+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 379 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 9454
  1. #26

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I think Cash would balk at the price, even if he's accepted the need to consolidate assets into pieces to win a chip.

    If the package was something like Andujar, Sheffield, Florial, and the best performing of Abreu/Medina/Tate, I don't think he does it.
    That is way, way too much right there

  2. #27

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    I don't see Giants trading MadBum and the price will be ridiculous either way. I think Yankees will probably be looking more at a #2 or #3 starter instead of an ace. I think they will try to keep the young players we see on the big team right now, with everyone else available in the right trade.

    Cueto, if he continues to dominate, might be a name they consider. Some salary relief might be needed to make it work. Cueto has had postseason success and shouldn't cost you anyone on the major league level or Florial.
    Let's Go Yankees!

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    He was certainly the first name in my head when I started thinking about it.

    Taillon, Skaggs (I don't believe in the Angels), Foltynewicz, etc., etc.
    This was the guy who I've been looking at/hoping for but ... man, if Huntington drove a hard bargain on Cole I would think he'd drive a harder one on this guy if he's a breakout star at ASB. Also not sure I'd call him "inconsistent," he pitched pretty well last year for a cancer patient.

  4. #29
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I think Cash would balk at the price, even if he's accepted the need to consolidate assets into pieces to win a chip.

    If the package was something like Andujar, Sheffield, Florial, and the best performing of Abreu/Medina/Tate, I don't think he does it.
    There is no single player right now that I would deal all three of Andujar, Sheffield and Florial for.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  5. #30

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    NeedTwoManRotation 8 hours ago

    "Bryce Harper and Anthony Rendon for Gleyber Torres Miguel Andujar and Estevan Florial"

    Daniel Murphy for Mitchell White and Will Smith"

    lolz. Rays fans who posted this comment section

    http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018/?list=int

  6. #31
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    There is no single player right now that I would deal all three of Andujar, Sheffield and Florial for.

    Thank you.... It's still April.

  7. #32
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    There is no single player right now that I would deal all three of Andujar, Sheffield and Florial for.
    I'd drive them to Queens for Noah.

  8. #33

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    As was mentioned already multiple times in this thread, he's likely not going to be traded from a team that's currently leading its division. Especially one that just lost another one of their starters to Tommy John surgery. They'll be looking to acquire pitching this trade deadline, not trying to trade it away.
    Fine. He's a free agent after the year. He's from NY. Sign him.

  9. #34
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    There is no single player right now that I would deal all three of Andujar, Sheffield and Florial for.
    Mike Trout says hi....

  10. #35

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Gregorius, 28, can be a free agent after the 2019 season, and the Bombers could pursue Manny Machado, who plays the same position as Didi and is younger, this offseason. That could mean Gregorius changing positions or perhaps being dealt for more assets.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3952490

    Machado or Didi for SS?


    Pro- Machado is much younger than Didi's and, He has good arms, played good defense at SS and versatility can play defense at 3rd.

    Cons- He righty and it will cost a ton to sign him. Can He play in NY limelight in big pressure?


    Didi

    Pro- He's a lefty which a plus and built at Yankees stadium. He's proven he's clutch see HR against Kluber last postseason vs Indians

    Cons- Questionable with his defense, has alot mental errors already this season.

  11. #36

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    that what Brian kenny says on posting on twitter. Andrew Simmons is best defensive SS and Didi wasnt rank best 10 SS . yes didi has alot error compare to Machado's who playing superb defense.

  12. #37
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    NeedTwoManRotation 8 hours ago

    "Bryce Harper and Anthony Rendon for Gleyber Torres Miguel Andujar and Estevan Florial"

    Daniel Murphy for Mitchell White and Will Smith"

    lolz. Rays fans who posted this comment section

    http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018/?list=int
    With all due respect, can you please post either your own opinion or something a famous writer has written as opposed to these random tweets from people we've never heard of?

  13. #38

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    With all due respect, can you please post either your own opinion or something a famous writer has written as opposed to these random tweets from people we've never heard of?
    I did post an opinion. I found it funny?

  14. #39

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-ma...me-inevitable/

    Machado's will be traded by trading deadline?

    The Orioles’ chances of making the playoffs are down to about 1 in 1,000. If you prefer to look at things in terms of wins, you’d find that Baltimore is currently projected to win about 45% of the rest of their games — equivalent to about 63 more victories — to get them up to 69 for the season.

