+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25

Re: 2018 Gleyber Torres Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I think Paul wants to relax and play golf for the most part. His part time schedule with YES is probably more than enough work for him.

Plus, if his preparation for his YES broadcasts (aka: Zero Preparation) translated to his preparation as a hitting coach, we'd be calling for his head in Spring Training.
    Yeah, I tend to believe that only baseball games O'Neill watches these days are the ones he attends as a broadcaster. I think he enjoys his part time schedule and I can't see him giving that up to become a fulltime coach.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Yeah, I tend to believe that only baseball games O'Neill watches these days are the ones he attends as a broadcaster. I think he enjoys his part time schedule and I can't see him giving that up to become a fulltime coach.
    Paul O'Neill would make a great manager because he won't accept crappy effort from his players.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Paul O'Neill would make a great manager because he won't accept crappy effort from his players.
    How do you know Paul would be able to handle the other aspects of managing. You dont
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    I’m sure his propensity for throwing bats and breaking water coolers would keep the team steady and consistent.
    Last edited by Bill Marsh; 09-05-18 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Iím sure his propensity fro throwing bats and br asking water coolers would keep the team steady and consistent.
    A Sweet Lou Pinella disciple.

MLB announced that Gleyber Torres was named the American League Player of the Week for the period ending September 2nd. Torres batted .478 (11-for-23) with three runs scored, three home runs, 10 RBI, five walks and a stolen base across seven games played to earn his second AL Player of the Week Award this season (also May 27th), and the second of his career.

I think only two hits since that big swing he took against the Tigers, where he looked like he hurt himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    It would be nice to find out. Maybe being on the field in uniform would suit him better than announcing, even though he seems to enjoy it.
    I'd be glad to see him leave the booth. He giggles too much, especially at his own jokes. Too many "Eh, Conie's," too much bromancing with Kay, too many "it's kinda's," etc. The YES producer really needs to get him under control.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Who the heck wouldn't enjoy what paul is doing? Work 40 games a year. Get to fly around the country 1st class, stay at the Ritz, eat all the food you want. It's a damn good life lol. Oh not to mention I'm sure he gets paid a couple bucks too.

Btw why is this in a gleyber torres thread?

Thread Information