywhere where he has to be involved in any kind of platoon situation. And since Bird, assuming he is back in 2019, is the starter at least against all RH pitchers, and the DH slot needs to be open for Stanton/Judge/Sanchez, so Donaldson does not really fit here unless Andujar becomes a super-platoon guy - like a player at 1B, OF, as well as 3B. And I don't see that happening to him.

I think there is plenty of playing time, especially with all the rest they give every one. Could give Donaldson 130 games at 3b and 30 on the bench. For Andujar 30 at 3b, 30 at 1b, and 70 at DH. Sanchez catch 130 and bench 30. Primary outfield of Hicks, Judge and Stanton, with Ells as 4th outfielder, and you still have 90 DH games to fill with Hicks, Judge and Stanton. So that works out to 100 OF starts, 30 DH starts and 30 days on the bench each, with the 4th outfielder getting about 90 OF starts. And you have Frazxier in AAA to back up Ells for 2019.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Do you propose wasting another year of 40-man roster space on all these young players without finding out what they can do, so CC can fill that 5th spot. Or do you see CC in the 4th slot? As I said before, its been documented that he has a very large jump in his BAA his thrid time thru the lineup, which limits his usefulness as a starter, unless its a blowout game.
    I didn't propose anything - I simply disagreed with your premise where you opined that a CC return to the Yankees as a long man/spot starter at $6M would be acceptable to you,

In my opinion, if CC is not given assurances that he will be a starting pitcher being paid something around his current year salary of $10M, I do not see him returning to the Yankees. I also do not see CC signing with any other team than the Yankees.

We have a lot of depth in SP in the minors as you pointed out - it would be more logical that one of those arms - Jonathan Loaisiga comes to mind - fill that role.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    As a bonus, Bumgarner would be an upgrade over Shane Robinson offensively.

The Phillies acquired Justin Bour and cash considerations for a minor league pitcher per Rosenthal. Obviously, Cashman's not ready to throw in the towel on Bird.

Edit: with link and corrected first name. http://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7867/justin-bour

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The Phillies acquired Jason Bour and cash considerations for a minor league pitcher per Rosenthal. Obviously, Cashman's not ready to throw in the towel on Bird.
    Who is Jason Bour?
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Who is Jason Bour?
    Jason Borne's cousin.

But seriously, we could have used Bour and given up a low arm while Judge is recovering. .
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

Phillies were ahead of the Yankees in the waiver order and put in a claim. Bour was never available to the Yankees.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    Phillies were ahead of the Yankees in the waiver order and put in a claim. Bour was never available to the Yankees.
    I think people forget this factor - that is why I can't see MadBum ever getting to the Yankees. Someone in the NL would claim him.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    Ah. Good call.

Could have traded for him before the deadline though. Same with Gallo.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Os Designated Valencia. Any interest?
    Rich

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule2000 View Post
    1000%.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Wow. Hell yes.

Surely you're not suggesting that Yankees part ways with Shane Robinson? That's just crazy talk.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    1000%.
    If he takes Shane Robinsons spot, I'll drive my brand new Alfa Romeo to wherever he is and pick him up personally.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    If he takes Shane Robinsons spot, I'll drive my brand new Alfa Romeo to wherever he is and pick him up personally.
    Ferrari or GTFO
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Umm, that's like asking if I have any interest in seeing Gal Gadot naked.

If hes not a Yankee tomorrow someone else better have claimed him.

Thread Information