    It’s perfectly reasonable for the Orioles to hold on to Machado and hope the urgency of the deadline creates multiple suitors or, at least, a single desperate one. The team does run some injury and performance risk by holding onto him, but waiting on the potential for a better deal if there are no suitable offers now is a defensible one. Machado himself is erasing any doubts about his merely average 2017 season with a huge 209 wRC+. The MVP-level Machado is back. The Orioles are already in the midst of a lost season. The logical conclusion of those facts puts Manny Machado in another uniform within the next 100 days. A deal right now isn’t likely, but the time to start receiving offers is already here

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    I did post an opinion. I found it funny?
    The point is that nobody cares what Joe Rays fans writes in some other comment section. Every fanbase has idiot fans who make stupid comments on Twitter, Facebook or buried 7 pages deep in a blog comment section.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  16. #41
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Gregorius, 28, can be a free agent after the 2019 season, and the Bombers could pursue Manny Machado, who plays the same position as Didi and is younger, this offseason. That could mean Gregorius changing positions or perhaps being dealt for more assets.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3952490

    Machado or Didi for SS?


    Pro- Machado is much younger than Didi's and, He has good arms, played good defense at SS and versatility can play defense at 3rd.

    Cons- He righty and it will cost a ton to sign him. Can He play in NY limelight in big pressure?


    Didi

    Pro- He's a lefty which a plus and built at Yankees stadium. He's proven he's clutch see HR against Kluber last postseason vs Indians

    Cons- Questionable with his defense, has alot mental errors already this season.
    As I posted in another thread, to date in 2018, Machado is the worst defensive SS in baseball per Fangraphs - Fangraphs SS Defensive Metrics 2018.

    Didi is eighth.

    I would take Didi over Manchado for SS, but that is me.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  17. #42

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    As I posted in another thread, to date in 2018, Machado is the worst defensive SS in baseball per Fangraphs - Fangraphs SS Defensive Metrics 2018.

    Didi is eighth.

    I would take Didi over Manchado for SS, but that is me.
    SSS, but I understand and agree with your sentiment as there is a good chance those defensive metrics won't change much.

  18. #43
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    The truth is, assuming he's healthy and SF is willing to deal him, MadBum is precisely who we can use. That's the ideal scenario in so many ways.
    I hate buying rentals. They hurt so much long term. In fact, one of the big reasons our future looks so good is because we sold rentals.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  19. #44

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    I hate buying rentals. They hurt so much long term. In fact, one of the big reasons our future looks so good is because we sold rentals.
    How’s it a rental?
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

  20. #45
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    As I posted in another thread, to date in 2018, Machado is the worst defensive SS in baseball per Fangraphs - Fangraphs SS Defensive Metrics 2018.

    Didi is eighth.

    I would take Didi over Manchado for SS, but that is me.
    I agree. I think Machado is average to slightly above average as a SS. He is all-word defensively at 3B, there is no denying that. And I don't care what the stats say - just watch him for a period of time out there.

  21. #46
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    I hate buying rentals. They hurt so much long term. In fact, one of the big reasons our future looks so good is because we sold rentals.
    Mad Bum
    18:$12M club option ($1.5M buyout), 19:$12M club option

    If the Giants do decide to move him he's more than "just a rental" as he's signed through 2019. The Giants would be asking for multiple premium prospects in any deal for MadBum.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  22. #47
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Mad Bum
    18:$12M club option ($1.5M buyout), 19:$12M club option

    If the Giants do decide to move him he's more than "just a rental" as he's signed through 2019. The Giants would be asking for multiple premium prospects in any deal for MadBum.
    We'd get about 1.5 years of Madbum for $18M and two of our top prospects plus a medium level prospect, if we're lucky.

    If it was players we can't use like Frazier- sure. Otherwise, be long term greedy.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  23. #48
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    We'd get about 1.5 years of Madbum for $18M and two of our top prospects plus a medium level prospect, if we're lucky.

    If it was players we can't use like Frazier- sure. Otherwise, be long term greedy.
    We'd get a proven front of the rotation ace on a team with world series aspirations that needs a front of the rotation ace.

    I'm not saying I would do it because the long term cost could be high but if they did move in some serious chips in a trade for MadBum I wouldn't mind either.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  24. #49

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    There is no single player right now that I would deal all three of Andujar, Sheffield and Florial for.
    Trout, Thor, Altuve, Correa, Kluber, etc.

  25. #50
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY

    Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Trout, Thor, Altuve, Correa, Kluber, etc.
    Not sure about Correa and Kluber. Correa plays SS and we already have DiDi. Kluber is on the wrong side of 30.

    Would you include Sale in that list not that Boston would make that trade?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts