+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 ... LastLast
    Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Please tell me why I shouldn't use all caps and multiple explanation points to rebuke this post...
    Please - demonstrate for us the value Neil Walker or Brandon Drury would have to a team like Seattle (who would probably be better off with Dee Gordon at 2B and maybe promote Ian Miller for added OF depth). Bonus points if you do it with a GIF.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I heard this morning that they're shifting Gordon back to 2nd base and are looking for a CF, but one that doesn't have any long-term contract attached to him.
    We have a slew of center fielders.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Please - demonstrate for us the value Neil Walker or Brandon Drury would have to a team like Seattle (who would probably be better off with Dee Gordon at 2B and maybe promote Ian Miller for added OF depth). Bonus points if you do it with a GIF.
    Ha, but your comment mentioned what you would consider, not what Seattle would.

I wouldn't have traded Nick Solak or Taylor Widener individually for the Rumbelow/Misiewicz package, let alone a contributing ML regular like Walker or Drury. Walker obviously less valuable due to control, but still worth something because of his production ability with cheapness and lack of commitment.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Here:
    http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...al-Free-Agency

Or just don't post it. Please post quality in the correct threads not quantity.

To be fair, I don't think that's the proper thread to discuss him either. He's not an IFA in the same sense as everyone else in that thread, because Kikuchi is old enough where he's not subject to the bonus pools anymore. He would also be going to the majors, not the minors.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    To be fair, I don't think that's the proper thread to discuss him either. He's not an IFA in the same sense as everyone else in that thread, because Kikuchi is old enough where he's not subject to the bonus pools anymore. He would also be going to the majors, not the minors.
    The thread is titled 2018 international free agency. It doesn't need to be one to one to discuss there. It certainly doesn't belong here.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post

Bartolo Colon? Hes back on the roids.

I don't see any starters that would be a significant upgrade being available. The Giants are only 3.5 games back and will be getting Bumgarner back soon. I don't see them giving up on the season with the Dodgers so banged up and the Dbacks just losing their best hitter in Pollock for a while.

I think the pitchers available will be guys like Tyson Ross, Cole Hamels, and maybe Michael Fulmer if he gets it together. I don't see any of those guys as a significant upgrade barring injury.

I definitely see the yanks going to a top starting pitcher

You think this Possible trade is enough ??

Clint Frazier, Chance Adams, Tyler Wade, Ben Heller for Madison Bumgarner ?

Or

Dillon Tate, Tyler Wade, Billy McKinney for Cole Hamels

Or

Freicer Perez, Tyler Wade, Trevor Lane and another for Felix Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Nj201yanks View Post

Or

Or

I don't think Bumgarner will be available. They are still close in the standings and he hasn't pitched for them yet. They went all out in the off season with trades for Longoria and McCuthchen. Plus, the Giants control Bumgarner next year for 12 million. It would take a massive overpay to get him.

Hamels has a 21 team no trade clause and the Yankees are on it. I'm guessing he would want his 2019 option for 20 million picked up to waive the no trade if he would go to the Yankees at all.

Felix Hernandez is sporting a 5.66 era with a 1.419 whip. Last year he had 4.36 era and a 1.292 whip. That doesn't seem worth giving up any real prospects, and he's owed 28 million next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JLJ81 View Post
    I don't think Bumgarner will be available. They are still close in the standings and he hasn't pitched for them yet. They went all out in the off season with trades for Longoria and McCuthchen. Plus, the Giants control Bumgarner next year for 12 million. It would take a massive overpay to get him.

Hamels has a 21 team no trade clause and the Yankees are on it. I'm guessing he would want his 2019 option for 20 million picked up to waive the no trade if he would go to the Yankees at all.

Felix Hernandez is sporting a 5.66 era with a 1.419 whip. Last year he had 4.36 era and a 1.292 whip. That doesn't seem worth giving up any real prospects, and he's owed 28 million next year.
    Yeah I agree about Bumgarner, would be awesome tho lol

Didn't kno about Hameks NTC and you're probably right picking up his option would take for him to wave it

And Tho Hernandez has pitched so much and been in the league at least what ? 12 yrs I think he's still a number 2 on a good team, but I can't remember ever seeing him in a big game so that's what would scare me..and 28 million is a lot for a question mark as of now..

A player I forgot who will be a free agent and not only wants to be a Yankee and will resign, he's only 28, is Patrick Corbin, shouldn't cost too much bc he's going to walk..

Any other you can think of tho ?? Danny Duffy but I read he hasn't been too good since his rookie yr..

