+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 378 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 9448

Wink Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    How much better does the team get in 2018 if Yankees trade for Machado, Happ, and Britton?
    A lot...
    Last edited by Ny27xwschamps; 07-12-18 at 02:11 AM.

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

I think folks here are not appreciating Andujar’s limitations, especially on defense. Machado would be a huge upgrade. In any event, I doubt management is satisfied with Andujar as the long term third baseman.

I doubt the Yankees get Machado. If they do get him, I think they get him on their terms, like B prospects. (McKinney, Tate, Acevedo).

I still think they will get a pitcher like Happ on their terms.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jeter99 View Post
    Andujar is only being mentioned because most believe that he would be traded for a top of the line starter, if we are bringing in Machado. The highest two prospects I've seen mentioned were Fraizer and Sheffield, although the latest reports say we took Justus off the table.

They aren't giving up Frazier for Machado. If they are trading Frazier, they are getting a cost controlled pitcher back. The only names Frazier has been dangled for is for pitchers like Fullmer, Archer, Cole)
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Yankees may end up with Machado and deGrom.

I would walk around with a pretty big grin on my face, perhaps mildly salivating, if this happens.

I really like Miggy. But perhaps moving him at this point in his career in order to get a world championship is a fair tradeoff.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Scout: Manny Machado isn't going to Yankees or Red Sox
    Updated 6:32 AM; Posted 6:15 AM
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf..._or_red_s.html
    lolz A scout said this.

maybe his next door neighbor was a scout he' referring to.

"If you ask me where Machado is going to end up, I'll tell you that's a good question," the scout said. "I'll also tell you he's not going to the Yankees and he's not going to the Red Sox."

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    I think folks here are not appreciating Andujar’s limitations, especially on defense. Machado would be a huge upgrade. In any event, I doubt management is satisfied with Andujar as the long term third baseman.
    And I dont think people realize Manny said he wants to play SS, not 3B going forward.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Triple Crown

Haven't been reading this thread for a while, but what are the chances of landing Madison Bumgarner ? Sorry if this has already been discussed. I know the Giants are still in the race, but they may think about it if they begin to fade and we offer them a lot.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    Haven't been reading this thread for a while, but what are the chances of landing Madison Bumgarner ? Sorry if this has already been discussed. I know the Giants are still in the race, but they may think about it if they begin to fade and we offer them a lot.
    Apparently the giants are willing to trade him and Brandon belt
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    And I dont think people realize Manny said he wants to play SS, not 3B going forward.
    People realize this.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Scout sizes up what it will take for Yankees to get Madison Bumgarner, Michael Fulmer, etc.
    Posted July 12, 2018 at 06:07 AM | Updated July 12, 2018 at 06:39 AM

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf..._top_pitc.html

Madison Bumgarner, LHP
    Club: San Francisco Giants.

Size: 6-4, 242.

Contract: Making $12 million in 2018 in first of two club option seasons that were part of a five-year, $35-million contract that ran from 2013-17. Has a $12 million club option for 2019.

2018 stats: 2-3, 3.09 ERA, 7 starts, 43.2 IP, 39 hits, 16 runs, 15 ER, 4 HR, 14 BB, 36 K.

Notable: Didn’t make season debut until June 5 because he fractured his pitching hand on a comebacker in a spring training game. … Four-time All-Star was the 2014 NLCS MVP and 2014 World Series MVP. … Has an 8-3 record and 2.11 ERA in 16 career postseason games, 14 as a starter.

MLB scout’s take: "I don’t think the Giants are going to trade him because they’re going to stay in the NL West race long enough for them to say all of a sudden, ‘Hey, let’s go out and get a piece.’ But if I’m the Yankees, I’m making a good offer anyway because at some point, the Giants are going to have to rebuild. They’re going to have to blow it up at some point. It might be this month. They’re sitting there now thinking, ‘We’re still in this,’ but this is one where the Yankees have to pay attention until a few days before the deadline and see what’s going on.”

Bumgarner trade proposal
    Fantasizing a match: Bumgarner to the Yankees for Triple-A pitching prospect Justus Sheffield, second-year outfielder Clint Frazier and second-year reliever Jonathan Holder.

MLB scout’s take: "That's pretty good right there, and if I’m the Giants, I’ve got to sit down and call time out and really think about that one. That’s a pretty good package. And from the Yankees’ side, what you’re giving up, you’ve probably got a duplicate in the system still. If you’ve got a chance to get a guy like Bumgarner, who in playoff action is second to none, you’ve got to give up something like that. That’s a fair deal for both teams. Absolutely. If you’re the Giants, you’re getting a starter, you’re getting a starting outfielder and you’re getting a power seventh-eighth-inning guy."

