+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2050

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber86 View Post
    He's signed til he's 40. Pass. It would block us from being able to afford players we may actually need in the future. Huge contracts should not be spent on player approaching the wrong side of 35. Not only do we need to spend on pitching but eventually going to need to pay Judge, Sevy, Gary, Didi, Gleyber down the road.
    He will be coming off the books just in time for most of them. Votto looks like he could play till hes 40.

Besides Im pretty sure the aav between votto and Ellsbury is minimal
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber86 View Post
    He's signed til he's 40. Pass. It would block us from being able to afford players we may actually need in the future. Huge contracts should not be spent on player approaching the wrong side of 35. Not only do we need to spend on pitching but eventually going to need to pay Judge, Sevy, Gary, Didi, Gleyber down the road.
    Votto's AAV is $22.500. Ellsbury is $21,142,857. So the difference is nothing for the rest of the season and the next two. It's a massive upgrade for 1m.

You take that risk on the backend, but that's sometimes the cost of going for it over the next couple seasons, plus this one. He's a generational bat.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Just reminder of how dire the starting pitching situation is.
    Yankees have 4 starters, only 2 of which have an ERA+ over 100. And even one of the ones below 100 is going to have an innings cap.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Torres is still more valuable than Judge.
    Based on what metric?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Based on what metric?
    I'm guessing because he has another cost controlled year and plays a more premium position while putting up similar offensive numbers.

I disagree though. Judge is proven with over 1000 PA. Torres has about 100 PA. Besides, while Torres plays a more premium position, Judge is good at OF. Torres has been a butcher at 2B. They're kind of a wash in terms of defensive value, and Judge is slightly better on offense anyway.

If I was told I could have any person in the Yankees lineup or farm system, it would be Judge without a doubt.

Would the following get the Yankees Degrom?

Frazier, Sheffield, Drury, Wade?

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post

Frazier, Sheffield, Dury, Wade?
    No. Unless the trade is so one sided in their favor, Mets are not dealing with the Yanks.

Frazier, Sheffield, Dury, Wade, cash to help with Dury salary?
    That seems fair, even high to me. If he was on Rockies or Pirates or something- sure. On the Mets, it's just not going to happen, which is stupid. I can see why some team within our division wouldn't trade him, but the Yankees pose zero hindrance to the Mets success in the future.

Really don't think the Mets need Frazier, their outfield is pretty set.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    Really don't think the Mets need Frazier, their outfield is pretty set.
    Conforto, Bruce, nimmo, cespedes is hard to get excited about right now
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    No. Unless the trade is so one sided in their favor, Mets are not dealing with the Yanks.
    I know a Met Yankee trade is usually not going to happen, but if the Mets want the best bang for Degrom, this kind of deal might break the tradition of not dealing with each other. With Degrom being 30, to me its more doable. Just have to make it sweet enough for the Mets to jump. Yankees have a surplus of players with no true future spots, so getting a stud starter is worth this kind of move. Degrom would most likely put the Yankees over the top to win a championship or two. We are so close!

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF Legend

Frazier, Sheffield, Drury, Wade?
    That depends on how they view Fraizer & Sheffield.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Yogi Buck

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    I'm guessing because he has another cost controlled year and plays a more premium position while putting up similar offensive numbers.

I disagree though. Judge is proven with over 1000 PA. Torres has about 100 PA. Besides, while Torres plays a more premium position, Judge is good at OF. Torres has been a butcher at 2B. They're kind of a wash in terms of defensive value, and Judge is slightly better on offense anyway.

If I was told I could have any person in the Yankees lineup or farm system, it would be Judge without a doubt.

Because they held him back early this year, Torres actually has 6 years of control after this season while Judge has 4. So two extra years of control, a few at really low $. His primary position is SS, which is THE premium position along with C.

Torres is 21, while since Judge took so long to get there, he is already 26. These are his prime years, while Torres is 4-5 years away. So in theory, Torres will get even better.