Dbacks are in first place and looking to contend so why would they trade Corbin?

Duffy has been bad this year.

Unless a surprise team starts losing a lot I don't see any top of the rotation guys being available.

I think it will be a bunch of middle of the rotation type guys like I said before... Tyson Ross, Hamels, Michael Fulmer, etc

Dbacks are in first place and looking to contend so why would they trade Corbin?

Duffy has been bad this year.

Unless a surprise team starts losing a lot I don't see any top of the rotation guys being available.

I think it will be a bunch of middle of the rotation type guys like I said before... Tyson Ross, Hamels, Michael Fulmer, etc
    I can see the Dbacks falling off fast and far..even if they are 5-10 games out I think they could trade him considering he's gone next year, get what you could..

no.. Giants would fall out of their chair laughing.

More like Frazier, Sheffield, Abreu, Andujar/Florial and that may not even get it done for SF.

They'd probably demand Gleyber and we both hang up.

Or

Or

There is now way the Giants give us Bumgarner if torres is not in the deal. He's in his prime and pretty much single handedly won them a WS. That is not a trade I'm willing to make.

Dillion tate could either be a great number two behind sevy or a dominate reliever, so I'm going to pass on a deal that sends him away for a over the hill Hamels. Three years ago, I'd be all over that.

Felix is done.

I really think the move for the rotation would be to call up Sheffield is he looks good in his next couple of starts and call up carroll to add another domintate arm to the pen.

Not that they would ever trade him to the Yankees, but if the Mets fell out of it you'd hhve to wonder if they look to deal deGrom. They'd get a haul for him. I'd trade Frazier, Sheffield, ++ for him.
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

Yeah I agree about Bumgarner, would be awesome tho lol

Didn't kno about Hameks NTC and you're probably right picking up his option would take for him to wave it

And Tho Hernandez has pitched so much and been in the league at least what ? 12 yrs I think he's still a number 2 on a good team, but I can't remember ever seeing him in a big game so that's what would scare me..and 28 million is a lot for a question mark as of now..

A player I forgot who will be a free agent and not only wants to be a Yankee and will resign, he's only 28, is Patrick Corbin, shouldn't cost too much bc he's going to walk..

Any other you can think of tho ?? Danny Duffy but I read he hasn't been too good since his rookie yr..
    Literally not even close. Felix would be the 6th best starter on this team with everyone healthy.

Mike Petriello

Verified account

@mike_petriello
    22m22 minutes ago
    More
    Yesterday, @mtmeyers suggested to me that the Rockies should trade for Manny Machado and I cannot stop thinking about this. Story isn't really the problem, but I don't care. Blackmon/Arenado/Manny at Coors? Yes, yes yes

Yikes and Be a Scary Lineup with Arenado and Manny and Blackmon.. Machado to Rockies?.

That park makes hitters. They canít pitch. They should focus on developing pitchers that can get outs in that park
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Mike Petriello

Verified account

@mike_petriello
    22m22 minutes ago
    More
    Yesterday, @mtmeyers suggested to me that the Rockies should trade for Manny Machado and I cannot stop thinking about this. Story isn't really the problem, but I don't care. Blackmon/Arenado/Manny at Coors? Yes, yes yes

Yikes and Be a Scary Lineup with Arenado and Manny and Blackmon.. Machado to Rockies?.
    This isn't even a rumor. It's literally nothing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    This isn't even a rumor. It's literally nothing.
    Par for the course.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Hamels has a 21 team no trade clause and the Yankees are on it. I'm guessing he would want his 2019 option for 20 million picked up to waive the no trade if he would go to the Yankees.
    Are the details of his NTC public information? Can you provide a link?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Are the details of his NTC public information? Can you provide a link?
    for 2017 season, may block deals to all clubs except Atlanta, Chicago Cubs, Houston, NY Mets, Philadelphia, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa Bay and Washington

2017 from cots. I assume 2018 is similar but don't know for sure.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Tyson Ross would be an interesting guy. FA next season. Walks too many, but always strikes out a lot of guys.

2nd highest spin rate in baseball on his 4 seamer. 3rd best on his slider. Dealing with Padres may be annoying.

Probably not the type we should be targeting but MadBum types might not be available.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Tyson Ross would be an interesting guy. FA next season.
    Now just post this again in Twitter formatting and you've got yourself a legit trade rumor to some peoples.

Always had a thing for TRoss until the TO surgery. His bro won't be back until the stretch run from his TJS.

Thread Information