+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1958
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Aaron Boone was clutch.
    Clutch when he hit the G7 walk off HR in the ALCS, not so clutch when he grounded out to end the 9th of a 3-3 game with Sierra on 3rd a few days later or when he struck out in the 11th of that same game with the bases loaded and one out. You might recall in the B12 of that game Jeff Weaver gave up a walk off bomb to Alex Gonzalez and the Yanks would go on to lose to the Marlins in 6 games.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

......so back to the 2018 Trade Deadline Thread.....

The more I look into Happ, the more he seems to be a perfect fit.

In the past two seasons he's held opponent LHHs to a .181/.213/.298 slash line for a .219 wOBA. That's even better than Brad Hand, and he's done it as a starter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    ......so back to the 2018 Trade Deadline Thread.....

The more I look into Happ, the more he seems to be a perfect fit.

In the past two seasons he's held opponent LHHs to a .181/.213/.298 slash line for a .219 wOBA. That's even better than Brad Hand, and he's done it as a starter.
    JA Happ would be a good fit.

The trouble is he'd be a good fit for ANY team looking for starting pitching so he probably won't be as cheap as we'd like.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    JA Happ would be a good fit.

The trouble is he'd be a good fit for ANY team looking for starting pitching so he probably won't be as cheap as we'd like.
    Anyone we look at will be expensive.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Does Stanton have a no-trade clause? Shop him for a true ace. Severino + another ace = WS title

Talking Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    Does Stanton have a no-trade clause? Shop him for a true ace. Severino + another ace = WS title
    He does and even if he didnít thatís not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by sfischer89 View Post
    He does and even if he didnít thatís not realistic.
    It's obviously not going to happen, but it's the best way for us to get a true ace. Stanton won't be the difference in us making/winning the WS this year. Another ace would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    It's obviously not going to happen, but it's the best way for us to get a true ace. Stanton won't be the difference in us making/winning the WS this year. Another ace would be.
    Stanton also has a $300 million 10 year contract. I donít know what aces are available even but the contract disparity would make it hard to move him.

If you recall we just trades a bunch of B-level prospects to get Stanton 6 months ago, and his value isnít any higher today than it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by sfischer89 View Post
    Stanton also has a $300 million 10 year contract. I donít know what aces are available even but the contract disparity would make it hard to move him.

If you recall we just trades a bunch of B-level prospects to get Stanton 6 months ago, and his value isnít any higher today than it was then.
    Well, Miami was just desperate to offload his salary. We could pick up part of his salary as part of the trade. That's much more appealing to me than parting with any of our top prospects.

NYYF Legend

Ohtani grade 2 UCL Sprain... I wonder if we now will be competing with the Angels for SP? I think this clouds the waters more then ever.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Ohtani grade 2 UCL Strain... I wonder if we now will be competing with the Angels for SP? I think this clouds the waters more then ever.
    Any mention of TJS?

NYYF Legend

Any mention of TJS?
    Stem Cell injection...3 week re evaluation..https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohta...in/c-280336150

Ohtani grade 2 UCL Strain... I wonder if we now will be competing with the Angels for SP? I think this clouds the waters more then ever.
    Which might be a good thing as I'm not crazy about any of the starting pitchers that will probably be made available.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

NYYF Legend

Stem Cell injection...3 week re evaluation..https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohta...in/c-280336150
    Stem Cell or PRP?

It's funny - when Tanaka was diagnosed (and his injury sounds milder than this injury), there was a rush to judgement on this forum (WHAT? NO TJS?).

Stem Cell or PRP?

It's funny - when Tanaka was diagnosed (and his injury sounds milder than this injury), there was a rush to judgement on this forum (WHAT? NO TJS?).
    MLB Rumors is reporting both treatments.

NYYF Legend

Stem Cell or PRP?

What grade was Tanaka?

What grade was Tanaka?
    A grade one strain is not a tear but the tendon is stretched out, but a Grade 2 strain is a tear, but with different degrees of a tear. I remember Tanaka seeing at least 3-4 doctors including Andrews, the Mets and Reds doctors and all of them recommended no surgery which means his tear was small. A grade 3 strain is a complete tear.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    A grade one strain is not a tear but the tendon is stretched out, but a Grade 2 strain is a tear, but with different degrees of a tear. I remember Tanaka seeing at least 3-4 doctors including Andrews, the Mets and Reds doctors and all of them recommended no surgery which means his tear was small. A grade 3 strain is a complete tear.
    Thanks

Thanks
    When Tanaka got hurt, I remember there was a major medical conference going on and all of the best Ortho surgeons were together so the Yankees were able to get their own doctor along with Andrews, Kremchek of the Reds and Altchek of the Mets to see his medical reports. All of those guys are consider the top of the profession. All of them recommended no surgery.

On one hand, Im very sad that Ohtana got hurt and it doesnt sound good. Grade II strain (tear) UCL on the right arm. That is a precursor for TJ unless he goes full Tanaka, but even Tanaka has never fully recovered for a long period of time. Plus, this was something that was already known with him before the signing, so it has gotten worse.

On the other hand, he balked at the Yankees which then landed the Yankees the deal for Stanton. Maybe its a blessing, maybe not. All I know if he was pitching great and has a sweet lefty swing made for YS.

It sucks anytime a great young player gets hurt though. And his skill set is so unique. Too bad, just like Trout, his brilliance will be diminished in Anaheim.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Ohtani grade 2 UCL Sprain... I wonder if we now will be competing with the Angels for SP? I think this clouds the waters more then ever.
    Wow, just as a baseball fan this is a huge blow.

The kid was doing things nobody has ever seen. If he goes under the knife we won't see him again until 2020 atleast as a pitcher.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rhod0406 View Post

The kid was doing things nobody has ever seen. If he goes under the knife we won't see him again until 2020 atleast as a pitcher.
    I guess about a year or so off as a hitter?

I guess about a year or so off as a hitter?
    Didn't Torres have his right about this time last year? He was ready to go to start this year but not sure if they would be that aggressive with Ohtani since his true value is on the mound.

FanGraphs columnist Craig Edwards weighs in on the Yankee need for a starting pitcher:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-...-make-a-trade/

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rhod0406 View Post
    Indeed. His whole situation was pretty exciting to watch.

Of course, this begs the question.......can we start promoting Torres and/or Andujar for Rookie of the Year? A week ago, it sounded like they were already prepared to give it to Ohtani.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Thread Information