So all that said, I can make an argument that Torres is MORE VALUABLE.

THAT SAID, Judge is currently the face of the franchise and Torres is a bad month away from being MUCH LESS valuable.

So there definitely is a higher risk profile with Torres.

Each is a pretty valuable asset currently.
    [B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by budstinks View Post
    Because they held him back early this year, Torres actually has 6 years of control after this season while Judge has 4. So two extra years of control, a few at really low $. His primary position is SS, which is THE premium position along with C.

Torres is 21, while since Judge took so long to get there, he is already 26. These are his prime years, while Torres is 4-5 years away. So in theory, Torres will get even better.

So all that said, I can make an argument that Torres is MORE VALUABLE.

THAT SAID, Judge is currently the face of the franchise and Torres is a bad month away from being MUCH LESS valuable.

So there definitely is a higher risk profile with Torres.

Each is a pretty valuable asset currently.
    Judge was drafted from College, so he was 21+ when he first entered the Yankees system in 2013. He made it just over 3 years after he was drafted. That is quicker than Torres, who was signed as an IFA in the same 2013, but did not make his debut until 2018.

So, while your point is valid that Torres is younger than Judge, your wording is way off since Judge actually reached the Majors in less time than Torres.

Yogi Buck

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Judge was drafted from College, so he was 21+ when he first entered the Yankees system in 2013. He made it just over 3 years after he was drafted. That is quicker than Torres, who was signed as an IFA in the same 2013, but did not make his debut until 2018.

So, while your point is valid that Torres is younger than Judge, your wording is way off since Judge actually reached the Majors in less time than Torres.
    technically, college counts as developmental time, so you just wasted all that time, making a useless comment about wording. Or nothing of consequence.

Good day sir.
    [B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Joel Sherman from MLB Network was on High Heat with Russo. He said the price for DeGrom would be similar to the Chris Sale price but even more because of the thin starting pitching market. He said 3 top 100 guys and 2 more high end prospects that are lighting up A ball. Otherwise the Mets don't have to sell DeGrom until 2020 when he is a free agent.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JLJ81 View Post
    Joel Sherman from MLB Network was on High Heat with Russo. He said the price for DeGrom would be similar to the Chris Sale price but even more because of the thin starting pitching market. He said 3 top 100 guys and 2 more high end prospects that are lighting up A ball. Otherwise the Mets don't have to sell DeGrom until 2020 when he is a free agent.
    Price tag fine for me.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Too much, pass.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ27 View Post
    Too much, pass.
    I want syndergaard too for all of that

NYYF Legend

Andujar, Sheffield, and Frazier/Hicks would be my max offer. That is a great value.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Price tag fine for me.
    Seconded. Assuming Frazier is still valued as a top 50 prospect, I would offer Frazier, Sheffield, and Abreu with whichever flamethrowing low minors arm you like. This is what prospect depth is for, folks.
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

my blog: http://nybaseballoffice.blogspot.com

Andujar, Sheffield, and Frazier/Hicks would be my max offer. That is a great value.
    That is too much value. Can't be giving up more than what the Sawx gave up for Sale, who was younger, better, with more control, and a lefty.

NYYF Cy Young

Don't know if I would put all 3 in the same deal. Andujar is a seriously value piece with proven MLB production. I'm inclined to say, okay, you can either have a package of 3 top prospects, or Andujar plus a Freicer type.
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

my blog: http://nybaseballoffice.blogspot.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    Don't know if I would put all 3 in the same deal. Andujar is a seriously value piece with proven MLB production. I'm inclined to say, okay, you can either have a package of 3 top prospects, or Andujar plus a Freicer type.
    But the "price" right now is extreme. If it happens it will be an "overpay" from our viewpoint.

But the "price" right now is extreme. If it happens it will be an "overpay" from our viewpoint.
    Exactly. The only way the Mets do this is they get such an overpay from us that every baseball analyst is blubbering on tv about how the Mets had to make the trade because it was too good of a deal for them to pass up.

Thread Information