Michael Fulmer, RHP
    Club: Detroit Tigers.

Size: 6-3, 246.

Contract: Making $575,200 this season. Eligible for free agency after the 2022 season.

2018 stats: 3-8, 4.11 ERA, 18 starts, 107.1 IP, 100 hits, 53 runs, 49 ER, 12 HR, 36 BB, 91 K.

Notable: Posted a 3.10 ERA over his last six starts through July 11. … Allowed two or fewer earned runs in nine of 18 outings, three or fewer 12 times. … 2017 American League All-Star. … 2016 AL Rookie of the Year.

Scout’s take: "This could be the sleeper ace that the Yankees may be able to nab. If Detroit thinks it can get three players for him, and they’re legit players, they might do it. Fulmer’s good. I like him. I like his power. I like his guts. And he challenges guys. When Fulmer’s on top of his game, he’s got enough stuff to where he can dominate games. I wrote him up as a No. 1 starter this year. When he’s out there on the mound, he’s like, ‘Here it is boys, let’s see if you can hit it.’ He’s one of those type of guys, which I like."

Fulmer trade proposal
    Fantasizing a match: Triple-A left-hander Justus Sheffield, outfielder Clint Frazier and Double-A right-hander Domingo Acevedo for Fulmer.

MLB scout’s take: “None of the Yankees prospects should be untouchable for a trade that can get them a frontline starter. None. If I’m Brian Cashman, I’m thinking, ‘I’ve got a legit chance to win the World Series, I’ll move any of them for the simple fact I’ve got a lot in my system.’ Now giving up Estevan Florial, Clint Frazier and Justus Sheffield for Fulmer is too much, but you’re going to have to give them Sheffield and Frazier and a young arm. That’s not too much because Fulmer has great stuff. He’s good enough that I wouldn’t rule him out matching up well with Houston’s No. 2 or No. 3, Gerrit Cole or Charlie Morton, and that’s saying something."

I'll be pissed if we give up Andujar. He's been an amazing producer and one of our more consistent hitters since being called up. Incredibly bright future.

I don't want to part with Frazier, but I like the kid and it seems the Yankees have no intent of giving him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Scout sizes up what it will take for Yankees to get Madison Bumgarner, Michael Fulmer, etc.
    Posted July 12, 2018 at 06:07 AM | Updated July 12, 2018 at 06:39 AM

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf..._top_pitc.html

Madison Bumgarner, LHP
    Club: San Francisco Giants.

Size: 6-4, 242.

Contract: Making $12 million in 2018 in first of two club option seasons that were part of a five-year, $35-million contract that ran from 2013-17. Has a $12 million club option for 2019.

2018 stats: 2-3, 3.09 ERA, 7 starts, 43.2 IP, 39 hits, 16 runs, 15 ER, 4 HR, 14 BB, 36 K.

Notable: Didn’t make season debut until June 5 because he fractured his pitching hand on a comebacker in a spring training game. … Four-time All-Star was the 2014 NLCS MVP and 2014 World Series MVP. … Has an 8-3 record and 2.11 ERA in 16 career postseason games, 14 as a starter.

MLB scout’s take: "I don’t think the Giants are going to trade him because they’re going to stay in the NL West race long enough for them to say all of a sudden, ‘Hey, let’s go out and get a piece.’ But if I’m the Yankees, I’m making a good offer anyway because at some point, the Giants are going to have to rebuild. They’re going to have to blow it up at some point. It might be this month. They’re sitting there now thinking, ‘We’re still in this,’ but this is one where the Yankees have to pay attention until a few days before the deadline and see what’s going on.”

Bumgarner trade proposal
    Fantasizing a match: Bumgarner to the Yankees for Triple-A pitching prospect Justus Sheffield, second-year outfielder Clint Frazier and second-year reliever Jonathan Holder.

MLB scout’s take: "That's pretty good right there, and if I’m the Giants, I’ve got to sit down and call time out and really think about that one. That’s a pretty good package. And from the Yankees’ side, what you’re giving up, you’ve probably got a duplicate in the system still. If you’ve got a chance to get a guy like Bumgarner, who in playoff action is second to none, you’ve got to give up something like that. That’s a fair deal for both teams. Absolutely. If you’re the Giants, you’re getting a starter, you’re getting a starting outfielder and you’re getting a power seventh-eighth-inning guy."

Michael Fulmer, RHP
    Club: Detroit Tigers.

Size: 6-3, 246.

Contract: Making $575,200 this season. Eligible for free agency after the 2022 season.

