+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 378 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 9448
  1. #76

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Just putting this out there, it's something to consider:

    With Kahnle & Warren down and Betances battling some demons, Cashman would be wise to find a veteran piece for bullpen depth & to ease some of the burden off of Robertson & Green, IMO.

    Here's some names that could/should be available, & cost shouldn't be too high:

    Nate Jones - White Sox
    Tony Watson - Giants
    Shane Greene - Tigers

    40-man roster guys I'd make available: Luis Cessa, Giovanny Gallegos, Jonathan Holder, Tyler Wade
    I don't think they would get back anything of value for those four names.

  2. #77
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    I wouldn't trade for a RHRP unless Kahnle's injury turns out to be more significant. Cody Carroll is going to be a legitimate option at some point. If they trade for a reliever it should be a LOOGY.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  3. #78
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Forget Archer. Get Snell.

    Give them Jordy + Clint + Wade + whatever...
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  4. #79

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    We need a pitcher who is playoff proven and can go deep into a playoff game when he pitches, to keep the bullpen semi fresh since we have pitchers like cc, gray and Montgomery who go 5 innings max and need to use bullpen for 12-15 outs.. the only pitcher I can think of who would possibly be on market is MadBum.. he single handledly pitched the Giants to 3 World Series.. he is someone who can step on the mound and the other team can mentally think they have no chance. He would be this years Justin Verlander.. a deal consisting of Clint Frazier, Adams and Florial should get That trade done... another pitcher Id love to see is Andrew miller back in pinstripes

  5. #80

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbate21 View Post
    We need a pitcher who is playoff proven and can go deep into a playoff game when he pitches, to keep the bullpen semi fresh since we have pitchers like cc, gray and Montgomery who go 5 innings max and need to use bullpen for 12-15 outs.. the only pitcher I can think of who would possibly be on market is MadBum.. he single handledly pitched the Giants to 3 World Series.. he is someone who can step on the mound and the other team can mentally think they have no chance. He would be this years Justin Verlander.. a deal consisting of Clint Frazier, Adams and Florial should get That trade done... another pitcher Id love to see is Andrew miller back in pinstripes
    MadBum probably wont be available, and even if he was, one of Gleyber or Andujar would have to be included. Someone else from the Giants fits that bill and should be available.... Cueto. Cost would be less in terms of prospects and will come with 3.5 years of control.
    Let's Go Yankees!

  6. #81

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    MadBum probably wont be available, and even if he was, one of Gleyber or Andujar would have to be included. Someone else from the Giants fits that bill and should be available.... Cueto. Cost would be less in terms of prospects and will come with 3.5 years of control.
    I agree that Cueto fits that bill, but I wasnt sure of the $ and years he comes with.. either of the 2 would be great additions for the postseason

  7. #82
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The urinal next door

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    i'd say the most likely target is hamels... one option year left, former ace who might recapture his form, just in time for a playoff push
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  8. #83

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    i'd say the most likely target is hamels... one option year left, former ace who might recapture his form, just in time for a playoff push
    How would this effect the Tax
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

  9. #84

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    I thought of Hamels as a midseason pickup, but the way he's pitched last year and change, you might as well run Monty out there in the playoffs.
    Let's Go Yankees!

  10. #85

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    How would this effect the Tax
    His $24M AAV includes the $6M buyout... so if we get him at the deadline, he'll add about $8M to our payroll (per luxury purposes)

    Edit: Even less, since $3.5M of the $24M is covered by the Phillies... so around $7M
    Let's Go Yankees!

  11. #86
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Forget Archer. Get Snell.

    Give them Jordy + Clint + Wade + whatever...
    Would also love to have Snell. But that is an overpay. Frazier, Adams and Wade plus a lower level lottery ticket should be enough, even with the "Yankee Tax" factor.

  12. #87

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbate21 View Post
    We need a pitcher who is playoff proven and can go deep into a playoff game when he pitches, to keep the bullpen semi fresh since we have pitchers like cc, gray and Montgomery who go 5 innings max and need to use bullpen for 12-15 outs.. the only pitcher I can think of who would possibly be on market is MadBum.. he single handledly pitched the Giants to 3 World Series.. he is someone who can step on the mound and the other team can mentally think they have no chance. He would be this years Justin Verlander.. a deal consisting of Clint Frazier, Adams and Florial should get That trade done... another pitcher Id love to see is Andrew miller back in pinstripes
    2014 maybe but he definitely did not single handedly carry them in the other 2 years.

  13. #88

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    I think Cash shocks everyone and gets Madbum for Frazier, Adams, Estrada and Florial

  14. #89
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Michael Fulmer rotting away in Detroit. Sell them on Monty+Clint+Florial
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  15. #90

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Very hesitant to deal Florial.

