+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Go back to Cali, Cali, Cali ArodEra's Avatar

Re: Mike Francesa coming back to WFAN

Drove in listening to Boomer and Gio. Once again, it was just bad, bad radio.

Boomer is a pretentious, arrogant d-bag, whose voice I cannot stand and Gio tries so damn hard to be funny and is never, ever successful. This morning he was doing song imitation spoofs and it was painful to listen to. And, of course, there was the forced, fake fights and fake locker room ball busting among them and the crew.

It's by far the worst listen on the station, made worse by all the Mets talk. Tony Paige is a distant second. I'd rather listen to the 3 clowns that were demoted.
    Call me an anti-Semite? Stop it! Iím anti-termite :
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmRm7jfVAAANxs4.jpg

Reverend Sharpton, thank you for saving America - Nancy Pelosi, November 14, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post

Boomer is a pretentious, arrogant d-bag, whose voice I cannot stand and Gio tries so damn hard to be funny and is never, ever successful. This morning he was doing song imitation spoofs and it was painful to listen to. And, of course, there was the forced, fake fights and fake locker room ball busting among them and the crew.

It's by far the worst listen on the station, made worse by all the Mets talk. Tony Paige is a distant second. I'd rather listen to the 3 clowns that were demoted.
    Can we frame this and send it to FAN?

My all white boy crew's first move in a rap off...
    Last edited by Melancynic; 06-06-18 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Can we frame this and send it to FAN?

https://imgur.com/gallery/EbWlXi8

Thanks....we're def on the same page here.

Reverend Sharpton, thank you for saving America - Nancy Pelosi, November 14, 2018

NYYF Legend

Sounds like I'm lucky that I have a late-night schedule and sleep through Boomer and Gio's hours.

Seconded on Paige. "Tony, what about Aaron Judge's 470-foot homer today?" "Gee, I guess that was great, but Canelo Alvarez looked sensational in the middleweight title fight tonight. What a night of boxing at the Garden!"

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Seconded on Paige. "Tony, what about Aaron Judge's 470-foot homer today?" "Gee, I guess that was great, but Canelo Alvarez looked sensational in the middleweight title fight tonight. What a night of boxing at the Garden!"
    Dead on, my dude.

Thanks....we're def on the same page here.
    100%

Sounds like I'm lucky that I have a late-night schedule and sleep through Boomer and Gio's hours.

This is so spot on that I heard Paige's voice while reading it.

Anybody love JJ after dark? I donít listen to the fan that much because it doesnít come in at my new location that good anymore. But I enjoy listening to that guy.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Anybody love JJ after dark? I don’t listen to the fan that much because it doesn’t come in at my new location that good anymore. But I enjoy listening to that guy.
    Depending on your tastes, he's easy to dislike or easy to like. On balance I like him. The Good-Time Charlie act can be grating to some (HEY EVERYBODY!! JJ AFTAH DARK HERE!!) but I like his energy even if it seems forced at times. And considering he's literally a guy off the street (got his gig by winning that contest they used to run), I'd take him over the tired repetitious "usual suspects" they often run at us like Somers and Paige and Lori Rubenson.

Plus he's a Yankee fan, which is almost as rare as a Dodo bird on the so-called "Yankee station." Some enterprising journalist ought to try to pin down Mark Chernoff some time on how he allows a station that carries the Yankees to be such an on-air hotbed of Mets lovers. If it weren't for Francesa's comeback, I believe Jastremski, an overnight second-stringer, would be the only Yankee fan in the whole stable, unless I'm missing someone.

Donít know why this guy is even relevant. He displays time and time again that heís clueless.

Anybody love JJ after dark? I donít listen to the fan that much because it doesnít come in at my new location that good anymore. But I enjoy listening to that guy.
    His playing up of that ridiculous accent is impossible for me to get past. He sounds like a Brit doing an over-the-top impression of a New York caricature they saw on NYPD Blue. It's Bensonhurt meets Bobby's World.

NYYF Legend

His playing up of that ridiculous accent is impossible for me to get past. He sounds like a Brit doing an over-the-top impression of a New York caricature they saw on NYPD Blue. It's Bensonhurt meets Bobby's World.
    Ha ha. I'm more OK with him than you but I want to mention that he just repeatedly referred to J.A. Happ as "Jay Happ." FFS ....

Might as well put this here:

Mets fan calls up Kim Jones on Saturday afternoon. Seems like an articulate guy but is having a hard time framing his question. Finally seems to put it together that he wonders, if the Mets are going to trade Jacob deGrom, do the Red Sox have a deep enough farm system to put together a package that could beat a Yankee package? (I am guessing at this point he is a Met fan ready to get on with a rebuild but doesn't want to see the Mets help the Yankees.)

Kim says "I'm not a farm system expert" and changes the subject.

What?

