+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboots View Post
    Agreed.

Now, Andujar? Little more willing to part ways with him for a LEGIT ace. It’s a tough decision, but one that Cashman may have to come to if he truly wants to bolster teh starting rotation.
    ? I love that people think Andujar brings back an ace starter. If he's the headliner in a deal, you'd be lucky to get a solid #3. So, if you want a "LEGIT ace" you better be prepared to part with prospects a lot more painful than MA.

*And I'm a big Miguel fan.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    ? I love that people think Andujar brings back an ace starter. If he's the headliner in a deal, you'd be lucky to get a solid #3. So, if you want a "LEGIT ace" you better be prepared to part with prospects a lot more painful than MA.

*And I'm a big Miguel fan.

Agreed. The time to deal Andujar for a SP with ace upside was already missed this offseason with Cole. His value has dropped since then, imo.

Let's all face it, Yankees aren't getting a new ace pitcher for at least two years because they're all either locked up long term/on cheap contracts or on playoff teams or teams that refuse to trade with Yankees (Mets/AL East).

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    Agreed. The time to deal Andujar for a SP with ace upside was already missed this offseason with Cole. His value has dropped since then, imo.

Let's all face it, Yankees aren't getting a new ace pitcher for at least two years because they're all either locked up long term/on cheap contracts or on playoff teams or teams that refuse to trade with Yankees (Mets/AL East).
    How has Andujarís value dropped? The Yankees undervalued Cole, but I think Andujarís value has only gone up given what heís shown so far in the majors with clear room to grow.

Agree that heís probably not pulling in an Ace starter without some other high end guys in the deal, but his value certainly hasnít dropped.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    How has Andujarís value dropped? The Yankees undervalued Cole, but I think Andujarís value has only gone up given what heís shown so far in the majors with clear room to grow.

Agree that heís probably not pulling in an Ace starter without some other high end guys in the deal, but his value certainly hasnít dropped.
    I'm guessing the fact that he's walked only 3 times in 138 PAs can't be exactly pumping up his value right now.

I still think he has a lot of value and upside but I wouldn't say his value has risen so far this year.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'm leaning more towards moving Andj. It's just not plausible Andj become an offensive force with his lack of BBs. Problem is there an excess of 3B talent out there.

I want to see Drury more, I'm just really fearful of his defense. The Yankees seem to be sold on him at 3B, they have to have some data I'm not seeing.
    Sheesh, it's his first season and he's only 23.

Cano had a terrible lack of BB's his couple of years in the league also.

NYYF Legend

they need a reliever just as much as a SP, imo... robertson and green look like they're still hungover from later year's playoffs... chapman is the only one who's been himself

herrera would be a nice get, but he's prob gonna cost a lot... not sure the pads would be willing to deal with cash anymore, after the headley fiasco, but hand would be a good get
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    they need a reliever just as much as a SP, imo
    Kahnle, Warren & German (when Montgomery gets back?) would be nice additions and would cost absolutely nothing additional.

Still not sure what kind of magic Cashman will have to have up his sleeve to get a really good SP & still stay under the $197M. I'd say Hamels @ the deadline might be the best choice but I don't like the idea of having to agree to a $20M option in 2019 just to get him this season.

Severino, Tanaka, Hamels & CC vs. Verlander, Keuchel, Morton & Cole? Edge: Astros.

Yanks need to get home field advantage vs. the Astros to win, IMO
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post

For every Cano, there are 99 guys that don't become Cano.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Kahnle, Warren & German (when Montgomery gets back?) would be nice additions and would cost absolutely nothing additional.

Still not sure what kind of magic Cashman will have to have up his sleeve to get a really good SP & still stay under the $197M. I'd say Hamels @ the deadline might be the best choice but I don't like the idea of having to agree to a $20M option in 2019 just to get him this season.

Severino, Tanaka, Hamels & CC vs. Verlander, Keuchel, Morton & Cole? Edge: Astros.

The Yankees are ~$16M under the threshold right now. At the deadline, they'll be responsible for only around 35% of a players salary for the remainder of the year. That means they can add around $45M of yearly salary and stay under. They have the room to go out and get anyone they want.

But yeah, I don't like the idea of giving up anything of value for Hamels. He'd help, but he's overpaid and absolutely not that top of the rotation guy we want. Stop slowly draining the farm for mediocre players.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post

And I realize I have a firm grasp of the obvious here but home field advantage can only happen with a division win. The Yanks and Red Sox could go down to the wire to see who gets stuck with the Wild Card.

NYYF Legend

Jon Gray lit up for the second start in a row! Rockies still right their with the falling DBacks, but nobody looks great in that division right now.

And I'm also kind of digging this disastrous start start for Duffy. If it makes his price reasonable come trade time, I'm still all-in on that.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Got to think the Jays will trade J.A. Happ. He's really not a bad target, and wouldn't be all that expensive.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post

So you're saying Andujar needs to take some vitamins?

I don't think you can move Andujar at the deadline this year given Drury's migrane issue, but I can absolutely see them trading him in the offseason to sign Machado.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    In a world where the Mets and Yankees make trades with each other, Iím not even sure the Mets would accept a package of Gleyber and Sheff for Noah.
    I think they would. Gleyber is one of the most valuable players in MLB right now with the amount of control left, his ability to play SS, and his contact/power. He is way more valuable now than when the Yankees traded for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Agreed. I'm okay with moving just about anyone in our system for an established front line starter, but they can have Gleyber when they pry him from my cold dead hands.
    And over my dead body. At this point, you cant move gleyber for almost anyone. The combination of defense, offense, youth, and contract is simply undeniable.
    https://gfycat.com/ComplexObedientArgusfish

Gleyber is going no where. This guy will retire as a Yankee. If Ohtani wasn't in the league, Gleyber would probably be ROY.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    Gleyber is going no where. This guy will retire as a Yankee. If Ohtani wasn't in the league, Gleyber would probably be ROY.
    It might wind up being a close race. Lots of time left.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    It might wind up being a close race. Lots of time left.
    You could be right, but if Ohtani pitches 150 innings with like a 3.5 era and hits over .300 with about 25 Hrs in about 400 at bats. He might be challenging Mike Trout for best player in the world.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Thread Information