  16. #91

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Michael Fulmer rotting away in Detroit. Sell them on Monty+Clint+Florial
    What?? 😂
    Cmon man, if youre going to bend over like that at least throw in some lube too.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  17. #92
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    What?? ��
    C’mon man, if you’re going to bend over like that at least throw in some lube too.
    I think the most important thing is holding onto everyone on the ML roster. That trade accomplishes that. No Andj or Gley.

    You just aren't going to get a top flight guy (under team control for many years) without putting in some real good chips. Now, it's fine if you don't think Fulmer is that guy, I'm totally not convinced myself, but I don't think that package is getting bent over.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  18. #93
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    You just aren't going to get a top flight guy (under team control for many years) without putting in some real good chips. Now, it's fine if you don't think Fulmer is that guy, I'm totally not convinced myself, but I don't think that package is getting bent over.
    IMO Fulmer is not the battle-tested top-of-the-rotation starter that many seem to think. The 25 yr old has 55 ML starts (less than two seasons' workload) for a non-contending team. He hasn't pitched more than 165 innings in a season. I think he also has some arm or shoulder issues. I suppose his potential has more value than his results so far.

    If the goal is to have a young cost-controlled starter, I can see maybe giving up Frazier, Chance Adams and another highly rated pitching prospect not named Sheffield Tate or Abreu.

    But if the goal is to put together a championship-caliber starting rotation for 2018, I think Cashman will be able to do better than Michael Fulmer.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  19. #94

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I think the most important thing is holding onto everyone on the ML roster. That trade accomplishes that. No Andj or Gley.

    You just aren't going to get a top flight guy (under team control for many years) without putting in some real good chips. Now, it's fine if you don't think Fulmer is that guy, I'm totally not convinced myself, but I don't think that package is getting bent over.
    I rather use Florial/Clint to get someone more over powering or with a better ceiling. Fulmer is good but I have reservations about his stuff when looking at his career 6.8 K/9. FIP > ERA may also suggest he is getting a little lucky.

    Some pitchers on my list:

    Unlikely but would love Bundy, Berrios, or Nola

    More likely:

    Cole Hamels
    Gio Gonzalez (if Nats fall out of it)
    Tyson Ross

  20. #95
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    IMO Fulmer is not the battle-tested top-of-the-rotation starter that many seem to think. The 25 yr old has 55 ML starts (less than two seasons' workload) for a non-contending team. He hasn't pitched more than 165 innings in a season. I think he also has some arm or shoulder issues. I suppose his potential has more value than his results so far.

    If the goal is to have a young cost-controlled starter, I can see maybe giving up Frazier, Chance Adams and another highly rated pitching prospect not named Sheffield Tate or Abreu.

    But if the goal is to put together a championship-caliber starting rotation for 2018, I think Cashman will be able to do better than Michael Fulmer.
    Yeah. This just isn't the reality of the situation. Would never happen. Clint, Adams, and Wade was already rejected by Avila in the offseason. In addition, all three of those guys have seen their prospect status decline.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  21. #96
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    I rather use Florial/Clint to get someone more over powering or with a better ceiling. Fulmer is good but I have reservations about his stuff when looking at his career 6.8 K/9. FIP > ERA may also suggest he is getting a little lucky.
    Don't really think it's luck with Fulmer. He's good at inducing weak contact.

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Some pitchers on my list:

    Unlikely but would love Bundy, Berrios, or Nola

    More likely:

    Cole Hamels
    Gio Gonzalez (if Nats fall out of it)
    Tyson Ross
    I don't think the Os will trade us anything, and I think Bundy is too SSS to give up anything significant. Berrios I don't think is going anywhere. I'd like Nola but don't know how we get him. Snell. Manea, ect...

    There's a lot of talent out there, but you are going to have to pay for it.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  22. #97

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Don't really think it's luck with Fulmer. He's good at inducing weak contact.


    I don't think the Os will trade us anything, and I think Bundy is too SSS to give up anything significant. Berrios I don't think is going anywhere. I'd like Nola but don't know how we get him. Snell. Manea, ect...

    There's a lot of talent out there, but you are going to have to pay for it.
    Ton of talent but all these guys don't become FAs until 2022-2023.

    Would take Clint, Sheffield and Florial

  23. #98
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Corey Seager out for the year. Wheels falling off the Trolley. Time to go after the mighty Kershaw.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  24. #99
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    I'll take Walker Buehler please.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  25. #100

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Corey Seager out for the year. Wheels falling off the Trolley. Time to go after the mighty Kershaw.
    More likely they try to trade for Machado.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts