+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Gleyber Torres Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I don't get it.
    It's the same cadence as De-rek Je-ter. Perfect for canned stadium chants.

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

The sound of the crack of the bat was orgasmic on tonight's homer.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    His approach and ability to read pitchers/sequences is so cerebral. It's a true gift. Not a knock, because they both can get it done, but he's like polar opposite of Andujar's approach.

NYYF Legend

pics or it didn't happen
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    pics or it didn't happen

One better, a video clip, though I cannot show the orgasm, which I can't show here.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/video/to...t/c-2155316583

NYYF Legend

One better, a video clip, though I cannot show the orgasm, which I can't show here.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/video/to...t/c-2155316583
    you're a little tease
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

MVP, IOW you don't want to think what our record would be without him.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEllis View Post
    MVP, IOW you don't want to think what our record would be without him.
    If he keeps this pace up, outside chance at maybe. Trout, Betts and Martinez are having incredible seasons.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    If he keeps this pace up, outside chance at maybe. Trout, Betts and Martinez are having incredible seasons.
    Team MVP is what I meant. But, yeah...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Trout is having an insane season. No way Gleyber even sniffs the MVP in front of him, or others TBH. And that's OK.

Apparently Verlander tried to low key accuse him of PEDS by liking a tweet questioning why/how he's hitting more HRs than he ever did. This from a guy who is having his best season/stuff at the age of 35

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Apparently Verlander tried to low key accuse him of PEDS by liking a tweet questioning why/how he's hitting more HRs than he ever did. This from a guy who is having his best season/stuff at the age of 35

i would check out verlander for a man of 35 to be doing the things he is doing... minor league stats are worthless after all judge never hit more than 20 home runs in any season in the minor leagues...

NYYF Legend

Link?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    i would check out verlander for a man of 35 to be doing the things he is doing... minor league stats are worthless after all judge never hit more than 20 home runs in any season in the minor leagues...
    Yeah it's pretty common place for power numbers to jump in the majors. It does not always mean PEDS. lol
    Is he worried about the Yankees? Why so pressed about Torres when all these other rookies lighting up the majors...

Trout is another guy who has hit way more homers in the majors.

Yeah it's pretty common place for power numbers to jump in the majors. It does not always mean PEDS. lol
    Is he worried about the Yankees? Why so pressed about Torres when all these other rookies lighting up the majors...

Right went from hitting 13 homers in the minors to hitting 30 in his first full year.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

NYYF Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if he got busted, but this jump isn't as drastic as people are making it out to be - he'd shown a glimpse of pretty significant power ability/potential in the minors.

As a 20 year old in a really poor power environment (Waterfront in Trenton) he posted a .223 ISO and was on pace for approximately 25 HR.

Almost every single Yankees prospect brought up through their horrific power suppression ballparks from low-A up has shown a noticeable power jump upon reaching the Majors with it's friendly baseballs and ballpark dimensions.

There's certainly a chance that he's using something because he's a baseball player and they're all dirty, but there are also decent reasons we're seeing this: development due to age, talent already displayed, and hitting environment/baseballs.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

What makes you think this is unusual? It's not without precedent.
    Clemens did it too...
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Verlander has moved into Curt Shilling territory of annoying rival pitchers that are dead to me.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Ozzie Albies hit 16 HR in 1555 minor league AB. He has hit 16 HR in 293 AB in the major this year.

Trout hit 24 HR in 1223 minor league AB. He had 682 AB in his first 2 major league seasons and he hit 35 HR.

Another possible reason for more power is, he's pulled the ball a lot more in the majors.

Another possible reason for more power is, he's pulled the ball a lot more in the majors.

the kid has major power he has hit quite a few home runs to the opposite field already...

Only opposite filed homers I can think of is the one in Detroit and home against Houston I think. The rest are either CF or LF.

His approach has slightly changed in the majors. He definitely has power the other way but has pulled a lot up here.
    Pitchers are now trying to get him out on sliders away. He either needs to layoff or stay on it and hit it the other way like he did in the minors.

I didn't realize how many big swings he takes either.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Verlander has moved into Curt Shilling territory of annoying rival pitchers that are dead to me.
    The PED speculation is ridiculous. Many players hit more HRs in the Majors than they do in the minors. They’re surrounded by Major Leaguers who help them, they eat better, rest more, have better accommodations which improves their all around game/physique. They have more security so they’re not stressing about making it to the bigs along with another 4 thousand guys, 3800 of which will never make it.

There are so many factors that make players better in the Majors. If it’s just PEDs, then let’s get rid of that Trout fella.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    The PED speculation is ridiculous. Many players hit more HRs in the Majors than they do in the minors. They’re surrounded by Major Leaguers who help them, they eat better, rest more, have better accommodations which improves their all around game/physique. They have more security so they’re not stressing about making it to the bigs along with another 4 thousand guys, 3800 of which will never make it.

There are so many factors that make players better in the Majors. If it’s just PEDs, then let’s get rid of that Trout fella.
    Please don’t post posts that you didn’t write and make believe they’re yours.

Thread Information