2018 stats: 3-8, 4.11 ERA, 18 starts, 107.1 IP, 100 hits, 53 runs, 49 ER, 12 HR, 36 BB, 91 K.

Notable: Posted a 3.10 ERA over his last six starts through July 11. … Allowed two or fewer earned runs in nine of 18 outings, three or fewer 12 times. … 2017 American League All-Star. … 2016 AL Rookie of the Year.

Scout’s take: "This could be the sleeper ace that the Yankees may be able to nab. If Detroit thinks it can get three players for him, and they’re legit players, they might do it. Fulmer’s good. I like him. I like his power. I like his guts. And he challenges guys. When Fulmer’s on top of his game, he’s got enough stuff to where he can dominate games. I wrote him up as a No. 1 starter this year. When he’s out there on the mound, he’s like, ‘Here it is boys, let’s see if you can hit it.’ He’s one of those type of guys, which I like."

Fulmer trade proposal
    Fantasizing a match: Triple-A left-hander Justus Sheffield, outfielder Clint Frazier and Double-A right-hander Domingo Acevedo for Fulmer.

MLB scout’s take: “None of the Yankees prospects should be untouchable for a trade that can get them a frontline starter. None. If I’m Brian Cashman, I’m thinking, ‘I’ve got a legit chance to win the World Series, I’ll move any of them for the simple fact I’ve got a lot in my system.’ Now giving up Estevan Florial, Clint Frazier and Justus Sheffield for Fulmer is too much, but you’re going to have to give them Sheffield and Frazier and a young arm. That’s not too much because Fulmer has great stuff. He’s good enough that I wouldn’t rule him out matching up well with Houston’s No. 2 or No. 3, Gerrit Cole or Charlie Morton, and that’s saying something."
    If I am the Yankees, I make that first trade (for Bumgarner) without blinking. No way I make the second trade for Fullmer. There is no comparison between the two pitchers. I would even take that first package and trade it for Snell - younger than Bumgarner and AL East battle proven.

So basically Bumgarner is only worth as much as Fulmer would be? Lol

Evan Roberts

Verified account

@EvanRobertsWFAN
    Following Following @EvanRobertsWFAN
    More
    Can someone make a Manny Machado as a Met picture so we can see if he “likes” that too!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Bumgarner is only under contract through 2019, Fulmer is under contract through 2022, so that might be accurate although of course no one actually knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    I doubt the Yankees get Machado. If they do get him, I think they get him on their terms, like B prospects. (McKinney, Tate, Acevedo).

it sure was fun though

one thing about machado being a rental

it's not all bad

IMO there are some legit questions about his attitude (sure he says that now that we aren't getting him )

these 3 months would of been a nice little trial run to see if he fits before signing him long term

damn it would of been so much fun to see him in nyy grays at the fens arod pt II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHec1cP1Ta4
    I still think they will get a pitcher like Happ on their terms
    happ vs sox tonight in boston could be an interesting game

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    People realize this.
    I don't many people think that was just to push his value up

and he would play 3rd for us

I still think it's foolish to go after Machado since the thing holding this team back is not offense. If upgrading, you should target upgrading weaknesses, not strengths. Nevertheless, it may be that no there are no starters available who Cashman thinks would put us over the top. It's not worth trading away the future for #3 starter. In that case, I guess I'd take Machado if we could get him without giving up anyone top shelf. We can still give a couple good prospects. I still contend he won't make the difference between us not winning or winning the WS.

I think the reason for the Machado possible acquisition is because he needs/wants to trade Andujar for a frontline pitcher. It tells me he doesn't trust Drury to replicate Andujar's production.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post

Probably. Mad bum is a lot more expensive per year and has less years.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

I think the reason for the Machado possible acquisition is because he needs/wants to trade Andujar for a frontline pitcher. It tells me he doesn't trust Drury to replicate Andujar's production.
    I would hate to trade Andujar. I'd rather trade a top prospect than a 3B who has already proven himself at this level. With Judge, Sanchez, Andujar and Severino, we have an awesome core of home-grown talent.

MLB Scout needs to be drug tested. He called Fulmer a "frontline starter" lol

ex mets GM Steve Phillips says Yankees don't need Machado and where would he put him? that why He's ex GM. I don't hear any word from him or any Yankee hater when Redsox traded for Pierce and got nothing. Everytime Yankees acquired all star player , they have something to say about it. https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/...00917199654912

NYYF Legend

I'm beating a dead horse here but if this is true, Cashman should have just traded Andujar for Gerrit Cole in the offseason when he had the chance.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Thread Information