I'm not a "farm system expert" either, I keep a toe in the water but wouldn't do well as a regular in Around the Minors. But even I know that in this window of time, the Yankee farm system is considered superior to the Red Sox system. That's not "inside info" at all.

Oh well, guess it can happen to anyone getting paid to talk about baseball.

One movie that just came to mind as an example of the above: Russell Crowe in Broken City. There are many others.

Ha ha. I'm more OK with him than you but I want to mention that he just repeatedly referred to J.A. Happ as "Jay Happ." FFS ....

Mets fan calls up Kim Jones on Saturday afternoon. Seems like an articulate guy but is having a hard time framing his question. Finally seems to put it together that he wonders, if the Mets are going to trade Jacob deGrom, do the Red Sox have a deep enough farm system to put together a package that could beat a Yankee package? (I am guessing at this point he is a Met fan ready to get on with a rebuild but doesn't want to see the Mets help the Yankees.)

What?

I'm not a "farm system expert" either, I keep a toe in the water but wouldn't do well as a regular in Around the Minors. But even I know that in this window of time, the Yankee farm system is considered superior to the Red Sox system. That's not "inside info" at all.

At least she admitted her shortcoming when it comes to baseball farm systems. We have too many radio hosts spouting off their ignorant comments like they know what they're talking about.

I like Kim Jones, but she doesn't cover baseball, she covers football so she should be paired with somebody like Sweeny Murti.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    At least she admitted her shortcoming when it comes to baseball farm systems. We have too many radio hosts spouting off their ignorant comments like they know what they're talking about.

I like Kim Jones, but she doesn't cover baseball, she covers football so she should be paired with somebody like Sweeny Murti.
    I understand, but I'm not asking her for insights on Kaleb Ort or even on Justus Sheffield. Reading a few beat writers, even, would give her the info that the Yankee farm is generally considered stronger than the Sox farm right now, as you know this isn't proprietary information. Met Fan could have at least been told "possible but unlikely."

The Murti suggestion is a good one and I believe they've tried it before, should do it again unless there was some compelling reason why Sweeny needed to be at Citi Field yesterday afternoon (he did do a guest spot with Kim). As long as they don't pair her with Ed "Everything's Fine" Coleman:

"So Ed, what about that home run by Judge off Swarzak, that has to be devastating to Mets fans who have suffered so much already."

Ed: "Listen, nobody feels worse about that home run than Anthony Swarzak, OK? If you saw him after the game you know he feels terrible. These guys do care. Mets fans need to understand that. These guys care."

"Ed, the Mets have lost 8 straight and are falling way out of contention."

Ed: "Yeah, yeah, and they feel terrible, I can tell you. Sandy Alderson feels terrible, the Wilpons feel terrible, Mickey Calloway feels terrible, they ALL feel terrible. You know we fans aren't in this alone, OK?"

"Jose Reyes is batting .028, at what point do they say thanks for the memories?"

Ed: "Jose is trying as hard as anyone. If you noticed in that at-bat against Chapman he had a couple of good swings with 2 strikes, and the last out was on a line to Judge so he was clearly beginning to time Chapman's fastball. Sandy and Mickey are going to have to decide if he can still contribute and he'll be here as long as they think he can, it's as simple as that."

What?

I hear what you're saying but I agree that it's sort of refreshing that she didn't fake it just to sound smart. I met her when she was covering Jets camp. She's a real, genuine person and excellent reporter. Manish Mehta was also a few feet away and was equally as douchey as youd expect.

One movie that just came to mind as an example of the above: Russell Crowe in Broken City. There are many others.
    Haha. Saw that one. Dear God that was bad.

Listening to him say he could make up a game in 15 minutes, and just describe DFS is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Listening to him say he could make up a game in 15 minutes, and just describe DFS is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time
    Que paso?

Que paso?
    https://www.facebook.com/barstoolspo...6787609467502/

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyo...40054223448817

Use the second one instead

NYYF Legend

OMG how do people watch/listen to this moron? Next he is going to invent a really cool game to play at tailgates involving pouch sacks and a slighted inclined board with a hole at the end.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

At some point someone is going to have to sabotage the WFAN transmitter lol. JJ after dark is proposing Hicks, Austin and Drury for Steven Matz. The update guy is arguing with him, saying it's too slanted to the Yankees.

Dear God. That is hysterical. Thanks for the link

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

It's so nice that Mike came back and just invented fantasy sports!
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

I gave up on WFAN years ago. I find most of the calls to be infantile and the responses worse. I have better things to do with my time than to listen to this drivel. Francesca is annoying or was when I listened to him

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Mikes horse ran today and won. Paid 12 dollars

NYYF Legend

While in reminiscing mode today, he mentioned twice how Mel Stottlemyre came out of the minors to help the Yankees make it to the 1994 World Series.

A few minutes later, he did get the year right on the third try.

Thread Information