+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 379 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Not sure about Correa and Kluber. Correa plays SS and we already have DiDi. Kluber is on the wrong side of 30.

Would you include Sale in that list not that Boston would make that trade?
    In such a scenario, I'd be moving Correa to 3B and keeping Didi at SS. For Altuve, move Torres to 3B.

Kluber is 32, but he's a bonafide stud. And his contract is ridiculously team-friendly: 18:$10.5M, 19:$13M, 20:$13.5M club option ($1M buyout), 21:$14M club option ($1M buyout). Oh, and his AAV is like 9.14 million.

Would definitely include Sale to the list, but like you said...Boston.

Suspended

I don't think it would ever get done, but a Gley/Andj trade for Nick Pivetta would be interesting. Guys stuff is straight filth. Spin rates very high.

Probably would have been a good pry prior to him blowing up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I don't think it would ever get done, but a Gley/Andj trade for Nick Pivetta would be interesting. Guys stuff is straight filth. Spin rates very high.

Probably would have been a good pry prior to him blowing up this season.
    Lol, what?

He's nowhere near worth Andj/Gley

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I'd drive them to Queens for Noah.
    Not all of them... Nope..
    I'd give them 2, and maybe something else of note.. And are you sure the best guy to get from Queens is Noah? Jake is right there..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Mike Trout says hi....

And I still say no for all 3..

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Trout, Thor, Altuve, Correa, Kluber, etc.
    Again I'd love any of them, but I am not trading all 3 for any single one of them...

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    And I still say no for all 3..
    That’s OK. Billy Eppler would hang up the phone laughing at that offer anyway. You’d need to add Gleyber Torres to those three to get them to think about it. Trout’s not a fit based on the Yankees’ current needs, anyway. Front of the rotation SP, is...
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    That’s OK. Billy Eppler would hang up the phone laughing at that offer anyway. You’d need to add Gleyber Torres to those three to get them to think about it. Trout’s not a fit based on the Yankees’ current needs, anyway. Front of the rotation SP, is...
    We're talking about an all-time top 10 player on trade market. If he's available, I would make everyone available except Judge and Severino. Even Sanchez is touchable.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    We're talking about an all-time top 10 player on trade market. If he's available, I would make everyone available except Judge and Severino. Even Sanchez is touchable.
    Generational talent is an understatement. Maybe we could toss in Randy Levine to sweeten the deal?

I mean, as a fan of the Yankees, I’d love for them to put together a package of players worthy enough for Mike Trout. As a fan of the sport? Not so much. I’ve shared these thoughts about Trout before though.

NYYF Cy Young

Yeah, I'll add Severino to that list too.
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

my blog: http://nybaseballoffice.blogspot.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Generational talent is an understatement. Maybe we could toss in Randy Levine to sweeten the deal?
    Likely not enough unless they also throw in Trost to the deal.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Lol, what?

He's nowhere near worth Andj/Gley
    He is. He has the innings (slowly built up). Has the spin rate. Has the stuff. Has the peripherals.

He's the real deal. He just doesn't have the track record, but neither do Gley or Andj.

Stuff is dominant:
    https://www.mlb.com/video/pivetta-ks...83?tid=6479266

Waaaaaait a minute. Isn’t Trost the guy who is big on bringing in other sports’ games to YSIII?

Let’s think this through a bit here.

He is. He has the innings (slowly built up). Has the spin rate. Has the stuff. Has the peripherals.

He's the real deal. He just doesn't have the track record, but neither do Gley or Andj.

Stuff is dominant:
    I'm expecting TJS for Pivetta anytime now.

NYYF Legend

Stuff is dominant:
    This is your boldest take yet.

None have ML track records, but Gleyber and Andujar have shown much more in the minors, in my opinion.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo_T View Post
    I'm expecting TJS for Pivetta anytime now.
    Hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    This is your boldest take yet.

None have ML track records, but Gleyber and Andujar have shown much more in the minors, in my opinion.
    Pivetta threw 133 innings last season with a 9.5 K/9. They build up his innings carefully.That stuff is real. 2nd highest spin rate on curve behind Charlie Morton.
    https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/statc..._abs=0#results

It's definitely bold. I just don't see the Phillies giving him away for anything less.

I think I need to clarify my position. I am not talking about making a bunch if people untouchable. Would I trade Sanchez in a deal for Trout? Yes.. Would I trade Judge in a deal for Trout? Yes. Gleyber? Yes..

It;s not that I am naming untouchable people. Other than Sevy, there is probably no one I name as untouchable. But it's the package..

While I would include Judge OR Sanchez OR Torres for Trout, or maybe some combination, that's very different than saying I'd include all of them in a single deal for Trout.

My comment above was that I would not deal Andujar+Sheffield+Gleyber all in one deal for any one single player. It did not mean I would label them all as untouchable in any deal or that I would not include them all in a package for a combination of players coming back..

I realize many may still disagree with me, and that is totally ok, but I wanted to clarify what I was really getting at..

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I think I need to clarify my position. I am not talking about making a bunch if people untouchable. Would I trade Sanchez in a deal for Trout? Yes.. Would I trade Judge in a deal for Trout? Yes. Gleyber? Yes..

It;s not that I am naming untouchable people. Other than Sevy, there is probably no one I name as untouchable. But it's the package..

While I would include Judge OR Sanchez OR Torres for Trout, or maybe some combination, that's very different than saying I'd include all of them in a single deal for Trout.

My comment above was that I would not deal Andujar+Sheffield+Gleyber all in one deal for any one single player. It did not mean I would label them all as untouchable in any deal or that I would not include them all in a package for a combination of players coming back..

I realize many may still disagree with me, and that is totally ok, but I wanted to clarify what I was really getting at..
    I thought the package was Andújar, Sheffield, and Florial?

Isn't this subtraction by addition?

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Trading everyone for one player really weakens this team, doesn't it?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Yeah, I wouldn't trade what it would take to get Trout, just sign Harper next winter and keep all your players. I'm not saying Harper is as good as Trout, but I'll take Harper plus the guys you'd have to move for Trout and I don't think it's close.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't trade what it would take to get Trout, just sign Harper next winter and keep all your players. I'm not saying Harper is as good as Trout, but I'll take Harper plus the guys you'd have to move for Trout and I don't think it's close.
    I would take Harper over trout. I expect to be in the minority on that one. I think pitchers are more intimidated by Harper than trout
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Harper as a LHH is a better fit between Judge and Stanton also (although good luck dislodging Didi, heh).

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    I thought the package was Andújar, Sheffield, and Florial?
    It was, I just used different names to illustrate that I'm against the whole package for one player, but not against trading anyone in particular.

NYYF Legend

Just putting this out there, it's something to consider:

With Kahnle & Warren down and Betances battling some demons, Cashman would be wise to find a veteran piece for bullpen depth & to ease some of the burden off of Robertson & Green, IMO.

Here's some names that could/should be available, & cost shouldn't be too high:

Nate Jones - White Sox
    Tony Watson - Giants
    Shane Greene - Tigers

40-man roster guys I'd make available: Luis Cessa, Giovanny Gallegos, Jonathan Holder, Tyler Wade
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Thread Information